August 20, 2014 | 1968 users online

Loose Powders - Prescriptives - All Skins Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this like a zillion years ago because it was what my mom wore. Back then I never wore any makeup except eye and lip stuff bc I had great skin. Once my adult post-bc acne started, I began experimenting with makeup and used this in level 5 to blend over concealer. I'd forgotten it about since moving on to more full coverage.

Just tried it as a setting powder and fell in love all over again. I like this better than my Iman mineral powder bc it's weightless, more translucent, stops transfer, and looks the most natural - even hours into wearing. It really makes my makeup look like skin, especially in this summer heat. (t-zone can get a little oily, but not bad.) I'd even wear it for a 'no-makeup' day with just concealer.
The packaging isn't so great, The loose powder spills into the ridges of the screw cap and cakes onto the puff. I'm always spilling powder and that sad puff doesn't work at all. I just tap a little into the cap and apply with a sculpted brush.
Sad to see it's been discontinued - although the all skin mineral powder may be a good substitute to try. Considering how much I still have left, it'll take years before I need to repurchase, but def worth e-baying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by peanut32

So sad to see you go Prescriptives!! This was my favorite powder of all time, and I have used every makeup line under the sun. I will miss you All Skins Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Pokababy

I used to buy Chantecaille loose powder. But its cost rises from $58 to $60, so I start to try other brands.

All Skins Powder and Chantecaille are really alike: texture, lightness, and the (odd) smell. I never expect loose powder to stay on my face forever; I'm fine with the fact they both fade out after few hours.

The package of All Skinpowder is barely accetable. The powder puff and the plastic cap are much worse than Chantecalle.

However, considering its price and loose powder quality, I'll still give it 5 stars!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Liquid powder...

This stuff is soo nice...it has water in it....dont ask me how...but it does...

its so cooling when you apply it and it leaves a nice glow!!

i really like it....i left a decent amount left in my swap if someone wants to try it !...

the cooling is slight, and the glow is perfect

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good, although not fantastic, loose powder. Whether or not to buy it is sort of a moot point, but if you can find it online, it's worth a try for several reasons:

--It comes in several colors. For me, this is beneficial because I am fair, and it doesn't turn yellowish or pink on me. Level 1 is perfect. For those of you out there with darker skin, I know "transluscent" often still means "chalky" so this is great for you, too.

--It really does help control shine. I tend to get pretty "glowy" by the end of the day, and this decreases that significantly without looking chalky. Big plus!

--Gives an "airbrushed" look to the skin.

All that being said, it still isn't the best powder out there. I have tried others that are more finely milled and silkier in DS brands (L'Oreal is one). Therefore, I recommend this for the color range, shine control and finish, but for texture, you may want to look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with another reviewer, I think that this product formula must have changed. It used to have more of a natural glow to it. But now, it is more like drugstore loose powders. Maybe my skin has changed?? Well, either way, this powder does not look nearly as good on me now. It does help keep my oily/comb skin from looking like a slick though. Nice packaging. Lasts fairly long. Pricey! I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lovely08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Is it just me or did this change? This is basically the only powder (or any type of foundation) I can put on my entire face because it matched my skintone perfectly while giving me a glow. I repurchased recently and now my skin just looks dull and washed out when i have it on. I would give my last container a 5 but the one i'm using now gets a 3. I'm so bummed about this....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All Skins loose powder is a great setting powder. For less than $30 you get 0.8 oz of product. Other makeup brands are selling 0.3 oz for that amount!

I put brush it on in the morning and it keeps my makeup in place all day. My friends say that I look airbrushed.

I will repurchase when I run out, but I don't see that happening for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LizM9

Definitely my HG powder! I have never used a loose powder before that provides such complete coverage - I can skip foundation! It doesn't last ALL 9 hours at work, but I still look good when I get home. This plus the Camoflage concealor = good skin day!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by sanaorelo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was pleased by the reviews so i purchased it a few days ago. I have a really oily t sone and the SA told me that it would control oil. literaly my face was oily within less than 30 min. i could see little oil dots on top of my nose. the packaging is extremely messy. powder gets everywhere. impposible to carry in your purse. its just pretty bad all around.
but at least it didnt break me out.