April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is somewhat moisturizing but the scent is not for me. It just smells so fake and odd, if it was more moisturizing than other creams I would probably repurchase but it's just not special in any way and doesn't smell good enough to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's good at softening hands and helping nails look healthy. I actually use it on my elbows and knees too. But, the smell is matronly, I hate it. Only use it at night. And the crinkly aluminum tube is just ugly. I wish they would redesign the packaging and redo the scent. Formula is a winner, but the scent is so off putting I can't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed, I should've read the reviews before purchasing because it doesn't smell like almonds at all. The smell reminded so much of the cheap stuff from Bath & Body Works that I gave it away after trying it once - it was over powering and the smell was getting to me. It's a shame because I like how it left my hands feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

I love this cream because my hands stay very soft and nails are definitely, visibly healthier!!!

The only problems are the strong scent as well as the new packaging in the aluminum tube. It hurts to open it cause the twist cap is so small and hard edged.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I only shop the Body Shop when there are sales, as their products are so overpriced normally.I picked up this hand cream and didn't use it for ages. I like how it's in a squeeze tube that looks like paint or something (does not look like the image on the product review). I like the smell, although my boyfriend thinks it smells citrusy, I don't get that, it totally smells like nuts to me. It sinks it pretty quickly and doesn't leave you with sticky hands, nice product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I bought this today at The Body Shop - it was 50% off. I used to own the almond hand butter but decided to try the cream as it takes less time to absorb into my hands. I love the scent, it is a fresh, comforting scent.. But as some people have mentioned, I can't say it actually smells like almonds. My hands absorb the product very quickly and they feel really soft. My hands are already in really nice shape and I'm simply trying to keep them that way throughout the Canadian winter. The only downsides are the regular price ($20, which luckily I didn't pay full-price) and the packaging - you have to be careful that it doesn't open up from a small cut in the aluminium, and that you carefully press it out because the opening is a little too big, and too much can come out at once. Overall will probably continue to buy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

At first I didn't love the smell of this, but I got it at Christmas time when my hands were quite dry so I used it to test it out - so glad I did! The once musty smell was never found again, my hands smelled really... Nutty (obviously) with maybe a hint of coconut? It also deeply moisturised my hands and strengthened my nails, it's now a must have for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free (it was even a fullsize!) when I picked up some other stuff from The Body Shop. I had heard about this product before but I never planned on getting it.

It has a nice scent, but I wouldn't say it smells like almond really. It smells like a hand cream, you know "the typical skincare scent". It dries in quickly and leaves a moisturising feeling. After a few uses of this product my hand felt soft and they looked "healthy".

Pro's:
-Leaves your hands soft and smooth
-Lasts for a long time (you only need a little bit of the product each time you apply it)
-Soaks in QUICKLY! (good news!)
-Even my sister with OCD (google *ocd hands' if you want to see what it looks like) got helped by this product

Con's:
-It doesn't really smell like almonds.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by LivvyB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many hand creams. The only other one I care for is Triple Lanolin Hand and Nail Conditioner but it has been difficult to find. So I bought this at Ulta when it was on sale and I had a coupon; it is rather pricey. My hands have always been dry...at times to the point where they crack and bleed. And don't even get me started on the hangnails and rough cuticles..ugh. So far, I have been very pleased with this product. I use it 2-3 times a day, making sure to rub some into my nails too. If used consistently, my hands and nails look so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by EveEve90

I really hated the new packaging. The smell of this product is slightly a turn off at first but I would say it does hydrates my skin quite well. Most importantly, it does not require us to use a lot of the profuct as it absorbs very well into the skin.