August 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Eyes - Lise Watier - Makeup Base for Eyes and Lips

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mimize

My cousin told me about this product and how much she liked it. So I decided to buy it too. I was so excited about the day I would put it on. When I got back from school, my eyes were not different from when I didn't put this base. I wasted 18 $. I still use it, because I don't want to put 18 $ in the garbage. But it doesn't do anything. The only good thing I noticed is with the Lise Watier liquid eyeliner, it stays longer. And I love this eyeliner. So, I use it with my eyeliner. Now I bought UDPP and I hope it will be better than this base.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by fiaspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer more than a year ago for a special event and I didn't want my eye shadow to melt on me. Since Lise Watier's product have a good reputation (and I didn't knew about Urban Decay or Too Faced) and that MAC paint pot are just way too expensive, I tought I'd buy this base.

I just wasted 17$. The make up didn't hold on at all, on every ocasion I'd try it. I even tried on my lips, since it's also a lip primer... but didn't do much for me. Trust me, don't spend your money on this and Get the Primer Portion or the Shadow Insurence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to buy this, until I discovered what a REAL base is (Too face & UD) and the HUGE difference it makes comparing to this one. This doesn't really do anything. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mel1804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely horrible! Do not spend one cent of your money for this garbage. Like someone said in their review, your eyeshadow will last longer without this so-called primer. It creases horribly and fades after less than an hour. Shame on Lise Watier for selling this mess 20$! It also does not work very well for the lips. There was nothing long lasting about this. I used it for my college graduation ceremony and by the time I went on stage to get my diploma the only eyeshadow left was in my eye creases. I could have got a better quality product at the dollar store!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ontariogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very surprised when I read the negative reviews on this product. I have tried probably every other primer out there....and most work okay on me as I have normal skin type without many issues. I absolutely love this primer. It works great for my eyes...just as good or better then UDPP and I love to use it on my lips for a matte finish when using l/s. I have repurchased this twice....It does last a long time. I love most of Lise Watiers products and this is no exception!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Intyale

Allows for easier and better blending for shadows, and makes makes them brighter. However, in humid weather/oily lids, it doesn't keep the shadow from creasing. Helps, but isn't crease-proof. My first primer, as tube lasts FOREVER. Will be trying TFSI or UDPP instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I bought this on a whim because I needed an eyeshadow base and this was really just the first thing I found. For the most part it works, but sometimes my shadow still creases, and it's sheer so it doesn't do any thing to cover any discoloration on my eyelids. I wouldn't buy it again, there are definitley better products out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jennyferr

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a decent eye primer... I put it head to head with Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have found only 2 areas where UDPP outperforms this: 1) loose shadow 2) slightly smoother application. I found my MAC shadows lasted equally well over both primers and looked equally vibrant at the end of the day... that said, I have rather dry lids, so perhaps this is not a primer for oily gals? I won't buy again as UDPP is slightly better. For a concealer type primer I also love Benefit Lemon Aid for light gals.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

This product did NOTHING to help my eyeshadow stick to my oily eyelids - in fact, I think it made is worse! And it's pricey. I recommend UDPP instead, it's my HG for eyeshadow primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want this product to work so badly since I have pretty much the whole tube of it... but it just doesn't. My makeup always creases with this product, I just don't think it works on me. I think it is perhaps because after using this I don't find that it makes my eyelids dry, I think it smooths but doesn't make a dry enough base that will result in a crease free finish. These days I am using CG Squease [which isn't the best eyeshadow] but results in such a dry finish that any shadow applied overtop sticks and doesn't bunch.

I might try giving this product to my mother and seeing if it works better on her as it is a waste to throw out $20 of product. May be more effective as a lip base, never tried it since I do not have any creasing or feathering issues.