September 15, 2014 | 879 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Contrast

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to blue for smokey eyes. Makes brown eyes pop! I apply this on the outer lid with mac Electra on the inner. I then overlap some Electra in the centre so it just covers the blue looks fab. Use naked by UD in crease. Blend well and it looks stunning with a tiny bit of mac carbon on the outer v. I use the mac 212 brush to apply contrast to my lower lash line and then go over with Electra. OMG my fave.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by stls

Being a geen eyed fair skinned blond I've always avoided blue eyeshadows but Constrast was too pretty to ignore. i't a deep midnight blue with tiny sparkles. Works good as a liner. For a full-on smikey eye, though, I'm not satisfied by its performance. Applies patchy even with primer, I use TFSI. However this is solved if I apply it over Blackground paintpot. Lasts all night this way. I like contrast but it takes some work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I bought Contrast some time ago hoping it would be similar to the limited edition shade deep secret from quite a few years back. Swatched, Contrast looks like an iridescent indigoish blue similar to deep secret however on my eyes it looked very different. I never see any of the iridescent or shine when I apply it on my eyes and it also turns into a dark navy color on me with lots of fallout. Contrast seems to make my under eye circles pop as well....which is not good. Super strange because I generally don't have any issues with MAC eye shadows and fallout. I'm still on the hunt for a deep secret dupe and I use Nehru instead of Contrast when I actually want a dark navy eye shadow. Nehru looks like the same color as Contrast on my eyes minus the fallout and under eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prettiest matte navy blue shadow I've used so far. I love using this for smoky eyes instead of the traditional black/grey. On casual days, I like to use this as eyeliner. This shade makes me brown eyes pop! Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Contrast is so gorgeous. A deep, dark blue-violet (mostly blue) that is absolutely stunning as a liner and a not-black smokey eye. I wore it smudged out with Scene blending it into Electra and it was a knockout.
However, by the end of a long work day, I glanced in the mirror to see besides what had set my eyeliner, Contrast had almost completely faded away! This was with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which usually does a fine job of holding onto my shadows like a vegetarian does her wheat grass. I've never had this happen with any other MAC shadows. I was disappointed to see it but probably won't return it... Contrast is just way too beautiful to take back. Hopefully I can find something that will grab onto it better for next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am 65, NW20 with dark brown hair and green eyes. I use this as my go-to thin or smudged navy e/l and sometimes for evening on my outer V. This is softer than black, more interesting than gray, and livens up the whites of my eyes. Little-no fallout or smudging.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

..i loved the swatch of this shadow when i saw on the internet it's not a typical dark navy eyeshadow but much more unique ..run to mac store to buy...i'm nc 40 - once applied on my lids the blue aspect of this e/s seems to fade and it just kind of looks black as other reviewer stated here ..i have black eyeshadow already that helps me achieve a really nice smokey look ...so this shadow was completely useless for me... had high hopes for this shade really

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally met with a MAC makeup artist who is fantastic at her job and love the work she has done for a family member. I had her create a few looks for me ...... I am very cool-toned ..... my skintone is NW10 and my haircolor is also a cool-toned blonde, however, I have brown eyes which clash with my coloring ....... I love blues but have a hard time finding the right choices ....... she applied MAC's Linger Softly (a gray/blue on my lid and then Contrast which is a dark navy with hints of purple-blue on my crease and then used Contrast to line the outer corners of my eyes and it not only worked with my cool coloring but also made my brown eyes pop. Contrast is a wonderful choice for PPPs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Contrast is a beautiful purplish-blue with blue pearl... but unfortunately it is a velvet which makes the texture not so great.I find that you really have to pack it on the lid and build the color so that it doesn't appear patchy. I don't think it blends particularly well either... I still gave it four lippies because the color is gorgeous. My favorite way to wear it is: Contrast on the lid, Kid in the crease and transition, Vanilla pigment to highlight and Brun in the outer V. I'm actually wearing this look today and loved it so much that I decided to write a review. Check out my blog for pics:

http://eyeshadowaa.blogspot.com/ continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im an NC50 and this product is great on its own for a smoky eye, just apply the eyeshadow to the lid, then smoke it out with a blending brush, ad some black kohl pencil to the top and bottom lash line a bit of mascara or falsies and your ready to go. I would say use a primer just to get the coulour to pop a bit more, and you really need to pack it on but im very happy.