October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Powders - Youngblood - Mineral Rice Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lisalynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love this stuff!!! Bought it on a whim in the light shade, and on me (NC20) it is translucent, but it leaves me with perfectly matte and flawless looking skin which lasts for hours!

I have a very oily T-section, but this powder absorbs everything and normally only needs a touch up in the late afternoon, but I've recently discovered blotting papers so that is no longer an issue! lol.

I've tried using MUFE HD, Bare Minerals and a host of others, but they all look powdery, have really bad oil control and end up rubbing off on everything. YOUNGBLOOD stays put - which for a powder is frigging awesome!!!

This is now my HG product and the only reason I've taken a lippie off is because it is so expensive. But i will be repurchasing as it is SO GOOD!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It keeps all my makeup in place all day. That's sometimes 10-12 hrs with no touch ups! I use medium but it goes on pretty translucent if you don't use too much and it doesn't look cakey over makeup. I use it over my foundation and concealer and that's generally all I wear with some mascara.
The packaging is a bit annoying to use so I give it a bit of a shake with the lid on and that generally gets enough powder out. I find this so much easier than trying to tip out some onto the lid because you have to shake it quite hard then it ends up everywhere.
It is pretty pricey but it lasts a really long time so overall, it is worth the splurge.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by EmmyJeanGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own this in the shade 'Light' and it goes on translucent. It works really well without drying out my skin. I have a combination skin type so I love that it sets my foundation and reduces shine without exacerbating any dry spots. I tried using the MUFE HD setting powder, but it dried me out and I've heard it leaves a white cast in photography. This jar will probably last me the rest of this year. I have not had any breakouts or allergic reactions to this product. I won't be repurchasing just because there are so many indie brands that make great setting powders for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by kbhunny86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word .... LOVE!
I use this above my moisturizer and again above my foundation and I have noticed a huge difference.

It is kind of expensive, but my sample size has lasted me almost 9 months with a ton left ... so in other words it is worth it in my opinion.

The packaging can be annoying, since it goes everywhere if you are not careful, but that's besides the point.
I love the way this soaks up the oil on my face! Great for touch ups.

It comes in a light medium & dark. I am a medium. I have noticed that this powder is almost translucent though, so it absorbs well into the skin.

Would recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder - rice powder seems to be the only thing that really sets and absorbs oil for me. I've used it under and over the Youngblood mineral foundation and over other liquid foundations. Love it. The light pretty much has no color so I think anyone could use it and the medium matched my fair skin well - although that doesn't have much color either so I think it would work on a wide range of faces --- it's not really about giving coverage anyway , like I said it's setting and oil control. It also comes in pressed which is nice for in your purse and for touching up throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by supenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG!! I have used so many products in the past and nothing has ever come close to this. I use this as a primer under my YSL Teint Resist foundation and it makes my not so smooth skin look so smooth. Strange thing, after I washed my face, it still looked smooth after the first use. I think this line actually helps your skin. I wanted to try this because it does not contain talc and it is hard to find products that do not have talc. I am oily and live in humid climate, awesome at oil control. Want to try more products by YB. It's a miracle product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I gave this a 5 because it's the best Oil control powder I've found. I am looking to try the urban decay one but the ingredients in urban decay aren't as appealing.
When I use this underneath my Youngblood loose mineral powder foundation it controls oil just that little but more. I am very oily so I am always looking st ways to prolong a fresh and matte face.
The texture is powdery, not at light and fluffy as mute hd powder. You can get it in three 'shades' and I purchased dark which is just a yellow tones powder. It doesn't put any color on; I wear this sometimes with just moisturizer and it looks so natural and keeps oil away again.
The packaging is silly, a container with a scre top and the horrible sifters with holes we all hate. I swirl a big powder brush in it lightly then swirl it in the lid to evenly distribute onto the brush then apply before my foundation. Don't forget to tap!
Its expensive (forgot how much but I remember I cringed), but I'll fork out the dollars to pay for this as it does help improve your skin and is very gentle and fragrance free :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by sillysue

absolutely love this product. it makes my natural mineral foundation look THAT much better and it helps control oil in my skin. when i don't use the rice powder, i feel as if i have to wash my face before noon.... when i use my rice powder, i don't feel like i have to wash my face until i get home from work!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by rajah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About me.. I have combination acne prone skin.
I find All youngblood products excellent. I have been definitely seen improvement in my skin since using Youngblood Mineral Makeup, I have used all the top brands such as Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clarins, Clinique... in the past and whilst I did like the finish I prefer this. For 2 reasons, it doesn't clog your pores so your skin improves and you will definitely see improvement! And 2 you don't get make up foundation lines from not blending properly and you still get excellent coverage, Seriously persevere with it, because at first I didn't feel it provided enough coverage but when my skin improved I didn't need as heavy coverage as I had before. Of course its not a miracle but its one of the things that helps. I highly recommend trying this out to any more trying to improve their skin. One thing about this product that requires improvement is the fact it has too many holes and too much of the powder constantly falls out so the packaging could be improved upon!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by themanynamed

This used to be a HG product for me. It set my makeup like nothing else and did fantastic oil control even in hot and humid weather. When Youngblood reformulated its products I was worried but I had enough of the old stuff to last for a while. I recently (and reluctantly) repurchased without testing and found that the new formulation irritated my skin. I have very sensitive skin and the additional ingredients caused problems. I really don't understand why YB decided to include ingredients that often cause problems on sensitive skin, when many people specifically switch to mineral makeup to avoid them. I also found it didn't do as good a job at oil control and the powder didn't give as nice a finish. The new stuff is also a lot more sparkly than the old formulation. Sadly, I won't be buying again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No