July 24, 2014 | 1607 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 50% Glycolic Peel

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by ws33

I'm fair skinned and have roseacea. My intent with this was to reduce wrinkles and dullness. I've used this peel weekly for about 3 months, unless I'm doing a TCA peel. I do not peel heavily from it, just light flaking similar to what I get using too much Retin A. I've noticed my skin is more "glowy" and lines do appear to be less noticeable. Time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by bphares

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a pessimist so believe me when I say, this product WORKS. It doesn't cause me to "peel" or get too dry. It's more of an exfoliant for me. My skin feels softer and looks shinier/less dull. I don't have the burning or tingling but I do itch until I wash it off. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Spamstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used Retin-A for years, so this apparently was good training for my skin. When I applied this 50% glycolic acid peel, I expected it to burn and sting, but I felt NOTHING. At first I didn't think it was really doing *anything*, but as I washed it off, I noticed that two zits that'd been lurking under the skin for a week, had become volcanic eruptions. WOW. The next morning, it was as if they had never existed.
This is my new PMS-skin routine! My skin just looks glow-y, not red or peeling. This peel did a nice job of helping budge what has felt like a thick layer of skin that I just couldn't get off. I use a Clarisonic and a microdermabrasion paste, but this glycolic peel did in one minute what nothing else has been able to do. I'm amazed, and a believer! (When you have older skin like me, the last thing you need is a layer of DRY to make you look rough and old!)
I just ordered some TCA from MUAC and will try that in a few weeks.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by mrocd

The packaging wasn't anything special, it was a clear bag, but it's the product quality that matters. I'm a newbie to peels, so purchasing 50% was a risk for me. Fortunately, I didn't have any adverse reactions... However, I have done 6 peels (1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 10 minutes for the last 2) with virtually no results at all. Maybe my skin is just tough, it only tingled and went slightly dry. I'm hoping that when I finally use up the whole thing I'll have noticed something, but it hasn't helped my fine lines, pigmentation or scars. I'm an 18 year old male. I'll buy from MUAC again though, when I can afford TCA kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cnd9090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this for fading of acne scars and sun/age spots. I have combo/dry, sensitive, fair skin. My skin is also very prone to hyperpigmentation.
I have used this for ten weeks straight, once a week, starting with one minute and increasing in one minute increments weekly. I have used MUAC's lactic acid peels (40% and 55%). I didn't see any dramatic fading with them. I got up to five minutes with the 55%.
However, the 50% glycolic peels have given me visual differences in fading sun spots that have driven me to try the 60%. A few spots near my right eye are almost completely gone while the bigger spot near my left eye is following suit. I can't really tell much difference with my acne scars, though. Perhaps the lactic peels are better for targeting red pigment while glycolic peels target brown/tan pigment.
My skin is very reactive so I experienced some flaking, dry areas, scabbing, and redness. The dry areas were rough to the touch but healed before the next peel. The scabs haven't left any scars. I was probably overzealous in my application (time). The results were definitely worth it. I have had the best luck in the winter and avoiding sun. I use at least SPF 50 and I've also been covering spots with concealer.
I should also mention I've used this in conjunction with MUAC's mandelic and BHA.
UPDATE: I rotate them (mandelic, 60% glycolic, 65% lactic) every three days now and have had better luck spot treating and capping at five minutes. My skin reacts most to the lactic peels. Hope this helps.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by amm8589

This peel definitely lives up to the hype. I have done 4 peels, 10-14 days apart, and I have not had a single breakout. My skin is soft and smooth, and the redness has significantly faded. Even my very dark brown spots have somewhat faded, which is not something I expected. Unlike others, I did not experience any burning, only slight tingling at the most. I have done TCA peels and 30% glycolics in the past, though, so my skin may be a it tougher.

This peel is excellent not only to even out skintone and reduce breakouts, but to prep for a TCA peel. I just did a spot peel on a stubborn age spot using the 12.5% tca formula by MUAC and my skin actually frosted on the second layer.

I plan to use this 50% glycolic formula on a monthly basis. It's been a great experience!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this peel and can't say enough about it! Yes, it stings the holy heck out of your face, but the results are fabulous and well worth the minor discomfort. I use this weekly (though I should probably up it twice weekly) and have yet to find another product that works as well. As someone who has acne prone skin, this has been a God send. It really does fade brown spots (finally! a product that actually gets rid of those annoying little things!) and makes skin smoother. My only regret is not finding this peel sooner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lostsundaygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is no joke, I just did my second peel a couple of days ago and didn't wash with enough water after it was done so my face starting tingling and I had to rush to the bathroom to neutralize the peel and by then my face was red, painful, and angry. I would highly recommend that to be on the safe side everyone neutralizes with a warm 50/50 solution of water and baking soda.

On another note, this a great peel to do between TCA and weekly but only if you put it on a few minutes. My skin was flaky for only a few days and even after the peel my skin looked fine although a bit on the red side. However, I got amazing results once my skin calmed down, it makes your skin really smooth and a lot more even.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

MUAC peels are amazing. I equally love this one, the 65% lactic, and the 25% mandelic acid peels. The 50% Glycolic stings the most IME over the 3. I notice the strongest results with this one. Using these peels, my skin really glows and looks great. I can get away looking flawless wearing just a dab of concealer and a TM or loose powder depending on where I'm going. Thanks to MUAC peels, I no longer need med/full coverage foundation. If you are hesitant on trying MUAC at home peels, try the 25% Mandelic first. It's the most gentle, a breeze to apply and there is virtually no downtime or stinging. And you will ABSOLUTELY notice results immediately. And likely others will too. I have received so many compliments on my skin since jumping onto the MUAC skin care wagon. I thank the peels mainly for making my skin look the best it's ever looked.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by permonon

I purchased from 30glycolic.com it did nothing for me and i used it 5times
I ordered sample did 5 peels ( still have 5-6 more i know amazing value)
This miracle product evened out skin tone cleared existing acne and declogged the bajillion tiny skin colored clogged pores sounds gross but the hard yellow hardened sebum actually was falling out i love muac and all their products i follow up after peel with aloe jelly they carry LOVE this product a must try it has given me my confidence back:):):)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No