The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum,Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,Yellow 6.

on 1/13/2015 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm afraid I also dislike the scent. It goes on like a soft almond scent, but dries down to pure baby oil on me. I don't want to smell like a baby, and the smell is pervasive and doesn't go away. Otherwise, the product is fine for a light moisturizing. It's not as heavy as I would normally expect in a nail conditioning product. For what it is, I find it overpriced at $20 a tube and the smell is just too much for me. Am passing this on.

on 12/2/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am currently using this up as a general body lotion, where it is working well enough and moisturises fine after showering. However, I bought it to provide extra moisture to my hands in the winter. This product generally failed me for that purpose.
My cream's package was plastic, so no complaints there. This product has an unusually light consistency to be called "hand and nail cream". It smelled okay to me -- almondish, but not particularly an awesome or terrible smell. It was greasy, but soaked in quickly on just-washed hands. Unfortunately, after soaking in, the cream seemed to vanish, leaving me with hands that are drier than they were before I applied the cream.

on 12/1/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff!! it smells sweet and amazing, it lasts through one hand wash, it softens my hands and keeps them protected. And it absorbs quick! HG winter hand creme!

on 9/17/2014 6:54:00 PM

It's too thick

on 5/27/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This must be one of the most disgusting-smelling hand creams on the market! One of my colleague applies it like five times a day, and I can smell the chemicals in the corridor before even entering the room. Haven't thought of a good way to ask her to change product. I will never ever use Body shop stuff after these horrid nasal experiences.

on 5/10/2014 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am so impressed with this hand cream. I have the one in the new metallic packaging.

This stuff is super moisturizing, I apply a generous amount of this every night before I go to sleep and I wake up with a soft set of hands. I adore the scent, it's almond-y and light, I don't get why people complain here.

I also use this after my manicure and whenever I get this 'tight' feeling on my hands. I don't have super dry hands and I don't know how this product performs during rough winter weather but it does enough for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A really good hand cream and these are few and far between. I am always buying it on offer so price wise it is not very steep, especially for a huge 100 ml tub.

Really moisturises my cuticles and makes my unvarnished nails glossy and strong.

The scent is inoffensive and not prominent imho - I have this product in a new packaging (a metal-like looking tube with a black crew on small cap which is my only grip with the packaging - if one looses it there is no going back), quite floral and powdery, with a hint of bitter almond, pleasant but I would recommend sampling it before you buy it.

For a real deep treatment I am adding a couple of drops of almond oil to it before massaging it thoroughly into cuticles when I am in my bed for the night - I have noticed (after seeing Helene from Mon Blog de Fille talking about it) a real difference in the state of my cuticles.

A really good product.

on 4/18/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is somewhat moisturizing but the scent is not for me. It just smells so fake and odd, if it was more moisturizing than other creams I would probably repurchase but it's just not special in any way and doesn't smell good enough to repurchase.

on 3/13/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's good at softening hands and helping nails look healthy. I actually use it on my elbows and knees too. But, the smell is matronly, I hate it. Only use it at night. And the crinkly aluminum tube is just ugly. I wish they would redesign the packaging and redo the scent. Formula is a winner, but the scent is so off putting I can't repurchase.

on 3/3/2014 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very disappointed, I should've read the reviews before purchasing because it doesn't smell like almonds at all. The smell reminded so much of the cheap stuff from Bath & Body Works that I gave it away after trying it once - it was over powering and the smell was getting to me. It's a shame because I like how it left my hands feeling.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products