Wet 'n' Wild #414 - Red Red

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/29/2015 10:41:00 AM

I bought this nail polish at my local drugstore, why? It was a pretty color and it was cheap. I have had it on for two days, no chips, no problems.
If some think it is too thick, then add a few drops of nail polish thinner.
I have reviewed several Wet and Wild nail polishes, and I always have a routine (and it works for me). First, apply Opi Chip Skip. Second, apply Cutex "Basework" basecoat. Third, apply one or two coats of nail color. Fourth, apply Essie No Chips Ahead. Make sure you allow each coat to dry completely. Fifth, for touch ups use Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat.
If you cannot find the Chip Skip, basecoat, and Diamond Flash (at your local drugstore), then go to Drugstore.com / Beauty.com (actually these to sites are the same, just different areas).
You may initially find the four products a tad bit expensive, however, they will last you quite a while (depending how often you do your nails).
This method works with expensive, as well as inexpensive nail polishes.
Also, protect your hands and nails by using rubber gloves when doing chores (i.e. washing dishes) around the house. Your hands and nails will thank you (smile).

on 12/9/2014 3:35:00 PM

I just bought this super cheap red for a holiday and it outlasted all others by far. I applied wet'n'wild's "Fergie" brand Glowstick - bright neon color and it ended up clumping. This red didn't show any bumps and wasn't impacted by me attempting to tamper with it at all.
Would definitely buy this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The best red polish for a pedicure. Dirt cheap, you could totally get away with only 1 coat (but I am compelled to do at least 2), awesome neutral cherry red that anybody should be able to pull off. I don't really like red polish on my fingernails but on my toes, love it and this is a must have.

on 4/26/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Dark Skin girls that are afraid of red...try this ASAP.. it's nice and goes on smooth and evenly. I have many reds and this is replacing my Sally Hansen triple shine Playing Koi.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

In terms of value, this is perhaps the best red I can think of. This thing applies opaque in one coat on me. ONE COAT! The color is crayon red and perfect for those that want that shade and nothing else. I don't wear red polish often because I prefer blues and glitters, but it's a nice treat when I want a quick polish job versus others I own that take more work (sheerer, streakier, etc). All that for 99 cents too, and you can get it for even lower on sale! Definitely one of my best beauty buys ever.

on 9/20/2013 9:40:00 AM

Great color! Kind of a fresh and bright red. Went on evenly and looked great. Will use a top coat and hit it out the door. Can't be beat at any price, but the price is also so reasonable that it gets a top rating for that as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the color. It is gorgeous. It's definitely worth one dollar but it dries out within 2 to 3 months. It also starts chipping after a day or two with one coat. Needs a top/base coat or just apply two coats of it and it'll stay good for a good 3 days. Love the color, It pops out and looks good on any skin tone.

on 9/10/2012 10:16:00 PM

This is a pretty nice nail polish for the price. It has a beautiful classic red color, and it goes on pretty opaquely. With just about 2 coats, you can get a great, opaque color out of it. After a while, it started clumping and it was hard to apply, but that was only because it was so old. If your on a budget and need a good red polish, then Wet 'n' Wild is the way to go! :)

on 8/16/2012 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Very retro :) Great product, as always.

First WNW polish I purchased and this nail polish is awesome. Love love love it! True candy red, one coat of polish is enough to coat nail evenly. Kind of shiny on its own too, but I recommend putting clear polish on top. Does not chip easily and also dries quickly enough. Really great polish for a dollar, makes me want to try other colors in this line.

Update: I do notice like others that it chips easily even with a top coat. I don't know what else to do, add more layers? but still decent for the cost.

Popular Polishes