December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Parfait Complexion Enhancer Oil-free [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by brittspurlock

Great product but its really hard to find now!! None of the YSL counters in my area have it left in stock so I was forced to buy it online and paid a little more than retail price for it! Either way... I will buy more when I can for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lisa356

I have used this on and off for years and recently bought it again in #1. It does not really make a difference in my skin. I tried a few time just put it on half of my face and I couldn't tell a difference. However, I kept going back to it. I guess it's just a no brainer for me when I don't want to wear foundations but still want something after moisturizer to feel polished. And the tube is perfect for travel. I wish I could find something like this but with spf.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought 01 Radiant Mauve because I heard it's really good for asian skin tones and reduces the yellow sallowness of our skintone. I have very fair NC15 skin. The packaging is just soso: a soft squeezable plastic tube filled 8/10 of the way with product with YSL printed on, the main culprit for the pricetag. The hole that the product comes out in is a very good size as I can easily control how much product comes out.
YSL describes the smell as fresh, and so would I. It smells of lavender but not as a sweet and a fresh wet watermelon, very pleasant scent.
When I apply this on my skin, it goes on very smooth and cool and blends in right away. But because it does blend in right away, I barely notice a difference in the tone, texture, or appearance in my skin. If anything, it feels softer. Because it's a primer, I'll talk about how it does as a primer. Does it help my makeup stay on longer? It definitely does although it's not as great at controlling shine and oil as primers designed specifically for that.
I would compare this to Benefit That Gal. They're both coloured primers for enhancing skintone and both feel identical being applied to the skin. Also being honest I don't notice a difference in the way my skin looks and when I do I don't know if it's just my imagination or wanting this product to work.
That being said, I still really love this primer for what it says it should do...and I don't care if it's all in my mind, plus it smells amazing!
Hope that helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Supernova86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! It's very light. You don't feel like wearing make-up. The color comes off very light as well. I have color 7 but that's a little to dark for me (check my swap items!). Next time I would take nr 5 or 3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by superlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent product.. used it colour #3. suitable for asian skin tones. it is oil free n keep ur makeup on ur face the whole day!! it adds abit of shimmer (not alot) but makes my face looking soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Bahagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I'd like to say I love this, I dont know if im using it right, i ve just read reviews saying they use this as a primer but i was mixing a little with my YSL Perfect Touch Foundation to add an extra glow.
I like the fact that it oil free and the glow it gives is subtle & lovely. I will review again after trying as a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

on a scale of 1 to 10, i would probably give it a 7. 4 years ago i got a tube of Teint Parfait in Apricot in a swap and while i love its scent and texture, the color looks awful on my skin (typical Asian skin with yellow undertone). I later realized Apricot is intended for people with cooler skin tone. i chucked it out and never tried it in another shade. until now.

i got a tube in Mauve last week at the YSL counter, hoping the lavender tint will take away the yellowness in my skin. my expectation was so high i ended up getting disappointed. again. it doesn't really do much for my skin - i don't notice much difference the product makes on my skin. it doesn't look brighter or more radiant. and it adds another step to my already complicated makeup routine (moisturizer > Guerlain's L'OR > YSL Teint Parfait > Shiseido Anessa sunscreen > foundation) in the morning which is such a hassle. as far as primers go, i'd prefer L'OR from Guerlain.

the good thing about this one is that it's oil-free and people with acne problems can use it without worrying it might aggravate the breakouts. the texture is nice and velvety (but without silicon in the product) which is such a delight to use. and the fresh scent is a bonus.

i'm kinda on the fence about this one. i mean, i'd finish the tube but i don't know if i'd repurchase it. i like the shade of #2 but hate the shimmer in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by bluejuice74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Excellent foundation primer. I use #1 purple. This doesn't really brighten the skin tone, but this is the best foundation primer out there. It leaves the skin silky smooth and helps my foundation settle perfectly. Once I tried a different, somewhat orange color (it wasn't one of the 7 basic colors) but it darkened my complexion. #1 is the one to go if you want to improve your skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by miotiramisu

"A sheer highlighter that can be freely used to beautify the complexion and reveal its natural glow."

It does what it says: enhances your (natural) complexion. This product is a staple in my collection. It's light enough to wear as a skin tint but acts more like a face primer/skin corrector.
#7 Sand is perfect for my NC40-42 skin tone. It's been 8 months since I've been wearing this product almost everyday with and w/o makeup. I have some large pores and because sometimes I work late and have trouble sleeping, on most days my eyes look tired and my skin is dull. It was a PITA for me to find something that could control oil without drying out skin causing foundation to look masque-like. The Parfait really wakes up my face and gives it a radiant- smoothed out boost so that my foundation will look 10x better on. I have extremely oily skin and this helps my make up from slipping off or disappearing. In my experience, my make up not only looks fresher, but it lasts the whole day. If i get really oily, I only blot once with Palladio oil sheets and I'm ready to go. I think if you've never used a primer before, you should seriously consider trying this one first. Also, if you're thinking about using this as a light foundation, keep in mind the coverage is super sheer.

Expect your skin to look refreshed and awake. This is by far the best expensive make up investment I've ever made. Nordstrom $36
Update: It's been almost a year and I haven't used up the tube yet. If you think about it, shelling out $36 for something that works isn't that much. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by miranets

Skin type: combo, oily tzone, easily congested pores, NC30 yellow undertones with redness

I have this in #3, a neutral medium beige, suitable for my yellow undertone complexion which looks awful in any peach/apricot beige hues. The coverage of this product is very sheer, so it does not come close or highlighting to covering my dark circles and redness. The texture is excellent, non greasy nor mattifying, reasonably spreadable (esp since I use this on top of my base face powder!). I don't mind the cucumber smell, but is it really necessary? The shimmers are a bit more obvious compared to something like By Terry enhancer, so occassionaly you can see a few specks of glitter. I suppose this does not serve any purpose for me except to use over a concealing base and use as a smoothing enhancer. The effects are more significant once the enhancer has absorbed into the skin and face oils have softened all products. You end up with a very delicate glow without sheen or glares. I think the tints are all very sheer so I think many skintones could pass off with any of the shades.

My only gripe is that it is very easy to squeeze out too much product, even squirt out flying into the air! I think perhaps a long thin tip tube would give better control, I tried to save some excess product by putting into a sample jar but alas it dried up. Also the price is outrageous in NZ, ridiculous markups means this tube costs $45-60 at department stores. You can find reasonably good bargains on Ebay.