October 25, 2014 | 1714 users online

Polishes - NARS - Jungle Red

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous red jelly in a deep, cool red. I love the Nars jellies. Nothing beats their beautiful shine with a coat of Seche Vite on top. Just in-your-face beautiful. The formula can be a bit difficult to work with, but I use Gelous in between coats, so it smooths out the ridges and streaks from uneven polish application. Love the thought of Rosalind Russell, a very predatory, catty character in "The Women," asking for Jungle Red on her nails. Very symbolic of some of the women in that movie!
The only thing I don't like about the Nars polishes are the caps on the bottles. I give them one lippie. The cap doesn't always re-screw on straight to tighten it and has to go at an angle to the bottle. I had major leakage from one of my bottles because I didn't realize the cap was not on correctly, even though it was lined up even with the sides of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mvgame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is altogether a nice red, shiny and so onů but chips after 4 days, and for that price I can easily find a much better choice in OPI or Essie.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Jungle Red is a deep blood red color. Very pretty! I like the color but wouldn't repurchase. The quality doesn't compare to OPI and China Glaze. The color doesn't get as even and the lasting power is not as good. I'm not a big fan of the packaging either. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by hailey0675

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the perfect shade of red for my NC44 skin tone. I've always worn a neutral beige/white on my nails, but after watching The Women I went to look at the nail colour. I painted one nail and spent a day assessing whether it was for me. I couldn't resist, I feel in love with the colour and bought it. It's a wonderful shade of red that looks deeper in dim light but it's true bright shade is revealed in sunlight. I wear my nails very short to avoid looking too vamp. It lasts forever (I've been wearing it for a week now) as long as you wear a good top coat (I use the NARS top coat) and refresh the top coat after a couple of days. As far as I'm concerned, the negatives registered by other reviewers (difficulty using the brush, streaking, longevity) are a problem with all nail polishes. As with any good manicure, there are dos and don't that have to be followed when painting your nails. I haven't tried this on my toes yet (it's been too cold), but I can't wait to reveal my Jungle Red tootsies in a pair of bejewelled sandals this spring.
UPDATE: Almost a year later and I still love this shade. I'm off to buy my second bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by motleyutube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite red polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by rouge_noir

Well, it's nice to see I wasn't the only one who bought this because of the movie "The Women" where a nail polish colour named "Jungle Red" is featured! This is a lovely color, but the polish quality just doesn't compare to OPI. I needed three coats to get complete coverage, and I did my nails at 03.00 pm and still got sheets marks the next morning! Still, after a top coat of OPI RapiDry, it was shiny and perfect and lasted almost a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The perfect deep red. NARS reformulated their polishes and they are 10x better than they used to be! so much better than chanel IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by vlagrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this polish! I got a full size one and a dolce vita lippie free with a nars purchase for some reason.

For my skin tone (NC30) it is the best true red out there. The pic is a fair bit lighter than it turns out

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sdportugal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my only must have nail polish. I receive tons of compliments on it. It's a great, true red that seems to look great on everyone. I can't vouch for it's staying power on fingernails because I only wear it on my toes where it lasts forever. I have purchased many bottles of this polish over the years. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Geekgurl1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this colour - really rich and vampy bright red. As the other reviewers have noted, the bottle cap is a bit clumpy to hold after you are used to OPI's smooth handle. But it does have a wonderful shine and looks glamerous. It is almost exactly the same colour as OPI Malaga Wine (I couldn't pick any difference)