The Body Shop Almond Oil Intensive Hand Rescue

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/9/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Didn't work that well and there is something very off about the scent. Almost plastic with something else. I get very dry hands from constant hand washing and this just isn't effective enough for me. Not worth the money would not repurchase.

on 12/8/2012 4:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm giving this an overall rating of 3 stars as I give the old version 5 stars but the new formulation 1 star. The 'old' version gave me beautiful radiant hands, moisturised to perfection, made them as soft as baby's skin, and made them look flawless. The new 'reformulated' version gave me dermatitis and I would never purchase it again.

Anyway, if you are not allergic to the new formulation (I recommend trying it in store or asking for some in a sample pot) then it's probably pretty good. If you can get your hands on the 'old' formulation you've hit a goldmine!

The reformulated or new version packaging has a sticker on the lid which is half beige/half dark brown with a hand print in white, whereas the old formulation's sticker is all beige with a white hand print.

on 6/16/2012 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This hand cream is fantastic. The scent is nice, the lotion is smooth and non-greasy, and you only need to use a little bit..so the product lasts a long time. This lotion will make your skin feel hydrated and smooth and your nails will feel stronger and less brittle over time.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The best hand cream I have ever used. I have even got my mum addicted to it. I buy one for myself and one for her every time. It it thick enough that you only need a small amount, and creamy enough to spread easily. It is absorbed really quickly and has a quirky scent that I actually like (I have many people comment on something "smelling nice" whenever I freshly apply the product). It really leaves the hands moisturised and supple for hours on end. Great value because you only use a small amount.

on 1/22/2012 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I first purchased this product when I worked outside as a tour guide in the winter. It kept my hands soft and smooth and kept the skin around my nails from cracking or drying out. I also think it strengthened my nails, which can get brittle, probably due to smoking and a less-than-stellar diet. When I use this product regularly, my nails don't chip and look strong and healthy.

I ran out of the stuff a while ago and have been using other intensive moisturisers instead, but nothing's come close to this, which I just repurchased and applied for the first time in a while last night. I thought my hands were beyond saving after some serious mistreatment this winter, but when I woke up they were transformed! :)

Smells great, too.

Usually I just dip a fingertip or two into the cream and that's enough to moisturise my hands and nails for the day. I've gotten numerous compliments from men and women alike about how soft my hands are. This is my secret.

ETA: Since writing this review, I've switched to LUSH Helping Hands. It doesn't smell great at all, to be honest, but I find it does a better job of improving the softness of my hands in the long run. Maybe my hands just got "used" to this Body Shop product, and that's why its effectiveness started to diminish? Either way, if Intensive Hand Rescue doesn't float your boat for whatever reason, try this product by LUSH.

on 11/1/2011 12:56:00 PM

This stuff is great if you have really dry skin/dry patches of skin, but it has to be REALLY dry. The product is thick and oily, so it's not good as an every day moisturizer...unless you live here in Canada and have to deal with drying winter air + washing your hands often.

I actually get really dry patches on my face now and then, and I use this stuff on those spots before I go to bed, too. And in the summer, the heels of my feet get really dry, so I apply this stuff out of the shower (after using a foot file or a pumice stone, of course) and it keeps my feet soft and pretty.

The packaging is not ideal. I don't like anything I have to dig my fingers into, but honestly, it's too thick and oily to put in a squeeze bottle so what can you do. In the end, I'd be a scaly beast without this stuff so I'll take it how it comes.

on 5/2/2011 2:00:00 PM

For an "intensive" hand cream it's not that intensively moisturizing. I've used other products that were not "intensive" or even for extra dry skin, and they did the job better than this one. However, if your hands are super dry it's a great hand cream. I love the smell and texture, it seeps right into your skin so no greasy feeling at all! I would buy it again, like I said, just not for winter months!

on 4/28/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in the winter when my hands were really dry. It's rich and easy to spread on my hands. I like to use it before bed, and wake up to soft hands!

on 10/24/2010 10:02:00 AM

My favorite hand cream ever ! For a start I like the fact it's in a pot, because squeezy tubes tend to open in my purse but not with this stuff ! It smells great, and really does miracles on my hands, especially during winter when they tend to be very dry from the cold. I feel my hand are "protected" and moisturized at the same time. Liked it so much I actually bought some to my friends too :)

on 8/6/2010 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

AMAZING. This stuff is like heaven for my hands. In just a week there was already very noticable improvement in my hands. They used to be very dry, and my nail beds were pretty bad. But with this stuff my hands are once again hydrated and smooth. It IS a little greasy when you apply it, but that's to be expected because it is an intensive cream. That being said, it does absorb into the skin pretty nicely if you give it time. I'm also in love with the sweet almond smell. Yummy! Definitely repurchasing!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products