September 1, 2014 | 1616 users online

Scrubs - La Mer - The Refining Facial

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. I ran out of a scrub, so my mom let me use this.
I use this weekly after I come out of the sauna. First I cleanse with my biotherm pure fect cleanser, then I use this.
I apply it to my skin while it is slightly damp. I then massage it into my skin gently in circular motion for about a minute. Then I leave it on for 5 minutes, and then I wash it off and continue with my skin regimen (ie toning and moisturizing).
This. Is. Amazing. It doesn't make my skin any more oily, and it has helped with my breakouts. My pores look smaller. My skin looks so healthy and radiant. I've been wearing less makeup. This is fantastic. You don't need too much, and even though it's expensive, i lasts sooo long. I took a lippie off for the price, but I guess that's the price you have to pay for perfect skin. :) Yes, I'd buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mtvsux

This product was reformulated a couple of years ago to have fewer sparkly bits in it, and whatever is now in there rinses away, whereas before they stayed around no matter how much you rinsed. The other change is that it doesn't leave the skin white like the old one did, some people liked that, not me, so i win on both accounts. : ). I love this scrub, it is not harsh at all but it has plenty of exfoliants, it is also in a clay base which is perfect for my combo skin. Unlike the amazing amazing amazing Awake brand Clay Wash that is an exfoliator also in a clay base, this one can be difficult to use on very wet skin, the less water you have on your skin when you apply it the better. I don't use it nearly every night, maybe 2-3x max, sometimes just once a week, so even though it's expensive it lasts quite a while. 4.5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a very generous sample after I've bought classic creme. I have very fair normal skin, and usually I don't exfoliate 'cause all the scrubs I tried were too harsh for me and made me feel uncomfortable. This leaves my skin even and baby soft and smells like pure sweet mint. Will buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

After purchasing a few other items from the La Mer, the sales associate made me a small sample of the Refining Facial. I've been using Chanel's Perfection Luminiere foundation which is less forgiving than my other foundations and unless my skin is perfectly hydrated and smooth it will show every bump. In comes La Mer's Refining Facial to save the day.

I apply a pea size amount to a damp face and massaging the clay based scrub into my skin in circular motions. After 2 minutes I rinse, pat dry and moisturize with La Mer cream. Even days after using the scrub my skin feels AMAZINGLY soft! I use clarisonic daily, but never before refining facial has my skin felt so soft.

I will definitely purchase the scrub once my sample runs out. Hopefully it lines up with a good GWP so I can get some perks for spending the $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Itapinkpony

My mom is a big fan of the creme so i got this for my super sensitive skin, it is very light so i was wondering if it would work, the first time i used it i saw absolutely no difference, only a white film on my face, but after reading some reviews i decided to give it a try in a different way, now i use it once a week after shower, i massage my face and get dressed while it dries, after that i rinse it and i go to bed, at morning most of the the white film is gong and my skin is baby soft, i ilove this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Csarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well, I finally forked out the 99Euro for this scrub, as I had tried it at the CDLM counter and loved the feel of it on my hand. The SA gave me two good sized samples of the Eye Balm Intense, and the Moisturising Lotion, as well. The scrub is to die for. I have used it three times now and my skin is like a baby's bum. My husband has commented on it. He used it last night and was raving about the softness of his skin this morning. Well, the proof of the pudding.... I would really recommend it, if you have some money to spare. The eye balm sample I got is lovely as well, but it is too expensive, I think, to justify it. The moisturising lotion is so far so good, and used with the scrub, I think one would stay young forever. If only.....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff takes all make up traces before applying the routine skin care. It good but not economic as the price tag its over the top but i will buy it again cause its a good product and doesnt give skin a drying sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive skin so I mix the refining facial with La Mer cleansing lotion so it's not to harsh on my skin. It works great for me, and I don't mind about the price because it will last me ages. I only use this once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by askreverie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Been using this for more than a yr on my combination, periodically sensitive and stressed skin, and it's pure magic. Even my bf uses this occasionally and he really likes it too. A definite re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

This is the best exfoliating product I've found. I suppose I'd have to call it an HG product, though I hate spending $75 for a scrub. (I'm on my second tube, however, and the first lasted me over ten months with weekly use.) I absolutely love what The Refining Facial does for my skin--it gently but thoroughly exfoliates and leaves my skin super soft and it actually seem to quell breakouts. It's strange because while scrubbing, it doesn't feel abrasive at all, but it's much more effective that even harsh scrubs. I use is at least once a week and vigorously scrub my face and neck, and then leave it on until it dries like a mask. I have had no problems with a white film being left on my skin as some users have reported, but I imagine that if you used a damp washcloth to remove it, you'd have no problem with that. I tried switching to a few other products after my first tube ran out, but nothing compares to this. Will continue to repurchase.