August 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Giulsiballerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! It leaves my hair soft and they smell so good! The bar lasts for a long time so the price is affordable. I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

This is my favorite shampoo bar from LUSH. I have dry hair and split ends, but I use a lot of hair product (namely, hair spray!). I need something that can clean without stripping. From my experience with LUSH shampoo bars, they all tend to clean really well, to the point where they can strip your hair. However, despite the use of sulfates, I appreciate that these bars don't leave your hair feeling waxy like the majority of shampoo bars that are out there. Out of all the ones I've tried from LUSH, this is the most moisturizing choice that they have. It cleans and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. I still need a conditioner afterwards, but you shouldn't rely on shampoo bars to condition, in general. I love the soft coconut scent of this bar and despite the issues in other reviews here about its lather, I didn't experience the same problems. It soaps up quite well with a few rubs. Compared to Godiva, which is the other more moisturizing bar, I like this better, mainly because I don't have to worry about chunks falling out of it as I use up the bar. It's also more moisturizing and I like the way my hair feels a lot more with this than Godiva. I'll be sticking with Trichomania for a while and I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love all the Lush solid shampoos so I had high expectations for this one as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

The smell is nice enough, a fresh and light coconut fragrance but when I washed my hair I had a very hard time applying it and to distribute it evenly through my hair. The only effect this bar had on my hair is that it weighed it down and made it feel dry at the same time. I used it once or twice before I decided I had no other choive than to give up on it.

I highly recommend Seanik, New and Godiva to just about anyone but I am not going buy Trichomania again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lhalvor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my least favourite of Lush's shampoo. I like that it is solid, (no packaging to throw away) but it is hard to lather. I had to rub it more then three times over my hair and wash and rinse 2-3 times. I finally got to the point where I couldn't handle the extra effort it took to use this shampoo anymore and went back to liquid. And I have been using Lush solid shampoo for 5 years! Once I get over my frustration of using this one, I will return to Godiva, my over all favourite shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a small sample of this at my local Lush store. This stuff was alright. It smells very light and coconuty, maybe a little too light, but pleasant enough. Didn't lather as well as some of the other shampoos Lush sells, but still did a good job cleaning my hair. However, it didn't moisturize as well as I'd like it to, and as a girl with thicker, coarser hair, I need something that is very moisturizing. Glad I only got a sample, because I woiuldn't purchase otherwise

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this but I don't absolutely love it. It has a really nice light coconut scent. As with all shampoo bars - the wetter the hair, the better the bar lathers. When my hair is sopping wet, I rub the bar all over my scalp and it lathers wonderfully. It feels so light compared to liquid shampoos. This can be a little drying sometimes so I only use it in the summer time and only 2-3 times a week. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with thick, dry, or frizzy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE trichomania shampoo! The smell is lovely and it lathers up quite well, pretty much as you would expect a normal shampoo to lather. The reason I have only given it 4 from 5 is that the shape is a bit awkward. I would much rather this be sold in the little rounds like the other shampoos, because the shampoo cut off the block is a weird shape that can be a bit hard to grip.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by monkeybiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the soft coconut smell of this bar - the only thing I don't love is the shape/size. I prefer the round shampoo bars that fit neatly in the tins (I love Karma!) BUT I just asked the sales person to slice me a piece that would fit in one of the square massage bar tins and it worked out after I broke it in two...so that's ok.

it doesn't lather as well as the karma shampoo bar - but I felt like in the end its a bit more moisturizing - less "squeaky" clean feeling. either way, I add conditioner so I'm not leaving the shower with squeaky hair or I fear I wouldnt be able to comb it out! ALWAYS use conditioner, at least on ends, even with Lush shampoo bars.

I also find it crumbles a bit so that kind of bothered me because I hate waste.
either way, i'd still buy it again because it is nice, and has no packaging which I love. :)

people always stress out about how lush bars are so drying... I dont understand unless you're not using conditioner...or youre using too much of the product. you only need 3-4 swipes on fully wet hair. thats it. rinse well.
USE YOUR CONDITIONER and you won't have straw hair! I like Lush Jungle, or whatever else I have on hand.
SLS dont bother me-- i have long, fine, layered bleached, color treated and gray hairs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I'm in love with this shampoo bar. "Why not 5 lippies, then?" Well... it's just too stripping with the SLS in it. I'm in LOVE with the smell, the lather, and the ability to keep my scalp lovely after washing. I use this for shaving and body washing, too, great for removing sweat and dirt. It's a big part of my pre-dye process to strip the excess gunk (silicones, sweat, dirt, cat hair) out of my hair. It strips the hell out of my semi-permanent Manic Panic dye, though.

The largest downside to this is that it's so stripping. If the ends of my hair are dry (which they almost always are) they just frizz up and stay brittle. I try to only use this on my scalp and root area. I will buy this over and over for every other use it has for me, if not a normal shampoo. The texture can be a little much for a first-timer, but it's easy to get over that when you get used to using solid shampoos. I absolutely adore solid shampoos for longevity, ease of storage, and the easiness of storage. My best advice for any of lush's soap products (even bath bombs, melts... all the solid products, really) is to cut the chunk into more usable pieces. I like 1/4" slices since I can just rub the previous run-down piece together with the new slice and water to get it to glue together. Waste not!

I recommend this for those that don't have brittle hair or use a deep conditioner on their hair before washing. Or for those that LOVE the creamy coconut smell. It's glorious!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by violahogg

First, this shampoo is not for everyone. If you have fine or thin hair, then I wouldn't recommend this. Second, I've noticed that Lush shampoos and conditioners have a different "shower feel" than your standard fare, but the results when your hair dries is awesome. For my thick hair, it is wonderful! I use this in combination with the American Cream conditioner. When my hair dries it looks like I had a blow out, no joke, plus it smells amazing with the combination of Trichomania's coconut scent and American Cream's strawberries and cream scent. My hair can get kind of wavy, especially in humidity, but when I use this combination, it's magical. My hair becomes straight, soft, and manageable. I haven't used Trichomania with a regular conditioner and I don't use it everyday (shampooing everyday is actually bad for your hair!), but if you have thick, normal to dry hair, definitely at least get a sample of this shampoo bar from Lush (get it with American Cream, too!), try it out, and be amazed. (Note, get a container to put your shampoo bar in or else it can melt in the shower. If you keep it safe it will last much longer.)