LUSH Aqua Mirabillis

4.1

on 2/21/2015 6:58:00 AM

This smells like heaven, sprinkled in Milo. God I love the smell. And it makes my skin feel absolutely divine. I am salivating just thinking of this product!!

It is pretty much all shea butter so it will melt away in your shower, make sure you buy a tin too. But even then, because it is so natural, don't leave it too long between uses when it is hot. I opened mine after a fortnight in the height of summer, and the damn thing had gone mouldy! Of course, I am not wasting that goodness so I scraped it off and went on using it until I was too grossed out to use it any more. It didn't smell the same... just smelt a bit off.
So now, it goes in the fridge and comes out for special occasions only.

Get it!

on 6/26/2014 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Doesn't come in any packaging other than the paper bag they put it in. You can buy a tin to keep it in which I would highly recommend to prevent losing the whole thing down the drain!
The bar has a really nice, subtle scent and it's a great exfoliator. It could be too harsh for some skin types as the exfoliant is quite intense.
It's pretty expensive, but if you shop at Lush you probably already knew that.
It also gets used up fairly quickly. Because of the amount I paid for it I try not to use it more than once or twice a week!

on 6/14/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to rain on the parade of great reviews but I did NOT enjoy this scrub. Yes, it did make my skin soft but it smelled SO wrong. Like maybe it had gone bad. Rancid. Also, it melted pretty quickly, even when I stored it in a body butter tin. I much prefer Buffy.

on 2/21/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Really, I alternate between this and Buffy, and my skin has never looked or felt better.

I am an avid self-tanner (Fake Bake Flawless) and it is imperative to have smooth even skin before self-tanning. This does the trick so nicely. What I really love about this product is that it exfoliates and moisturizes my skin without leaving a residue (which Buffy can leave a bit of a film, but I still love it).

Will continue to repurchase. Also, just a suggestion, buy the tin that they recommend for these products. It will pay for itself with the amount of product you will save by keeping it stored properly. I didn't rate the packaging highly just because I wish the tin was a bit bigger.

on 10/21/2013 11:41:00 AM

I liked it UNTIL one day I picked it up and there were little moving yellow worms. I dont know, maybe it was too humid even if I dried it after use? I dont want to think about it...

If anyone still wonders- yes, it smells great, practical form, skin feels nice. Although after what happened Im not going to repurchase.

on 10/17/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This isn't as convenient as a traditional scrub in a tube or jar but I do enjoy it. It smells great, like organic almond butter. It really softens and smooths skin so well. The ground bits are coarse but they don't feel abrasive if I use a light hand.

A little goes a long way. I melt a little under hot water and quickly run it over my legs, arms, etc. then put the bar aside and massage everything into my skin, then rinse. It leaves a silky, non-greasy residue behind that doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. Typically I don't enjoy scrubs that leave a film of moisturizing butter or oils or anything behind but this I love. I usually use this before I shave my legs and I don't have to use shaving soap.

I get several uses from one bar but I try to be careful with it and keep it away from moisture and steam. I remove it from the shower after each use and let it dry completely in the little Lush body butter tin between uses. This isn't something I use unless I have a little extra time in the morning but I've been repurchasing for a few years now. I've given up most of my Lush obsession because of my increasing sensitive skin but this has always worked for me and I'm sticking with it.

on 8/25/2013 6:39:00 PM

Yummy smelling product.

the first time i bought this i couldn't resist giving it a brief lick .. (i know I'm weird, disgusting and stuff but dammit it smelled so delicious i couldn't resist it)

1- it smells like butter, nuts, cookies/biscuits and all those warm good stuff.

2- i use this from my face to my tip toes. it exfoliates and leaves me butter smooth and smelling good. i don't even need to apply moisturiser after i get out of the shower.

this is the first and only scrub/body butter i have ever purchased from lush (only because i cant seem to get over my addiction for it)

i wouldnt recommend leaving this in the shower. i always cut small pieces of it before showering .. they do melt fast with heat/steam and water.

on 4/21/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It smells like peanut butter. It works okay but the smell is yuck. I prefer Buffy the Backside Slayer because it smells better and it doesn't get as soft.

on 4/18/2013 7:21:00 AM

Oooh, just looking at a picture of this little beauty makes me feel hungry! My favourite body butter out of the Lush range. Although Buffy has three different types of exfoliant (Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans), I find Aqua to be the deepest, most effective scrub due to it having ground almond SHELLS (which makes it slightly grittier). Because it is quite rough, it's important to make sure you warm it up sufficiently under the water first before rubbing on the skin, that way it won't leave wee scratches on your body. Quick, easy, saves having to freeze putting lotion on, leaves a subtle cookie dough scent on my skin - that's what I call a BFF!

I'm a sucker for anything that's exfoliating, be it face wash/ body scrubs. I love this body scrub and its probably one of the best that i;ve tried so far - However, be prepared that the grains within it can be quite corse. So if you have sensitive skin, this might not be an option for you.

This is the perfect product for those of us who love to get rid of dry bumps within a week- I really like the smooth texture that's left behind on my skin which compensates for crossness of the scrub grains. I highly recommend trying this product if you're a first timer at lush and you don't have sensitive skin.

Its a perfect item to include within your pamper sessions that we should each treat ourselves to at least once every week

Hope it helped: