Almay Kinetin Skin Optimizing Cleanser

3.2

on 5/15/2004 9:13:00 PM

This cleanser (I think Almay may have discontinued this line) seems to be very good for really oily skins. It rinses clean and seems to make the skin smooth and more refined, due to the Kinetin content. Will have to see how this fares over the long run.

on 4/17/2004 10:41:00 PM

make the skin a little drier.

on 11/3/2003 3:32:00 PM

An OK cleanser that is non-irritating, if a bit drying, for my combo/sensitive skin - it left my skin feeling a little dry and tight. It didnt quite rinse off my dry areas and seemed to make them dryer, but did not make my skin red or otherwise uncomfortable. Relatively simple and fragrance-free, though it has a long ingredients list. UPDATE: This is actually better in summer when i get a bit oilier, but i still prefer Olay's sensitive skin wash w/ aloe over this.

on 8/27/2003 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin but in winter I'm mostly dry. At first I thought I would like thids product because the first few times my skin felt OK. After a while though my skin got really dry and I could see fine lines after I washed no matter how much I moisturized. My skin felt really uncomfortable.. Maybe it would work better for someone with really oily skin in the summer..

on 6/16/2003 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i'm surprised to find that no one has reviewed this yet. I never thot I'd try this because I find the Kinetin line more suitable for dry skin types. But my face recently broke out badly and I realised I was allergic to AHAs and BHAs which my cleanser and moisturizer had. Having thrown out my cleanser, I was in desparate need of a cleanser. I came across the sample of this and since it seemed to contain no comedogenic ingredients, I gave it a try. To my surprise, it cleaned VERY well - no oily residue and no tight feeling either. I've been using this for 4 days and NO BREAKOUTS!! Would recommend this for sensitive skins.