April 21, 2014 | 1027 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Sympathy for the Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The fresh banana smells really makes it something for me. Its a more watery texture than other lush lotions, but the benefit of that is that it readily absorbs into the skin and then five minutes after applying my skin feels amazing. I was surprised when i first used this on my face that it made my skin feel so plump and ive never experienced any pire clogging from using this on my combination skin. I would recommend and would defininitey buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Yunak

Love this product, It was expensive but I fell in love with the scent at first. Started using this daily and was surprised to see after a few weeks my stretch marks have become less apparent and deep. I've repurchased and will keep buying it cause it's amazing !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by BrightWhiteHeart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My newest favorite all-purpose lotion. It's hydrating and not greasy. I feel silky smooth all day. To be totally honest, I can't stand banana flavored or scented things, AT ALL. And I still like this scent.

I like this product so much, I've been considering buying another one so I can split it up into smaller containers and have one in my car, purse, wherever. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using dream cream before changing to this

LOVE IT!!

Pros:
hydrating
smells amazing
not greasy
skin feels soft until my next shower

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros: The best thing about this lotion is its scent. It has a beautiful, warm, subtle scent, a mixture of vanilla and sandalwood. It also has a lovely texture and absorbs quickly.

Cons: The packaging is not great--a big tub of lotion (definitely not a cream of a body butter) is not ideal--and it's a bit too expensive for lotion, even good lotion.

I received this as a sample and returned after a week to purchase it in the full-size because I loved the scent. Be warned though that the scent is variable (possibly due to the hand-made nature of the products?) and the large tub I purchased was somewhat less scented than the sample I received. Still, it has quickly become one of my favorite LUSH products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my every day moisturiser. I love the light creamy scent reminiscent of a banana smoothie and the fact that it is not overpowering which means you can use perfume.

The trick to moisturising your body and this goes for all moisturisers, is to apply cream while your skin is still warm and damp. Once it is all soaked in, go over your body again with another layer.

You don't need to use too much so a tub is going to last a long time. It is one of Lush's original products and I hope they never stop making it.

I have very dry skin and this keeps my skin moisturised all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I usually use Dream Cream, I have acne prone skin (face and body) but I also get very dry skin with painful patches of psoriasis at times. I decided to pick this up after trying it in store and noticing that although it felt very thin and runny initially, it turns into almost an oil on the skin and seemed very moisturizing. I did worry I would break out with continued use though. It's been about 3 months and my skin is so soft and not a single breakout. The redness I had on my arms has significantly been reduced as well. I am loving this more than Dream Cream and I absolutely adore the scent of this which is a huge bonus! I'm not usually a fan of Lush scents, this one is a very mild vanilla with a bit of banana scent, almost like pudding. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by dolciibunnii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went into Lush to get a scrub/moisturizer combo to help battle the winter blues.
I ended up grabbing Ocean Salt and Sympathy for the Skin.
I immediately fell in love with this moisturizer's scent - it smells like chocolate and bananas out of the jar but amazingly settles into a vanilla-flan-ish dessert scent - so delicious. After using it on my body for a while I had read somewhere that it works well on the face. I usually have oily blemish prone skin, but because of the intensely harsh winter we are having, I tried it out; to my astonishment it works so SO well on my face. It somehow transforms my dull looking, blotchy and red skin into baby soft pillowy feeling wonderfullness. I really cannot even describe how well it works for my face!
Only downfalls are the packaging - I hate tubs, the price, and if you put a little too much on you get oily! But other than that it is absolutely wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Linamakeup

Tried this body lotion for a few days now and think I'm in love.
Texture: Light and creamy, a bit runny like yogurt, easy to spread, absorbs by the skin quickly. Love!
Scent: I think it smells like cream and cookie ice cream. Love!
Effect: Moisturizes very well without feeling greasy or sticky. Love!
Ingredients: Mostly natural. Love!
Packaging: Jar packing is convenient and easy to use, no waste of product. Love!
Price: High!
Purchase again: Yes.
Recommendation: Absolutely!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I have never purchased Sympathy for the Skin. I have just used samples that I have received from a LUSH sales associate.

I left my sample sitting on my night stand for about a week after my last LUSH trip, thinking that I would never need this because I was more than satisfied with Dream Cream. Then one night, I decided to give it a go. I wish I wouldn't have... And not for the reason you may think! Now, I almost regret that during that same visit, I picked up another pot of Dream Cream as back up, since my current pot is almost empty.

I love this lotion! I didn't think that it could get any better than Dream Cream, but somehow, Sympathy for the Skin is even better! I love the smell of both lotions, however, I think that I prefer the delicious scent of banana and vanilla that is in Sympathy for the Skin. Also, the sales associate told me that Sympathy might not work for me because it is thicker, but instead, I think that makes it even better! I use it at night, and I find that unlike Dream Cream which takes forever to absorb and leaves a greasy residue for about five minutes, my skin soaks this up almost immediately. I have been using it multiple times a day, and I swear my skin is even softer than when I used Dream Cream regularly!

At the same price as Dream Cream (26.95) I DEFINITELY plan on purchasing once I finish off my stash of Dream Cream and see if this replaces my all time favorite lotion- which I have a feeling, it might!