LUSH Trichomania bar

3.4

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 8/20/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample in the Lush store, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the full size! I have used it about 5 times so far and I'm very, very pleased.

I have really long, blond, curly hair (google 'taylor swift 2009' and that should be pretty accurate). This leaves my hair feeling so soft! Not drying at all. My curls are more defined and my scalps feels much more moisturized, but cleanses well and doesn't leave it feeling greasy. Just overall healthier, both in look and feel! Also, it makes my hair easier to comb through. I brush my hair about 2 times a week (otherwise my curls will be frizzy and gone in no time) and I got less tangles in my hair and they were less a pain in the ass to remove than if I were to use another shampoo.

I forgot to take my sample on vacation with me and once again I used a normal shampoo. Boy, never again! This time the difference Trichomania made became even more clear. Using the normal shampoo, my scalp felt dry, flakey and just completely stripped. Tangles were so much harder to remove and my curl dissappeared and became frizzy pretty soon.

Making the switch between a normal shampoo that you just squirt out and this bar is pretty big. It takes a bit longer, but I feel like it's worth it (I turn off the shower while I am shampooing to save some water). I use it both directly on my head (just rubbing it through my hair) and lathering some on my hands.

I still use a conditioner after this, as this doesn't claim to be a 2-in-1 thing, it's just a moisturizing shampoo. So please don't blame it on the shampoo when you don't use a conditioner and feel like it's not moisturizing enough, as it is not a replacement.

I think this shampoo is great! Especially for those with a dry scalp. Oh and have I mentioned the smell? It smells like coconut and vanilla! Even though I don't care for coconut, I enjoy the scent every time I use it!

I love that it doesn't have any packaging, so less pollution! That being said, I am weary that whenever I put it in the shower that it will dissolve in the moisture (not sure if this will actually happen though). To avoid this, I just dry it a bit with a towel and put it in a little bag and that works fine.

I think the price is high for a normal shampoo but I feel like this stuff is going to last me AGES. I have used the little sample bar (about the size of my thumb) a couple of times so far and still have half of it left. I wash my hair about once a week (it's really not as gross as it sounds, my hair is used to it now!) so the full size bar will probably last me about a year, which for the price is really good!
My only complaint is that my hair tends to get greasy slightly faster (after a week with regular shampoo, and after 5-6 days with Trichomania) but that only proves that it moisturizes well.

I'd just recommend to get a sample in the store and see for yourself, as the reviews are mixed.

on 3/6/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the solid LUSH shampoos. They are easy to use, roll in hands like a bar of soap then massage the lather into your hair. This one is sold in slices from a large block, it's not one of the shampoo bars that comes in a little round bar.

This shampoo bar is really softening and moisturising. It has a faint coconut scent which doesn't linger. if my hair was shorter I wouldn't bother using a conditioner with this one, but since it's long I use a light conditioner for de-tangling (like Veganese)

on 2/7/2015 12:46:00 PM

Easy to use, produces a creamy foam that is really effective to clean hair in a pleasant way. Soft coconut smell that in my hair disappeared after rinsing. But it isn't moisturizing at all cause my hair was squeaky clean and I couldn't run my fingers between the strands. Definitely needs a good conditioner after it. The hair looks fluffy and shiny when dry.

on 10/24/2014 9:26:00 AM

This works okay, but I just don't care for the scent. The scent reminds me exactly of Organix's line of coconut milk hair products, which I also don't like because of the scent. Otherwise, the functionality of this product is great!

on 9/24/2014 11:43:00 AM

I love love love this shampoo. It is the only bar shampoo I have ever used and I bought it out of sheer curiosity and I am glad I gave it a shot. My hair feels so clean after using it and I love the light coconut fragrance.

A little about my hair type: I have really long, wavy (with a tendency to be slightly frizzy) brown hair. I have tried a ton of products to help with the frizz but any leave-in makes my face breakout. My typical go-to shampoo/conditioner was Nexus - Frizz Defy; I still love that conditioner and I don't think that will change.

Some people mentioned problems with the lathering but I haven't really come across those same issues. I don't put the bar directly on my hair as too many loose hairs tend to get wrapped around the bar as is. I lather it in my hands like soap and make sure I really massage into my scalp and rinse well.

I don't think the product is that expensive but then again, I am comparing it to buying shampoos that cost $17+. I use less so it lasts longer ... that is a plus in itself.

All in all, I love this product and am hooked on bar shampoos. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have fine-medium hair, with dry ends and some moderate damage. I am always looking for a shampoo that is hydrating, but not too heavy since my hair isn't thick to begin with. That being said, I LOVE Trichomania. You do have to work with it a little bit, but it will build and lather very nicely if you are patient. This is definitely the most hydrating of all Lush Shampoos, right next to Fair Trade Honey, and it leaves my hair soft, light, and shiny! Trichomania has the edge on FTH for one big reason: the scent. Trichomania smells heavenly! If you like coconut/vanilla, the scent will please you to no end. When I use this in combination with Lush's American Cream conditioner - my hair smells impossibly lovely, right up until I wash it again. I've even received compliments on the enjoyable scent of my hair. The packaging is typical for solid items from Lush - you have to store these away in an airtight container. I just buy cheap plastic soap containers that latch, which work okay. But the product still may soften over time if it sits in a moist environment.

Overall, I would recommend this for anyone who needs some hydration but not heaviness in their hair, and anyone who places high value on scents when it comes to hair and beauty products.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo! It leaves my hair soft and they smell so good! The bar lasts for a long time so the price is affordable. I'll buy this again.

on 6/17/2014 12:54:00 AM

This is my favorite shampoo bar from LUSH. I have dry hair and split ends, but I use a lot of hair product (namely, hair spray!). I need something that can clean without stripping. From my experience with LUSH shampoo bars, they all tend to clean really well, to the point where they can strip your hair. However, despite the use of sulfates, I appreciate that these bars don't leave your hair feeling waxy like the majority of shampoo bars that are out there. Out of all the ones I've tried from LUSH, this is the most moisturizing choice that they have. It cleans and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. I still need a conditioner afterwards, but you shouldn't rely on shampoo bars to condition, in general. I love the soft coconut scent of this bar and despite the issues in other reviews here about its lather, I didn't experience the same problems. It soaps up quite well with a few rubs. Compared to Godiva, which is the other more moisturizing bar, I like this better, mainly because I don't have to worry about chunks falling out of it as I use up the bar. It's also more moisturizing and I like the way my hair feels a lot more with this than Godiva. I'll be sticking with Trichomania for a while and I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon.

on 5/25/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really love all the Lush solid shampoos so I had high expectations for this one as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

The smell is nice enough, a fresh and light coconut fragrance but when I washed my hair I had a very hard time applying it and to distribute it evenly through my hair. The only effect this bar had on my hair is that it weighed it down and made it feel dry at the same time. I used it once or twice before I decided I had no other choive than to give up on it.

I highly recommend Seanik, New and Godiva to just about anyone but I am not going buy Trichomania again.

on 3/21/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my least favourite of Lush's shampoo. I like that it is solid, (no packaging to throw away) but it is hard to lather. I had to rub it more then three times over my hair and wash and rinse 2-3 times. I finally got to the point where I couldn't handle the extra effort it took to use this shampoo anymore and went back to liquid. And I have been using Lush solid shampoo for 5 years! Once I get over my frustration of using this one, I will return to Godiva, my over all favourite shampoo!

Top Rated LUSH Products