October 30, 2014 | 1376 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

This works okay, but I just don't care for the scent. The scent reminds me exactly of Organix's line of coconut milk hair products, which I also don't like because of the scent. Otherwise, the functionality of this product is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by guitargirl114

I love love love this shampoo. It is the only bar shampoo I have ever used and I bought it out of sheer curiosity and I am glad I gave it a shot. My hair feels so clean after using it and I love the light coconut fragrance.

A little about my hair type: I have really long, wavy (with a tendency to be slightly frizzy) brown hair. I have tried a ton of products to help with the frizz but any leave-in makes my face breakout. My typical go-to shampoo/conditioner was Nexus - Frizz Defy; I still love that conditioner and I don't think that will change.

Some people mentioned problems with the lathering but I haven't really come across those same issues. I don't put the bar directly on my hair as too many loose hairs tend to get wrapped around the bar as is. I lather it in my hands like soap and make sure I really massage into my scalp and rinse well.

I don't think the product is that expensive but then again, I am comparing it to buying shampoos that cost $17+. I use less so it lasts longer ... that is a plus in itself.

All in all, I love this product and am hooked on bar shampoos. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have fine-medium hair, with dry ends and some moderate damage. I am always looking for a shampoo that is hydrating, but not too heavy since my hair isn't thick to begin with. That being said, I LOVE Trichomania. You do have to work with it a little bit, but it will build and lather very nicely if you are patient. This is definitely the most hydrating of all Lush Shampoos, right next to Fair Trade Honey, and it leaves my hair soft, light, and shiny! Trichomania has the edge on FTH for one big reason: the scent. Trichomania smells heavenly! If you like coconut/vanilla, the scent will please you to no end. When I use this in combination with Lush's American Cream conditioner - my hair smells impossibly lovely, right up until I wash it again. I've even received compliments on the enjoyable scent of my hair. The packaging is typical for solid items from Lush - you have to store these away in an airtight container. I just buy cheap plastic soap containers that latch, which work okay. But the product still may soften over time if it sits in a moist environment.

Overall, I would recommend this for anyone who needs some hydration but not heaviness in their hair, and anyone who places high value on scents when it comes to hair and beauty products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Giulsiballerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! It leaves my hair soft and they smell so good! The bar lasts for a long time so the price is affordable. I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

This is my favorite shampoo bar from LUSH. I have dry hair and split ends, but I use a lot of hair product (namely, hair spray!). I need something that can clean without stripping. From my experience with LUSH shampoo bars, they all tend to clean really well, to the point where they can strip your hair. However, despite the use of sulfates, I appreciate that these bars don't leave your hair feeling waxy like the majority of shampoo bars that are out there. Out of all the ones I've tried from LUSH, this is the most moisturizing choice that they have. It cleans and doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped. I still need a conditioner afterwards, but you shouldn't rely on shampoo bars to condition, in general. I love the soft coconut scent of this bar and despite the issues in other reviews here about its lather, I didn't experience the same problems. It soaps up quite well with a few rubs. Compared to Godiva, which is the other more moisturizing bar, I like this better, mainly because I don't have to worry about chunks falling out of it as I use up the bar. It's also more moisturizing and I like the way my hair feels a lot more with this than Godiva. I'll be sticking with Trichomania for a while and I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love all the Lush solid shampoos so I had high expectations for this one as well. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

The smell is nice enough, a fresh and light coconut fragrance but when I washed my hair I had a very hard time applying it and to distribute it evenly through my hair. The only effect this bar had on my hair is that it weighed it down and made it feel dry at the same time. I used it once or twice before I decided I had no other choive than to give up on it.

I highly recommend Seanik, New and Godiva to just about anyone but I am not going buy Trichomania again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lhalvor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my least favourite of Lush's shampoo. I like that it is solid, (no packaging to throw away) but it is hard to lather. I had to rub it more then three times over my hair and wash and rinse 2-3 times. I finally got to the point where I couldn't handle the extra effort it took to use this shampoo anymore and went back to liquid. And I have been using Lush solid shampoo for 5 years! Once I get over my frustration of using this one, I will return to Godiva, my over all favourite shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a small sample of this at my local Lush store. This stuff was alright. It smells very light and coconuty, maybe a little too light, but pleasant enough. Didn't lather as well as some of the other shampoos Lush sells, but still did a good job cleaning my hair. However, it didn't moisturize as well as I'd like it to, and as a girl with thicker, coarser hair, I need something that is very moisturizing. Glad I only got a sample, because I woiuldn't purchase otherwise

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this but I don't absolutely love it. It has a really nice light coconut scent. As with all shampoo bars - the wetter the hair, the better the bar lathers. When my hair is sopping wet, I rub the bar all over my scalp and it lathers wonderfully. It feels so light compared to liquid shampoos. This can be a little drying sometimes so I only use it in the summer time and only 2-3 times a week. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with thick, dry, or frizzy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE trichomania shampoo! The smell is lovely and it lathers up quite well, pretty much as you would expect a normal shampoo to lather. The reason I have only given it 4 from 5 is that the shape is a bit awkward. I would much rather this be sold in the little rounds like the other shampoos, because the shampoo cut off the block is a weird shape that can be a bit hard to grip.