July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Bottle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

I don't hate this moisturizer. I searched for it because I wanted to try it so so bad. I got it and sadly I am a little disappointed. It moisturizes great, doesn't break me out BUT doesn't really make my acne any better. The biggest drawback for me was the smell. It smells like artificial banana scent. It reminds me of that gross banana taffy I used to throw away as a kid. It lingers for maybe 5 minutes BUT it is just awful as a smell.

I will use what I have but I won't repurchase it especially at 40 dollars for 2 oz.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by beccadawn

After reading the rave reviews, I couldn't wait to try it. I have been breaking out like crazy the last few months due to stress and I have tried many different products.
In my opinion, Hope in a Bottle is too expensive, especially for the 2 oz. you get. If you're looking for a moisturizer, this is NOT it. I'm not sure why they consider it a moisturizer... it does the opposite.
I have used this product for about three weeks now twice daily, and I see no change whatsoever. It could work differently with another skin type, but for me, it is crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

I love this moisturizer! Yes it contains 2% salicylic acid and helps keep my skin in check. I have oily skin and occasionally break out. For those who are looking for a heavy duty acne clearing miracle worker, this is not it. This will suite those who already have their skin somewhat in control and just need the 2% salicylic acid to maintain it. Yes this lotion is $39 bucks but the next time you're in sephora, check out all the other face lotions that contain at least 2% salicylic acid because they are just as expensive if not more.Therefore I will continue purchasing this product. I wear it under makeup and sinks into the skin well with somewhat of a matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't get all the hype over this product, I was anxious to use it but it had zero impact on my skin. ZERO.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Bought this hoping to treat acne and lessen shine. Been using this for five months and I can't say it's done either.

It's a nice moisturiser, but for the price I think it's overated personally.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nicoliyah

I adore this moisturiser! Its perfect for my combination/acne prone skin. Quite pricey but I use sparingly and a bottle lasted 11 months so works out ok.
A lot of comments on the smell which is sligtly medicinal but the product works so I'm ok with it (besides the smell goes after a minute or two). I still get the odd breakout but nothing like before. I think this product may be discontinued so am planning to stock up, as I would not like to be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say i have strayed from this a few times and always regret it . I dont suffer from terrible acne but i do get the occasional break out and have had a lot of stress this year and my skin really went down hill nothing was fixing it i had bumps all over my forehead and acne on my chin. I decided to start using this again and within a week my skin was improving and now its totally cleared up... glad i have a back up because im nearly out of my bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: As with most things Philosophy anymore, I am so disappointed. They seem to have changed the formulas for everything we loved. This is not the same product I was used to. Add that to my Amazing Grace fragrance. Bummed since company was sold.
I am 50 years old and I have been a philosophy kit girl for YEARS. I have loved Hope in a Jar both regular and for dry skin. I had gotten Hope in a Bottle (for acne/oily skin) once years ago and thought I didn't like it. I gave it away. Recently, I have rediscovered When Hope is Not Enough replenishing cream, which i now use as my very, very wonderful night cream. With using such an emolient cream at night, I am now able to use Hope in a Bottle during the day. I love it! It has cleared up any breakouts AND my makeup doesnt become shiny or melt off during the day. By switching up my routine, my skin looks even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff. It's not super expensive and it does lessen the congestion on my face while not completely drying me out. It does have a smell to it (I think from the ethylhexyl palmitate) but it's bearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is crap! i thought this was suppose to get rid of oily skin and acne? nope it doesn't. it actually made my skin even drier and gave me numerous white heads. ugh! .. the only good thing i can say about this is i like the smell. THIS IS WAAAAAAAAAYY too overpriced. i hate it. i hate it i hate it. wasted my money when i could have bought something else.