December 19, 2014 | 1499 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Hemp Seed Polishing Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so bummed b/c this has been discontinued!! I have really short hair and I use a 1/3 the size of a dime on my hair everyday. I put it on my fingertips and emulsify it then apply it to my scalp and shake my fingers in my hair to give it some "umph" works every time! I'm sorry it didn't work for the others. When I first got in back in 2002-2003 I didn't use it too much and then I got short hair and came across it and have basically used it as a texturizer. And yes...I have had the same bottle since when I first bought it!!! If I knew it was going to be discontinued I would've bought more!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2003 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lady_wray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HATE this product. I got a sample and was excited to try it. This stuff is the worst stuff ever, period. It made my hair DULL. Not glossy AT ALL. It made it feel dirty. It wouldn't even wash off of my hands! It seemed like vaseline, but vaseline would have worked better even. It dried! I do not wash my hair daily, but I had to wash the very next morning! Until I washed it, I wore it hidden in a bandana! DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS. I swear, vaseline would do better-washes off easier and doesn't dry! I mean, if you want dirty looking hair, might as will save the money and get a huge tub of vaseline, seriously.

I will take some money and just go buy more Biosilk, it is the best stuff I have found so far.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Joyous

I got a sample of this from my hair stylist. It is just okay IMHO. I prefer the hemp seed sheer pomade because it gives me both shine AND control.