August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Fragrances - Michel Germain - Sexual

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll admit, the name is what made me pick up the box. And then, of course I looked up the notes. I always seem to enjoy Sophia Grojsman's perfumes, so I thought I'd give this one a try. Wrong pick-up for me.
Far, far too floral, as in my face floral that was relentless and would not dry down at all to anything else. I tried again, and still the same effect.
I enjoy various compositions, as long as they blend well together and eventually mute themselves to something pleasurable on me. (That's what perfume is about, yes, of course.) I was hoping for the cinnamon, the myrhh, perhaps the woods or even the vanilla to come through, but alas, none of it did.
It reminded me of a funeral home so back to the store it went. I'm just not that good with straight-up florals. I've been to too many wakes.
Top Notes: Clementine, Honeysuckle, Apricot, Osmanthus, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Freesia, Jasmine, Rose, Water Lily.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Neroli, Myrhh.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Soft and sexy. I don't know if it's been mentioned in other reviews, but on me this smells just like Flowerbomb! If you like that but want to save some $, try Sexual.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this at Marahallls for a real good price. It smells very similar to Eternity but a bit more refined. Smells fresh and clean. So if you like Eternity, like me, you'll like this. Lasting power is average, but not many perfumes stick on me so I have to reapply every two hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This perfume smells like shampoo. You know, that generic shampoo-y smell you get when you get a lather going in the shower. Floral, a little powdery, and very "clean" without smelling soapy. The floral and clean notes give it an almost sharp feel, although not overbearingly so. This is a Jane Doe scent, not bad, but not very unique or special. I prefer fragrances with more personality, so I don't see myself wearing this much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't wild about the name when buying this but gosh what a nice smell so I couldn't pass it up when I found it in Marshall's during the summer especially being that it was just $15 for the big bottle. This is just super clean and a little goes a long ways! Probably smells the best in summertime but would be nice anytime of year. Very long lasting!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given this perfume as a Christmas gift from one of my work clients. I would've probably never picked this out for myself. The very first day I wore this I received so many compliments on how great I smelled from women and men. Plus my fiance thinks it smells sexy.

I also love the mini spray design, it looks like a fancy lipstick and will easily tuck into any small evening bag or clutch. The lasting power is very good as well and it has just enough sillage, so it's not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my very favourite perfume and my signature fragrance.

This is the first and only fragrance with a vanilla note that I can wear without a raging headache. And the best part? It's a man-magnet. My SO turns into an animal when I wear this, however I don't think he's even aware that it's the perfume.

It opens as a soft, warm floral with osmanthus and honeysuckle, then a slight hint of feminine gardenia and ethereal water lily.

The drydown is where the magic happens. Warm, slightly smoky, gorgeous myrrh, cinnamon and madagascar vanilla mixing with neroli and making the osmanthus even more pronounced and warmly sensual. Then the sandalwood creates a burst of warm, resiny comfort. There's something else in the drydown too, some irresistible animalistic note.

This beautifully blended juice is an aphrodisiac and aromatherapy all in one. All of the Sexual flankers are lovely, but this original is spectacular.

It stays close to the skin, not much sillage, keeping it's mystery. Staying power is fairly good.

A note about dabbing versus spraying - spraying brings out the vanilla *slightly*. If you prefer little or no vanilla, dabbing is perfect. Dabbing also creates more lasting power with this fragrance.

Also, I suspect this might get discontinued soon. It's no longer available in the larger size, and the body lotion and shower gel are no longer sold at The Bay (Canadian department store), although they're still on michelgermain.com

Japanese Osmanthus

Indian Sandalwood
Madagascar Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells sexy, slightly floral, light - a bit 'retro'. It has kind of an 1980's feel to it (don't ask me why!). It is really unlike anything I have tried before...however it isn't to strange or over the top for daytime or summer wear. In fact, this makes a perfect summer evening scent. There are notes in it that are very pleasing, almost comforting and warm. This is definitely one of the top 5 compliment-getting fragrances I own. I would probably repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hot!!

loved it....

cant describe the scent other than...mmmmmmmmmm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

FRAGRANCE NOTES: a combination of exotic florals, cinnamon, myrrh, vanilla and sandalwood.
Very lovely green-floral with oriental tones to it as well due to the spices. I found it to be very longlasting. Could be worn anywhere, its a very versatile scent.