September 2, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Lip Glide Sheer colors

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MiriamRSmith92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present from my sister in the colour sheerly mauve (060), and as I dont usually use any lip colour I thought I would try it to branch out a little, I really liked the packaging and the way it 'glides' on, I also liked how it had a little glitter but not too much, however it really smells quite bad and the taste isnt great, it also clumps a bit on my lips even when I have put lip balm underneath. For Revlon I was quite dissapointed with this product, as other products of theirs are quite good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by lola108

I recently bought the LipGlide Sheer in Sheerly Blossom, which is a nice pink color. The product does exactly what it was advertised to do. It "glides" on, and the color is sheer. I love that it's not too sparkly like some other lipglosses. The color is very subtle and natural. My problem was mostly with the packaging. I always ended up twisting it too much, so too much product came out, which is why I only rated it a 3. This gloss isn't really anything special to me, but it's great if you just want a natural, glossy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mercurygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just picked up two of these sheer glosses on clearance -- for 99 cents apiece, how could I resist?

I chose Sheerly Raspberry and Sheerly Cherry, and after trying both on, I'm pretty happy with them. Both shades flatter my very cool coloring, and the Raspberry actually looks pretty natural, kind of a MLBG (my lips but glossier) look. I thought I might like Sheerly Blossom too, but when I tried the tester on my wrist it was so lightly pigmented it had no color at all.

I understand why some reviewers have complained about the scent of these; it's an aggressively artificial fruity smell. It reminds me of the smell of the cheap lip glosses I wore as a teenager, which may be why I don't mind it -- lip color and nostalgia in a tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by rabbitvn

I was given one in 09 sheerly orchid and I have been using it ever since. It is a combination between lip gloss and lipstick. Not as dull as lipstick and not as shiny as lip gloss. The color is natural and sheer. The only thing I don't like is the color fades quickly. Still, I don't mind buying some more as the price is so "easy-going".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 4:54:00 AM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am totally loving sheer lip colors right now, and Lip Glide Sheer Raspberry was one of the first sheer lip colors I got. Yet, I continously come back to it. I love the color and how it looks on my lips. I have porcelin pale skin, and this gives my lips a juciy raspberry color without looking like some dark 1980's lip color. The one downside, though, that this is really more of a gloss, and, as such, it wears off quite easily. As great as this looks on me, though, I can deal with that!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by tattoogirl8374

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the Revlon LipGlide in Sheerly Raspberry, and I love it! I have pale skin and even my lips look like they're barely there without some color on them, and this color actually looks quite natural when I put it on. Not that obvious "check out my lipcolor" look like some glosses and lipsticks. I do wish it would last longer through the day though, and its a bit more than I'd like to spend for a lipgloss, but one tube lasts about 4 months and I'm absolutely in love with the way it looks on me so I'm willing to sacrifice a few extra dollars

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

LOVE this. I have it in Burgundy, and it is my current fave gloss. On my lips it just looks great, MLBB. It is not sticky at all, and lasts pretty long, for a gloss. It is sheer but not TOO sheer, almost has a sort of liquid lipstick quality to it. I like the click up applicator and the sponge tip. Easy to apply. Doesn't have any obvious odor to me, and although it has a slight 'lipsticky' taste, it is not bad at all. Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 8:38:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up 'sheerly strawberry' in a discount shop for 2 (instead of 7) and it was an amazing lipgloss. It's a really pretty pink and made me look so fresh and awake in the mornings. I hate it when lipgloss looks really colourful in the tube and then goes on really sheer but this one was perfect. I didn't experience any problems with bleeding however I've just bought 'ruby slippers' which goes all over the place (it's not part of their sheer range and you'd definitely need a liner with that one). It also has great staying power and I didn't need to touch up too often. My only complaint is that you don't get that much product considering the price. I'm definitely getting sheerly strawberry again, I loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sgidaho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip gloss. I stick with the colors on the more nude end of the spectrum, like cocoa sheer. It lasts for a long time unless you eat or drink something, but then what lipstick or gloss can claim different. Other lipsticks that have staying power through eating and drinking would crack my lips after drying them out like the sahara sand. I don't mind reapplying since it is so easy and mess free. I don't even need a mirror. The sponge tip stays true to the shape of your lip and where you put it. Lipliner is still a must even with a gloss to prevent bleed. Fragrance comments on here: I personally don't notice much of a smell. I feel lipsticks have more putrid stinky perfume smell than these and I can't wear them due to my sensitivity to their smell. Smell is actually the first thing I check for when sizing up a color or new lipstick. I find these to be fragrance free. As far as taste, what lipstick or gloss doesn't taste weird unless you get it flavored or something. It's all chemicals to me and not much flavor on these. Again Lipsticks I think taste terrible along with their pungent smell. Sometimes these are so bad, they give me an instant headache.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by saharabara2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the colors, but the product doesn't last very long and after wearing it for a while...it builds around the mouth a bit...it's hard too explain...I guess it's cuz it's too sticky and thick.