July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I really like this product alot. But, i don't buy it all the time, only when i have the extra money to splurge on it. Otherwise, this product would be a staple in my haircare regimen. It leaves my haif feeling very soft, revitalized, and highly moisturized. It has a somewhat perfumey scent to it, but thank goodness its not very strong and it doesn't linger for days afterwards in my hair either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryLa

This is my favorite conditioner. I've tried other salon conditioners, like Tigi Dumb Blonde, Control Freak, Catwalk's Sexed Up, Healthy Sexy Hair, etc. and top rated drug store conditioners (Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle is sooo moisturizing, and only $3 or $4, but tends to build up, so I only use it as a once weekly overnight treatment that I wash out in the morning.), and this is the one I always come back to.
It makes my hair soft and shiny, and takes down a lot of my frizz, and it does this without damaging 'cones (there are water soluble 'cones that don't have damage-causing build up, but this doesn't use any whatsoever). It has a pleasant green, creamy scent, that lingers very lightly in your hair.
It's a very thick product (some have called it waxy, but that's not the word I would use), so it takes slightly more effort than, say, Pantene to distribute evenly.
I get the bottles that have less product than the big jars, because I hate conditioner in a jar.
It's a little on the spendy side -not Kerastase spendy, but around $16 for the bottle instead of the jar. Fortunately, I just tried the Generics Brand version, and it is EXACTLY THE SAME for less than half the price, like $7 per bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, coarse hair and lots of reviews claim this is a great conditioner for me type of hair. But I don't think that is the case. it is an ok moisturizer but I have used better, silicon-free conditioners. I have tried it a few times thinking that i didn't give it a good try, but every time I am disappointed. It is overpriced for the results and not that moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

Love this product!!! It's my favorite conditioner now. I've tried many brands.... CHI, Joico, Nexxus, Sexy Hair, Bed Head... and like this one the most. Will definately repurchase again! Its very moisturizing, leaving hair soft and silky. It actually keeps hair soft, even after you wake up in the morning. Highly recommended product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ashleyjjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to conditioner! It's very moisturizing and smells great. A little goes a long way and I noticed that when I condition with this, I can go longer without getting a trim because it keeps my ends healthy. I have frizzy, wavy hair and this keeps it tame.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great product, it really does make my hair soft and fluffy.
The packaging is great, it is very easy to get the product out.
The conditioner has a waxy consistency but it leaves no residue. I got this as a present and I'm scared to use it too often, eventhough it feels so good, because of the price. I wouldn't have the money to repurchase if I ran out, so I use it as a treat for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is definitely one of the best conditioners I have ever used. I don't have the large jar version of this product, I have the smaller, squeeze tube like a typical conditioner. It is the exact same product, just less in amount and price. It would be economically smarter to buy the large tub, but I didn't want to get that size in case I didn't like the product and wanted to return it, but now I'm regretting I didn't get the large size! (The smaller tube is still pretty big though - standard conditioner 10 oz. size.) I have fine, dry, colored, heat styled hair, so I definitely need something to hydrate, replenish, and moisturize without totally weighing my hair down and making it heavy and coated. This conditioner is effective as a deep conditioning treatment (usually leave in 10+ minutes), yet still light enough to be used as a regular conditioner every time you wash. But make no mistake, this conditioner is not light by any means, it is totally effective at conditioning and does what it claims - provides moisture and relieves dry, stressed hair. I live in an area where the humidity can get up to 85/90% or more for long periods of time, but my hair is never frizzy or dull with this conditioner, and it holds its style well, partly due to this product ( yes I have tested this!). The awesome floral smell is a wonderful added bonus too. There is another version of this also in the hydratherapie line called the ultrahydrating balm, which is designed for those with coarser, thicker hair, so if that more accurately describes your hair type give the ultrahydrating balm a try instead of the hydrating balm because that one will work better for fine to normal hair. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You know that scene in 101 Dalmations where Cruella de Ville is driving her car like a maniac, and her hair is flying all over the place and looks dry and horrible and in good need of a treatment? That's my hair in a nutshell.

I've been dyeing my hair for five years now, since I was thirteen (I unfortunately was a wilful child and got my wish to go from blonde to red at that young age). Since that fateful decision, it has never been the same. While it could grow quickly and was beautifully soft when I was young, as soon as the dyeing began it has never been the same. Now, I'm at an ash blonde-colour and my hair is dry, brittle at the ends, and CLUMPS fall out to such extremes that I thought I'd be bald by age 20.

UNTIL miracle of miracles, I stumbled upon this conditioner. I use the Matrix hydrating shampoo along with this, and simply apply the balm after shampooing and give it a good comb through (I know you're not supposed to when wet, but my hair cannot be brushed once dried), and voila, my hair is silk. I cannot believe all these years have gone by, and healthy shining hair has always been so easily attainable! If you're looking for a deep conditioner that really leaves your hair clean as well as moisturised, this is the one for you!

TIP FOR AUSSIE/ NEW ZEALANDERS: beautybay.com always has bottles for under $20, and free shipping worldwide ;)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Leigh100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this in the new formula without the keratin. I am reviewing this using the 2012 ingredients listed - as well as the generic version Sally's beauty supply sells which is just as good in my opinion.

This is my go to cone free/protein free conditioner. I just really cannot say anything bad about it. It conditions and softens hair. It does the job well. I also use it as a base for a deep conditioner. I mix in aloe vera gel and honey and get an amazing deep treatment that makes my hair happy.

I have found the Sally's generic version to be so similar (cant notice any difference at all) so I now save money and just buy the generic. Great condittioner.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing cone free moisturizing treatment. I use this as a deep conditioner & leave it on my hair for about 45 mins or so with a plastic cap over it. While my scalp is prone to greasiness the length of my hair is very dry due to being colored & chemically straightened & this product makes my hair feel like silk.