Almay Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow - Champagne Shimmer

3.9

on 2/28/2008 4:44:00 AM

loved this! very nice color.

on 1/9/2007 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It creased on my eyelids and I personally think that color is more "chalky" than "champagne" in color. I did not like this product at all!

on 11/15/2006 10:06:00 PM

I got this one and pink glow at the dollar tree so I would guess there is a great chance that almay discontinued these. I wanted this any way due to all the rave reviews but sadly it just didn't works for me. I find this color too clumpy and difficult to apply, whereas my pink glow one seems to give a smooother finish, I dont know if I just got a bad tube or what. Unless I can play with it some more and get it to work I don't recoomend this because the quality stinks for this one and the color is rather ordinary, and I am sure every cosmetics line has the same color in one form or another for eyeshadows.

on 6/27/2006 12:44:00 PM

Is this stuff discontinued? I hope not, because I absolutely love it. It was one of those products that stayed stuffed in my makeup drawer for months and months but when I reused I LOVED IT! When I first used it I didn't like it, but now it's great. I smooth this over my eye lids and under my eyebrows for a subtle yet shiny glowy look. Since this is a light tan colored tint, it is good for a subtle shine on my white skin. hint: let this dry for about a minute and it will stay on all day! amazing! My eyeliner always comes off before this. Will definitely be shopping for similar cream eye shadows.

on 6/24/2006 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a light taupe to me. I wouldn't exactly call it a champagne. I like that this is very creamy and it doesn't dry too fast so you have time to play around with and smooth it out. The only thing I hate about this product that it tends to crease on me very badly. I use this as a lid color. I know some people use these cream shadows as washes but I think if I did it, my eye makeup would just look chunky. Anyway, I think this is fun to experiment with especially if you're having a lazy day and you don't want to get out your brushes and want to use your fingers, but I would never wear this in a situation where appearances really mattered. The packaging is a metal tube and isn't exactly the best especially if you're trying to get the last bit out. This product has been d/c and I bought it on clearance. If Almay bought this back, I would not repurchase for full-price.

on 4/24/2006 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted a no fuss,easy to apply e/s that would last on my oil lids. I decided to try this one in champagne shimmer. I have asian,yellow,medium,nc30-35 skin and this is a nice neutral,shimmery beige on me. It looks very natural and when applied it layers, the shimmer and colour becomes more opaque and intense. I love the fact that it's natural but highlights my eyes. To my surprise, it did last all day with no creasing and no fading. My e/l actually stayed put and that's rare on my oily lids. I would definitely buy again!

on 3/8/2006 11:32:00 PM

I use this as an eye makeup base and it works really well. It prevents powder shadow from creasing. The colour is a light shimmery beige. It barely shows up on me (MMM) but I do see some shimmer. The texture is a bit greasy and when I first put it on, I thought it would crease for sure, but it didn't (to my surprise). The foil tube that it comes it is not great and occasionally I will accidentally squirt out too much, but the product itself is great so I'm willing to overlook the packaging. Regularly like $6 CDN, but I got mine on sale for $3.74.

on 1/5/2006 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This color is a shimmery nude that I use mostly as an eyeshadow base. It can be used as an eye-brightening wash on my lids on a minimal-makeup day too. If you apply it too heavily, you'd probably look like a disco queen, but it just has a light shimmer if you take it easy with it. IMO it's similar to MAC's Paints in Stilife both in color (Stilife is maybe 1/2 a shade lighter) & staying power on my super-oily lids. Lasts 8 to 10 hours on me without creasing, & it's a fraction of the price of Paints. At my local drugstore it costs about $5.50, but often enough Almay is on sale or BOGOF. Great find!

on 1/3/2006 6:10:00 AM

ive been looking for another e/s base as ive almost run out of my l'oreal de-crease. i was hesitant to try this because i had a not-too-pleasant experience with MAC paints, but this works very well for me. champagne shimmer shows up as a very sheer nude color with shimmer on my eyelids, very subtle and clean-looking for when i want to wear it alone. when i layer powder eyeshadow over it, it keeps them from creasing; i dont know about cream shadows just yet. i hate the packaging as i much prefer cream eyeshadows in pots or plastic squeeze tubes, but so far i havent spilled or squeezed out too much. the price is a bit steep for a drugstore item, but i will keep buying this (and will probably try out different colors) because its so natural and pretty looking.

on 12/31/2005 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great, flattering shade on my Asian skin. It adds just a tiny bit of silky subtle shimmer and it does what it says-- brightens the appearance of the eyes. I have not had any problems with getting the right amount of shadow from the metal tube. Just press very slowly!

Top Rated Almay Products