November 23, 2014 | 2031 users online

Powder - Chanel - Teint Controle Compact

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2006 4:53:00 AM More reviews by musik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Teint controle do have a very soft texture and smooth application but it do not last! Does not control oil as well, such a dissappointment,will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by expatriot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging of this product. The mirror is big making it perfect for touch ups on the go and the whole compact has a real luxurious feel to it as with all Chanel products.
Although the colour is perfect for my yellow based skin (I am not Asian), I found the finish chalky. I was very disappointed with the coverage, which was very sheer. The makeup did survive a hot steamy journey on London's underground though...
I wouldn't buy the product again, I will be sticking to my mac studio fix for touch ups which covers really well and lasts just as well on hot and humid days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 5:39:00 AM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really luv this powder foundation.Coverage is medium but might be full for others.This powder is a rave in S'pore, & very costly too.Texture is finely milled, soft & non-clogging. Better for oily, acne proned skin.Evens out skintone without feeling chalky, pasty & heavy.Powder will melt nicely into skin & create a sheer yet good coverage.Yellow based, suits asian skin ( or olive )Better formula than the old version Chanel DPC....My HG foundation! Definitely will repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by cperry

This product intrigued me because if you look on the Chanel website, it says that this powder was created especially for Asian skin and to control oil. So, from there I pretty much decided that I had to have this, since I'm Asian and am always on the look-out for a good yellow-based powder foundation that will control the oil slicks that can occur on my oily skin. I got this from Ebay, since it's not sold in the U.S. I am an Asian MMM, Stila 50 Watts, Nars St. Tropez. This comes in just six shades, and they run LIGHT. I just guessed and ordered the 50 Beige Dore (the second darkest shade!). This actually was a perfect color match, and the powder definitely has yellow undertones, which I love! PERFECT for Asian skintones. However, it does take some time for the powder to settle into the skin after applying. I think because this has such a high SPF (SPF 25), it can tend to look cakey, if you use the sponge to apply it. So, I use a powder brush to apply, which gives a nice smooth finish, especially after the powder settles into the skin. Also, although this is an exact color match for me, I prefer my powder foundations to be just a tad bit darker than my actual skintone. So, I mix this with my Nars St. Tropez. I have to say that the oil control of the Chanel Teint Controle is superb! I don't have to blot until mid-day, and even then, there's not as much to blot as there is with other powder foundations I've used. Keep in mind that I usually have to blot after just three or so hours normally! This powder foundation is definitely suitable for oilier skin types and NOT dry skin types, and I'm not sure yet if this will be too much oil control in the winter months (even for me) - I'll update later. Also, I wish that I would have gotten this in shade 60 Beige Extreme so that I wouldn't have to mix it with the Nars St. Tropez, but at $60 plus $5 shipping, I'll have to make do with the 50 Beige Dore. So, all in all I'm satisfied with this powder foundation, although it's not my HG. That quest continues...
EDIT (10/3/06): Now that I've had some time to acquaint myself with this powder foundation and the best ways to apply it, I LOVE it. I even gave it 5 lippies, as opposed to the original 4 I gave it. The color match is superb (I originally thought it was too light, but after it settles into the skin, the color seems to just blend in), it controls the oilies pretty well, has good coverage, but not unnatural. I apply this with my Stila #8 brush for lighter coverage. For a more polished look, I apply with my Stila #21 brush, which allows me to really blend the powder into my skin for a flawless look. For touch-ups during the day, I blot first with my Shiseido blotters and then touch-up with the Teint Controle using the Stila retractable powder brush #31. This brush works wonders for touch-ups during the day. Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Cartoonfish

This foundation is great for oilier skintypes, however if you are acne prone, it may trigger a break out as a few of my colleagues have experienced. The packaging again is excellent, a trademark of chanel's. powder is finely milled and smooth, however it does have a thin consistency,and touch ups is needed to ensure even coverage. This is better compared to the blanc essential compact chanel has though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by skyrider007

Pefect powder foundation for those with oily skin. Specially formulated for Asia's tropical climate. This foundation gives your face a smooth flawless look while controling oil. I've been using Teint Controle Compact for a month now and I was noticed by friends that my face looked brighter and smoother. Highly recommended. Available only in Asia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

The Double Perfection Compact was a nightmare for me so I haven't touched any Chanel foundation for quite a while. This compact is called the Mattifying Powder Foundation which is specially designed for hot and humid climates. I heard so many good things about it and thought that I have to give it try. I'm glad I did. I have combination skin during warm months and makeup wears off easily on my T-zone. But Teint Controle Compact lasts hours and hours on me. The best I've tried in terms of staying power. After the whole day it's still there, just more of a dewy finish. It looks a bit powdery when just applied but sets into the skin after a while. Provides light to medium coverage that is buildable. The powder isn't the finest but the overall performance in terms of mattifying and staying power is quite amazing. Great for combination or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautifool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good Oil-Free powder foundation with SPF20
i used to use Double Perfection Compact for ages but i changed to this one ..if u're goin to buy this powder foundation u hav to choose the lighter color than your skin cuz once its on your face it became darker ..but thats what i like about it anyway, giv me a bit tanner looks
> continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2002 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ck4babe

i use no. 30 Beige Cendre - i'm #4 in Giorgio Armani LSF and Soft Amber in VLWC. it's quite highly fragranced, so sensitive skin types may react. the colour looked rather orange-y on me and leaves a chalky finish. not a good product, especially for the price.