September 19, 2014 | 1992 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Stray Dog Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by jbbendt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stray dog is the perfect neutral taupe color. For reference, I'm NC435-NC40, golden undertones. I'm always frustrated when trying to find the perfect taupe because most of them lean purple/mauve, or when they lean bronze they start looking pink-ish on my skin.

Stray dog is the perfect neutral. Emphasis on neutral. It leans brown on me. Although i've seen the swatches comparing this to MAC's satin taupe, mac's leans mauve. Stray dog for me is the perfect all over the lid color that I can wear on its own to work every day without my brown eyes looking devoid of life. It has a beautiful satin finish that's not overbearing or sparkly, making it perfectly suitable for every day wear against my skin (it would probably look a lot darker on someone lighter, or lighter on someone darker, etc). I like to apply this with a tarte brush that's natural hair and fluffy but not too fluffy.

I have tried to apply this with the brush that came with my urban decay naked palette and I don't like how stiff it is. it makes the eyeshadow look a lot more pigmented, which is great, but definitely too much for an office setting, so a wash of color is all I need.

I am definitely buying a few more to stock up on with this one. this sucker is pigmented as all get out and will last me a while, but I'm paranoid about things getting discontinued when I fall in love with them! (that seems to be my luck).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just purchased it this week, and WOW I am in love! It is so buttery and creamy and blends like a dream. Although it has already been stated in many other reviews... this is what I wanted satin taupe to be. I usually prefer MAC eyeshadows to UD because I think there is just waaaaaay too much glitter and shimmer in UD e/s but this one is just perfect. This is the perfect everyday eyeshadow and it can be dressed up for night time. I used this on the lid, kid in the crease and transition, vanilla to highlight, and carbon in outer v... looked AMAZING! Would totally recommend this to anyone of any skin or eye color.

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I don't know why I keep buying Urban decay when the products aren't great. This color is gorgeous!! Fell in love with the smoothness of it. But, yes big but, the eyeshadow was fading within 2 hours of wear. In an average day I have to reapply this shadow twice. For $18 each you shouldn't have to put a primer on to make these last. And because everyone is comparing this to Satin Taupe, just know Mac is cheaper and it last all day (no primer).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Stray Dog is a gorgeous shimmery taupe that has the slightest mauve undertone but the white-gold shimmer helps balance the coolness. In comparison to MAC's Satin Taupe, this is more shimmery, less mauve, and is much buttery and pigmented in comparison. Depends on the look you're going for, but I prefer Stray Dog as it brightens up my eyes better, and just looks more polished. If you're looking for a very basic taupe that you're looking to use for day and night, Stray Dog is yours. I think it would suit all skintones alike.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by littlenan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow! It's weimeraner color, stays on all day, and doesn't flake or disappear. Looks great with brown eyes and fair skin- really brings out your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Another lovely Urban Decay color it is a taupe with subtle mauve undertones light shimmer (lesser than even smog by UD), extreamly wearable by most skintones, versatile for day or night. Great for work, an evening out, party, dinner...... Unlike Satin Taupe this doesnot have any red undertones having said that I like both the colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so cool tone and the silver definitely stands out on my NC40-42 skin. It doesn't look as good on the eyes as it does on my hand. I didn't expect it to look so grey/silver. It's not flattering at all but if I try to warm it up with some brown in the outer corners, it's not as bad. I normally like Urban Decay eyeshadows but this one seems a bit less pigmented than normal too..texture is nice though. I can't compare it to Satin Taupe as I've never tried it but I wouldn't rebuy this. Caution if you are around my shade and warm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this shadow. I have very fair, neutral/yellowish-toned skin with blue eyes and honey blond hair. I usually wear neutral shadows, and this one is my absolute favorite. I was using MAC Satin Taupe for the longest time, which I loved, but sometimes it made me look sick or like I had a black eye because of the mauve tones in it. Then I found out about Stray Dog, and people said that it was similar to Satin Taupe but with less of the mauve thing going on, so I decided to try it. Alas, it does look a lot better on me than ST! I love this shadow because it compliments my blue eyes, isn't too light or too dark so it works for everyday or can be worked into a smokey eye, it has fantastic pigment and staying power (I use UD Primer Potion), little to no fallout.... everything about it is just perfect. I've had a few people compliment me on it! I would definitely repurchase when I run out. I use this almost every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: dark taupe, with shimmery brown and slight pink hues. A total dupe of Mac's "Satin Taupe" (which I already own) so I returned UD's "Stray Dog" because I don't need two of the same colour. I honestly thought UD's shade looked different when I was at Sephora, but when I got home and swatched both side-by-side, they were almost identical.

Like all the other UD shadows, the quality and colour are amazing. These guys know how to make superior eyeshadows. Smooth, easy to apply and no fallout.

Packaging is "okay", but a little bulky. I normally depot my UD shadows and throw magnets on the back of them so they can sit in my MAC palettes. Message me if you'd like to know how to do it. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Stray Dog is a very nice taupe shade that is really actually like MAC's Satin Taupe. I actually like Stray Dog better since it's much more creamier and tends to blend better. This shade came in the Feminine palette with five other eye shadows.