November 21, 2014 | 1773 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Capture R60/80 Extra Vital Restoring Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Every time i applied this, my deep forehead creases softened significantly; however, after washing/showering, the effects were gone. It was like a super-primer and tightener but not a treatment or true serum.

I also couldn't apply sunscreen over it. If I touched my face at all, it balled up and rolled off in pieces.

water, glycerin, butylene glycol, methyl gluceth-20, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, lecithin, phosphatidylcholine, sodium tocopheryl phosphate, sorbitol, saccharide isomerate, tetrasodium edta, sodium hydroxide, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, algin, parfum (fragrance), malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, polyvinyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, ruscus aculeatus root extract, potentilla erecta root extract, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, cellulose gum, polysorbate 20, ascorbic acid, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, linalool, limonene, butylphenyl methylpropional, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, tocopherol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, ci 14700 (red 4), bht. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

I tried this after reading all the rave reviews and unfortunately I found that it did very little for my skin. I'm 31 with healthy skin that's in good shape generally and I noticed no difference after 3-4 weeks of use. It's a fairly expensive product, so I was bummed. I did wind up switching over to Mario Badescu's Vitamin C Serum which I love - I noticed a definite improvement in texture and tone, even after my first use. It's also cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Cuci

This is one of the best products I ever used. But you need to give it a try for at least 1-2 weeks to see a difference. Personally, after 2 weeks of using it twice a day I had flawless skin. I didn't use anything else.
My skin has never been perfect. I have pigmentation, my skin is quite rough and prone to breakouts, so I have very few acne scars, but overall the skin texture seems uneven. But while I were using this serum, I could hardly find those flaws. I was really impressed with the quality of my skin: it looked polished and restful. It was a skin of a healthy person with just a right amount of glow and that velvet finish that you can never reproduce by any make-up product. Expensive but very good.
As for me, I buy it now when my skin doesn't feel good and I need a guaranteed result.
(This was a review for the Capture R60/80 Extra Vital Restoring Serum NOT XR60/80 Extra Vital Restoring Serum (I didn't like the latter that much but I used a tester).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very bad eczema when I am not eating well, and usually have found only steroid cream heals it properly. However, have had almost miraculous results with this serum the instant I put it on. Still in shock as to how good it is for sensitive eczema-prone skin like mine! My Mum is having the same reaction too..... (!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very light, non greasy gel-serum. It brightened my face in minutes and after a few days of use it evened out my skin tone and almost faded my unsighty acne scars (I think it has vit.C in it). But then I run out of samples and my skin returned to previous state, so as far as I can tell, this serum delivers only superfical results and does nothing to restore skin. This far it is the best Dior skin care product that I've used, but I still don't want to buy full size, most Sisley products deliver better and more lasting results than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading all of the wonderful commentary on this product, I had to buy it. I got the last one at Nordstroms, since it is being replaced with a newer and better version. Well, so far so good. I used it yesterday and today and my skin looks moisturized and smooth. Hopefully this will last. I was using Cosmedicine Mega Dose, but what horrible reviews it got. I will update in a month. Price did not bother me, you wear your face everyday, so if you prorate it out, this product is relatively inexpensive.
3-2-2008 UPDATE: Still am loving this serum, but of course they are updating it and from what I can see it is better than this stuff, skin looks soft, glowing and not oily. I returned all the Cosmedicine, never to but it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by decofairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best skincare product I have tried all year. For those of you that love chantecaille's biodynamic lifting oil free fluid, this is basically the same thing at 30% the price of chantecaille. For $82 you get a nice size and you really only need one pump for entire face and neck. The bottle is opaque shimmery purple glass so everything is stable and free from harm of light and air. While I am normally oily and acne prone, this has cleared that problem up. It firms the skin and really does remove wrinkles, it also brightens very dramatically. So let's talk about why it works. Well it has algaes and plant extracts, as well as ascorbic acid, argireline and the same peptide in olay. So overall for 1.7 ounces it is quite worth the price tag because it really does work. The thing that is also great is that it sinks in immediately and leaves your skin ready for any other cream or treatment almost immediately. Get thee to a dior counter now, you must have this serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:46:00 AM More reviews by laruca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very very good...no need to add another long review to the existing ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

Received Dior Capture R60/80 Extra Vital Restoring Serum as a GWP. I ran out of my Clinique Repairwear Extra Help Serum (now dc-ed) and decided to try this on a whim. The frgrance is very strong, but pleasant. The texture is slimy, but it really sinks in. A few drops of this serum really every other night made my dry, dull skin look brighter and more supple. Too bad it's $$$!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this review is going to be a bit out of the ordinary, but I just HAD to write it for you all. One day, my husband and I were walking through the mall, and we were near the new Sephora store. He said, "I wonder if they have Dior Skincare in Sephora, because if they do, I bet it will help my face."

I stared with disbelief. My husband had been working 6 days a week and he looked very old and haggard that night. I was shocked that he suggested going into Sephora, and that he even thought about skincare!

So, I grabbed him and yanked him into the store before he could reconsider his statement . After he had doused himself with the new Dior Homme fragrance (which is divine, by the way) I began to slather this serum and matching cream all over his face. You see, Dior left our area years ago and I had no idea what any of their products were supposed to do.

A sales clerk came up to us to find out what fragrance my husband was wearing (the women in the store were all asking) and while we chatted, suddenly we looked at my husband and our eyes popped wide open. His face looked completely different. I am not exaggerating. He looked like he lost about 20 years in under 5 minutes!!!

Finally the change was so extreme that I stopped talking completely and just stared with my mouth open. When he looked in the mirror he was shocked too. The change lasted all night and I could not believe it. It was miraculous.

Okay, so after using it for a week (we eventually got samples to try), his face was amazingly younger. However, a fellow makeup artist had said that Dior worked for my husband but it never really had dramatic effects on other people. That got me wondering if he really WAS the only one.

I am a experimenter in everything, so I began to search for another person to try this on. It happened recently when I was in Sephora. A 78 year old woman and her daughter were talking to me and after discovering that I was a makeup artist, she asked me what the best products that I liked were. I started to talk makeup when suddenly I jumped in the air and said she HAD to try this stuff.

I related my story to her about my husband and she grabbed my hand and ran like crazy around the store to find this stuff. When her daughter put it on her, we chatted for a moment, and lo and behold- HER FACE MORPHED JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND'S DID!!! She literally looked about 62. And that is just after ONE USE!

What the combination was that we used on the face was the Capture XR60/80 Extra-Vital Restoring Serum, followed by the Capture R60/80 Wrinkle cream in the light formulation. We also used the Capture Totale on the eyes, but I did not see a huge difference in the eyes- only on the face. The eyes were better a bit, but not so dramatic.

So, we are saving up to buy a full size bottle of this serum for my husband, and this lady also bought the serum, perhaps following up with the cream when all of us can afford to get it. I have to say that I have used some wonderful products from Dior and other lines but nothing has EVER been this dramatic. And now I know that it is just not my husband's response to this, but also others as well.

I might add that I tried this combination for two days in a row and the results were also pretty intense on me too- and I have been using Lancome Absolue and Collaser 48 for the eyes as well as Renergie lift contour. I did not think you could get better results than that with my face, but by golly, I did!!!! I just hope they don't discontinue this stuff before we can get a bottle or two to have around. I am totally impressed.

What amazes me the most is that there is nothing on the box or bottle to indicate that we should expect such dramatic results. I am sure glad we stumbled upon this though! So is my husband. continued >>

22 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No