July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Banishing Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by mjc17601

Great product. I think it works and is effective. I find it works fast and helps to even out my skin tone you need to use sunscreen for this product to work effectively. It is cheap enough to try and I have tried some very expensive skincare products

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this back in 2003, so I'm not sure if the ingredients have changed. When I used this, it had 2% hydroquinone in it, and after continual use of 3 months, I did notice a significant lightening effect in my freckles (which I've had all my life). However, I didn't use sunscreen often enough after that, and of course my freckles have come back.

While this did work for me back in the day, I'm trying other products because I found this one was sticky and greasy. The packaging also isn't the best (jar; opens product up to air oxidation) and I can only get this online or through an Avon rep. I do appreciate that it's an inexpensive product to try though!

Note to everyone that is expecting miracles from this product: If it still contains Hydroquinone, remember that it needs to be used for only 3 months at a time, and then discontinued for at least 3 months before resuming again. If you keep using it long term, it can have dangerous effects on your liver. Also, not recommended for people who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.

ALSO: the lightening effects will be gradual. If you've had pigmentation for years, it will definitely take at least 1 3-month course to lighten them at all. It will work best on recent hyperpigmentation. But, if you use the product continuously and properly you should be able to get decent results. It's also important to wear a good quality sunscreen pretty much all the time when you're using this and after you've achieved your results because if you don't the pigmentation will just come back

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I tried this cream for a couple of weeks and did not notice any banishment...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading of another member's success with this cream I went ahead and gave it a try. I may be in the minority, but I like the smell. It's a sort of old fashioned, a bit overdone, but pleasant in a nostalgic way. It is dirt cheap and can often be purchased for next to nothing with the specials on the Avon website.
I have some red marks left over from a horrific cyst like breakout. My biggest worry was that it would break me out. No problem there.
The rather unexpected benefit is that it really works. You get a ton of this in the jar so you can really slather it on. I apply 2x/day. I apply a good sized amount and lightly tap it several times where needed. I really have noticed a difference. I am using this in conjunction with sunscreen with excellent results.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by shnymrsh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all of the negative reviews. This stuff has worked miracles on my acne scars. The smell is a little off-putting (smells a bit like roses to me) but I can live with it as long as it keeps working. The discolorations left by cystic acne usually last for months, but this has cleared up old discolorations in just a few weeks, and the new ones aren't leaving much of a mark at all. I will definitely re-purchase, but it will be a while because this jar is going to last forever since I only use it on the spots that I need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ARiggs

Makes for a good cream but not BANISHING cream. I put it on my chest and I broke out so now I just use it for my arms as a moisturizer. I knew going it to it the price was too good to be true.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by selmf

I used this for several months at night on my arms to fade dark spots, and it didn't really banish anything. Half way through the jar it turned dark brown, and stained my sheets so I stopped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

I was really surprized by this very inexpensive product. It's active ingredient starts with an "H", and it's the only FDA approved ingredient recommended for lightening age spots. For $8.00...and most of the time on sale cheaper than that. I have some freckles on my chest, and in 8 weeks, this stuff has really lightened them. What a bargain. Similar products cost over 50 bucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by FieryTresses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just heard on the news that prolonged use of products containing HYDROQUINONE have been linked to cancer and liver damage. This product contains HYDROQUINONE so don't buy it. I am lucky that I don't have any in stock. I don't use skin lighteners even though I have freckles.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2004 1:44:00 PM More reviews by katm11

I've been using this product for a few months and don't see any difference in dark spots and freckles. I wouldnt buy it again.