January 31, 2015 | 929 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 4:10:00 AM More reviews by makeupalleyusername123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! I don't understand all the bad reviews on this product. Though it can be a little greasy, it removes all my eyeshadow/liner in one swipe and completely breaks down waterproof mascara/liquid liner. But, I've found there is a best way to use it. Pour a VERY small amount on a cotton pad, and rub it over your eye gently until all the makeup is off. Add a little more remover to the cotton pad if needed, but as little as possible. Once you've removed all the makeup, wipe/pat your eye area with a clean wash cloth to remove the oil that's in the remover. Once you've washed your face and done the rest of your skincare, the greasiness will be gone and overnight your eye area will get so moisturized! I believe I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle, and I'll definitely keep repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2015 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Neema

Nope. This makeup remover is no good. Its basically mineral oil and chemicals. I should have just looked at the ingredients before I bought this BUT I remember liking it when I was a kid (middle/high school).

This is useful for spot removing mistakes after applying makeup because the nozzle is so small its easy to squeeze onto a q-tip. But for use on the whole eye...its not good. It takes a lot of rubbing and tugging to actually remove makeup and I dont even wear waterproof mascara just the regular kind. Also like I said before..its basically just mineral oil (and chemicals).

I just purchased the boots soothing eye makeup remover and its a million times better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TheItalian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst make-up remover I have ever tried.

Not only it doesn't remove waterproof makeup (or regular makeup either), it also just leaves an annoying film IN your eyes unless you wash and scrub with soap afterwards, which I am not keen on doing because I don't want to dry out my eye contour area (I usually spray away makeup remover residue with SodiumPCA enriched water).

Price and packaging are ok, but I would never buy it again. On the other hand, their clean express line is awesome, removes makeup fast and leaves no residue. Huge plus, the wonderful fragrance!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This did not remove eye makeup effectively, and it left an oily film in my eyes for several hours after use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

I am surprised that so many people find this product to be unsatisfactory. Yes, it is oily but I find that I desire such consistensy when it comes to taking off eye products and for me it is working out very well taking off my stubborn eyeliner that gets right into the lashline. I have sensitive skin and this feels good against my skin and works quickly to remove eye product. I have no complaints.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Nenita222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is very bad, it burn my eyes and gave me some kind of allergic reaction and it didn't even remove my mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by PokeyPuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! It removes EVERYTHING with very little effort. It is very oily, which some people hate, but I actually enjoy the feeling. Sometimes when I wear harsh eye makeup for a while the oiliness is very soothing. I just use this first and then wash my face. I've used several other eye makeup removers including some much more expensive brands and this is my favorite so far. I got mine for $3.50. It does not irritate my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Eh. This product is okayy if you have to use it, but it just leaves a mess of its own. Sure its moisturizing, but whenever i try to use it it leaves such a greasy, oily mess all over my eye. It gets the job done with eyeshadow and eyeliner, but it takes some work with the mascara. I have to be sure to wipe every bit of it off before i open my eye, otherwise it will blur my vision if it gets in my eye, if only a little bit. I wouldn't use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by veetsai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the most outlandish, sorry excuse of a make-up remover that has ever graced the face of this earth. Although it does get the job done, this make-up remover takes an extremely frustrating amount of time and equally frustrating amount of effort to remove mascara and eyeliner. I find this completely ironic because this ludicrous product is specifically labelled as an "EYE-MAKEUP REMOVER". Even worse, it leaves behind an oily residue, which is a whole mess of its own to clean up. It feels like I had just slapped a greasy Big Mac and a handful of oily bacon on my face. Furthermore, this product is EXTREMELY irritating to the eyes -- I have used it for a grand total of 3 times, and I can always count on it to leave my poor eyes red, itchy, and miserable. And yet, Maybelline still has the audacity to claim that it is "safe for sensitive eyes".

I wouldn't even call this product mediocre. It is "marginally functional" at best.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by kimchas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product did not suit me. It is super oily but it didn't remove make up like other oily remover. And it burns my eye so bad. I would not bu it again.