July 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous- Love That Red

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Okay so I don't know what voodoo magic this stuff does to me but it's pink not red. And it look so awful on me. Thank god it's so cheap, or I would be really upset. If you have any way of trying it on before you buy, DO! It like all other lipsticks changes with your skintone. So whack it on and figure it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's such a fun red- I have a lot of darker, bloodier reds but this one is so much more easy going. Its a warm red, slightly orangey (like a poppy flower color, not an ugly neon). I first purchased Cherry Blossom, but as it was such a cool color it didn't suit me. Love That Red is the same intensity, but is basically the 'warm' version of Cherry Blossom :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another fantastic red on my cool toned pale skin! It doesn't make my teeth look yellow. The formula is also hydrating and long lasting. This is my favorite out of all the red shades I've purchased by Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by sultryvoice

I love this shade. It really is the perfect red lipstick, and I have worn many HG red lipsticks. It is not too cool and it's not too warm. It pops against my mocha complexion and is not garish, but highly complementary. What I really love about it is that it is very creamy and not drying. What I really, really love about it is that I can apply it, blot it with tissue and achieve a beautiful matte finish that lasts. I only purchase Revlon lipsticks when they are on sale for half price or less, which happens quite frequently (btwn SDM and Rexall, these sales happen about 6x per year). After years of wasting money on HG lipsticks (tsk tsk...I was so misguided), I will stick with Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by poisonivy08

love that red is the shade i will always love :-)since it is a bright true red, it doesn't make my teeth appear yellow at all. the lasting power is good but has a tendency to smudge so i deal with this by covering my lips with lip liner before application so that it lasts that long . i'd definitely repurchase considering its performance and affordable price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (shade in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Rosewine, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the lipstick of my life! It's a lovely bright true red that stays on for a very long time without needing to reapply. I always put lip balm on underneath so I can't really comment on how moisturizing this stuff is, but my lips do feel quite lovely once I'm done applying. The color is not one to toy with, but I love it for a pinup/retro look (Revlon's been manufacturing it since 1951!) or when I'm just feeling bold and want a sharp contrast with my wardrobe. The price is fantastic ($5 @ Target) and I don't feel the need to try out any other brands, so I'll just stick with this beaut.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For only $5, the super lustrous is probably the best revlon lipsticks, with a nice creamy formula and lots of colors to choose from. This is a bright orangey red that I picked up, and although it looked like it would be too bright for my skin, it looked pretty on me. Not my ideal red lippie, but still fun to try out if you want something that will brighten up your face.For reference, I'm between an NC37 and NC42 with golden undertones.
Buy this if you want a bright red, it's only 5 bucks, so why wouldn't you?? :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No