October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I have tried the Camomile Volumizing, JAY, GPB Protein, Green Tea & Calaguala Fern shampoos from this company. The Green Tea & Calaguala Fern are my favorites, and from what I have seen, are the only ones that don't have soy protein in the ingredient list which is probably why I like them. The ones with soy protein seems to leave a bit of film on my hair & don't lather as well. You only need a little bit and it's best to concentrate on the roots otherwise it can tangle your hair & it's hard to comb out. Nice, natural herbal scents & impressive ingredient lists. The Green Tea & Calaguala Fern are best for fine/ oily hair but there are many others to choose from if your hair is a different type. This company also makes a variety of conditioners & stylers too. The cost is between $10-$15 depending on where you buy it. Whole Foods carries some of these, as do some health food stores. You can get great deals on-line.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TheMush

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for Aubrey Organics Normalising shampoo. According to them its 'ideal for stressed/overexposed hair'

The shampoo says its suitable for swimmers/sports people and also for blonde/grey hair. Now I don't swim or play any sports but my hair is blonde, hence why I decided to try this out. Plus its SLS free, and SLS shampoos seem to make my hair frizzy, dry, crispy feeling.

This shampoo claims to remove chlorine, mineral build up and to neutralise odour and prevent discoloration.

This shampoo has been great for my blonde hair. Its removed the build up that lurks in the water and makes my blonde hair darker than what it is. (Im in the UK)
PLUS its made my hair very shiny and soft - my hair is shoulder length, coloured, fine but theres lots of it.
My hair is less frizzy and feels alot healthier. I love how my hair shines without the use of serum!
Scent wise, its very faint, not unpleasant at all.

Now if anyone is trying a natural/organic shampoo for the first time, please be aware your hair will do a sort of detox, so your hair will feel a bit dry and dull for the first couple of washes, after this though you should start noticing a difference. But dont give up after the first wash, stick to it, its worth it! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

My favourite Aubrey is the Luxurious Camomile Shampoo (no not the Blue Camomile). It leaves hair very soft, fluffy and fragrant and seems to enhance the silver in my hair. But I have to use quite a bit to get a good lather going. Love the scent of this one! Top marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2006 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jelink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Highly recommended! The ONLY brand on the market with it's own all-natural preservatives! GREAT ingredients, but doesn't lather as nice as the others.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2005 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cherriesjubilee77

Blue chamomile smells and looks heavenly and the regular chamomile is pretty decent...love the ingredients..but somehow, this stuff doesnt rinse clean for me..I need the detergents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ara133

I used to use the peppermint henna highlighting shampoo (natural color). The packaging was pretty dull but not horrible, it was a bit pricey for the amount of shampoo, but smells wonderful and left my hair very shiny and full (have heavy brown hair). I would definitely purchase again if I could ever find it! They don't sell that product at any of our health food stores here.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2003 6:36:00 PM More reviews by CAlexRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Island Naturals or Island Butter Shampoo with shea butter. You don’t need lather to clean your hair. This shampoo has to SLS or ALS (a harsh detergent that is common in commercial shampoos because its cheap and makes the product lather) so your hair doesn’t dry out. It may not be good for oily hair, but you if you hair is dry, curly or damaged, this is great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2001 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Penguin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was severely disappointed in 2 of the Aubrey shampoos I tried. I used them up but there was absolutely no lather and my hair felt gross.