Almay Bright Eyes Duo Eyeliner - Onyx & Pearl

3.4

on 12/3/2008 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I liked the concept of this liner, dark onyx with the pearly shimmer for the inner and outer corners of the eye. When I apply the pearl, my entire face brightens up instantly. I dont even need concealer with this. The only thing I dislike is how is smudges so easily and gets a little greasy. Other than that, its simple and easy to use.

on 9/24/2008 5:43:00 PM

I like the double liner concept. Both liners glide on very precisely. The Pearl end works great in inner corners for a wide-eyed look.

on 5/11/2006 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This was a pretty good eyeliner, does not really smudge a lot. I loved the two sided pencil although i do not like to wear the pearly one everyday. OK, nothing fantastic though

on 4/9/2006 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a gift set for Christmas from my best friend...thank god I did not pay for this. I love retractable eyeliner, but this stuff is just poor. The tip of the white liner broke off, and eventually so did the black. The white didn't show up at all. The black looked nice when you put it on, but faded after about an hour. I would not repurchase this.

on 8/19/2005 12:14:00 AM

I tan some, so I have a very medium skin tone, and usually have no problem making any shade of make up look well on my skin. This however, didn't even show up well. The Black Onyx half was okay, but the White Pearl did very little on my eyes. It was sorta hard to apply too, it wasn't very smooth at all, and so it kept breaking off! I'll definatly stick with a different brand of liner!

on 8/11/2005 1:20:00 PM

Great liner if use with good eye primer. Will smudges from upper lid to under eye over time.

on 5/21/2005 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a rather mediocre product. The pearl is nice and a great white eyeliner for highlighting, smearable for a soft, lit, pearl look, and buildable for an actual white line. My stick however, broke three times. The base first completely came off, then the tip twice. The Onyx side doesn't apply very pigmented... there's no tugging, but at a price. It smudges very well and like crazy. If you're going for a smokey eye, this would be great to smudge and then very very carefully set. The only thing I've found it good for is for the lower lash line. A pretty normal product, a little more on the expensive side for me (I'm spoiled by Avon mark. products).

on 3/24/2005 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible! I wanted this eyeliner because it had two colors available, and I typically like Almay products. I was very disappointed. The colors barely showed up on me (I have olive-toned skin), especially the pearl, and they did not last at all (less than an hour after applying). The pencils are not very easy to apply because the product is hard. I will stick to my BB gel eyeliner.

on 8/5/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The black one is nothing special since I have many favorite eyeliners, but the pearl part is unique. Usually I line my eyes with white or gold eye shadow to highlight the inner corners, but this is more convenient in pencil form. It also goes on smoothly and doesn't tug.

on 7/16/2004 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not the best product. I found the white to be a bit greyish and the consistency to be a bit waxy and it didn't have much staying power on my oily lids. Nothing special!

Top Rated Almay Products