TRESemme Vitamin A, C and E Natural Shampoo

2.8

on 8/15/2010 8:42:00 PM

I bought this shampoo after my staple AG tech one daily shampoo went up $6 in price. My hair is quite long and curly (down past my hips), and I like to wash everyday, so I wanted something that wouldn't be stripping and I also didn't want something that would build up on my hair. This shampoo does exactly that.

It's lightly scented although I don't know how to describe what it smells of. Nothing really natural, but it doesn't smell bad. I still prefer the smell of the AG tech one though. It also lathers up well, although it has nothing to do with cleaning ability, it's just a nice sensation.

Overall, I bought this shampoo to clean my hair and it does! I think it's a good value especially since it comes in large bottles. The only downside to the large bottles is that it doesn't come with a pump, but you can just buy a pump bottle and transfer the shampoo over.

on 5/14/2010 3:33:00 PM

Really hydrating great for winter time bad thing is that is has a lot of sulfate which strips the hair of its natural moisture and hydrates with the other ingredients.It keeps all the frizz down and makes my hair really shiny.It says lower sulfate but really it still has a lot.

on 3/30/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used this shampoo once at a friend's house and really liked it, so I went out a bought one of those huge bottles to replace my more expensive Biolage shampoo and save some money. Mistake! This stuff made my roots greasy and my ends rough and dry. Not cool! Back to Biolage Normalizing Shampoo which has never let me down, even if it does cost a little more.

on 3/17/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Alright, I'm a bit ambivalent about this shampoo, and here's why. I had been using Pantene Pro V and I was tired of the disgusting build up it left in my hair, so I decided to try something new. Being that this shampoo was only $3, I wasn't really expecting much. And I was right.
Though it dried out my hair like nothing else, I mostly kept using it because I liked the smell. However, after about two weeks, my boyfriend commented on how dry and stringy my hair had become. I eventually had to switch back to Pantene because that was all I had. I commented on the build up in my hair, despite not using any conditioner, to my hair stylist. She suggested that I pair it with something that's drying just to even it out. So I gave it a try with the Tresemme. Although I switched from Pantene to a better shampoo, I still use the Tresemme as a clarifying shampoo maybe once every one or two weeks. Now, I'm not saying I use the Tresemme clarifying shampoo: I'm saying that I use THIS shampoo as to clarify my hair. That is how much it sucks away from your hair. And it works damn well as a clarifying shampoo as well. So for this reason, I will buy this product again. Not for its original intended purposes, but because I've managed to make it work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair = naturally curly but I blow out 3 times a week and use a flat iron often. Its not dyed or over damaged. I use Giovanni conditioner (direct leave in). No styling products.
I thought this shampoo was pretty great. Usually I use organic stuff (Alba, Avalon, and Giovanni) but that was getting too expensive for me. I needed a shampoo that wouldn't make make my very sensitive scalp itch or make me breakout around my hairline. Well, this one did the trick! Its not a magic shampoo or anything, if you have fried hair it will not bring it back from the dead. But if you just need to get clean hair without all that other wildness (-cones and what-not) mixed in then I would definately recommend this shampoo.

on 5/27/2009 4:24:00 PM

i hate this!!!... i think clear shampoos is not for me except for aussie... this made my hair flat and the worst thing was it gave me flakes... like the name of the product but the ingredients are very irritating, not natural at all!!!! i'll give this -5. all the shampoos and conditioners of tresemme are all bad for me, but some of their styling products are great...

on 4/29/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I started using this shampoo and conditioner pair about a week ago and I was sure I was going to come on here and see a bunch of really positive reviews for them. I'm surprised at all the negative reviews, but I guess everyone's hair is different. They make my hair so soft. I'm finding they're working even better with my coloured (naturally dark/dirty blonde but dyed black) hair than their Colour Revitalize shampoo and conditioner pair. My hair has felt especially soft and silky yet airy since I started using the Natural pair. I like them.

on 9/12/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

At first, I thought WOW this feels good. But I have just realized that, after having used this product for the last month or so, maybe it is the cause of my hair issues. I have oily hair and have to wash daily. I started noticing that I couldn't run my fingers through my hair in the shower when shampooing. The ends of my hair felt coarse and dry and they never felt soft no matter how much conditioner I put in. And my hair has been LOOKING that way too! Stringy, dry, frizzy, less manageable. I have also been losing a TON of hair over the last month, and now I'm starting to wonder if this product has caused excess breakage or is causing my hair to fall out. I just went back to Pantene, which I had used for years. Huge difference already, after one shower. I would NOT recommend this product

EDIT: After only a few days not using this product, my hair is no longer falling out in clumps. So I CAN attribute my hare breakage/loss to this shampoo. BAD NEWS!

Got this in travel size, because i love testing products for my hair! literally so much fun. i got these because those tresemme bottles are HUGE and my mom would hate me if i bought one of those. instead i'm pretty happy with it. it makes my hair a little greasy after washing with head&shoulders dry scalp care but it helps.

on 1/12/2008 11:56:00 PM