April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells delicious and doesn't dry out your skin whilst cleaning effectively. I use this on my body with a shower poof, lovely! Lasts a while also - though as with all Lush stuff, it's pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my second favorite soap scent from Lush, it smells so amazingly good that I can never stop sniffing it. I only wish it lasted longer on the skin, after a few hours the scent has faded. It's not particularly moisturizing but it does lather well with a washcloth and always makes me happy when I use it. The name is just too cute and the scent is true to name- a beautiful creamy honey scent that makes me feel at home.

As with all Lush soaps, I like that you can ask them to cut you a fresh chunk in whatever size you want and that they give samples upon request. If I were you I'd ask them to cut you a chunk without the honeycomb part, as beautiful as it is. It's very scratchy on the skin and it's a waste to throw out the soap around it because of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not the most moisturizing or lather-y soap ever, but that smell. So amazing. Lush, bring back the perfume, make a lotion with this scent, and I will be the happiest everrrr.......!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

I LOVE this scent! I bought the last years 3-4 bars of soap, and every time I'm near a Lush store I have to buy one! It smells soooo nice! It does leave your skin dry though, but that's an excuse to buy a jar of Dream Cream too!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the scent!!

Literally one of my favorite scents of all time. I could take or leave the effect it has on my skin It doesn't lather the best either in my opinion, but I get it for the scent. The thing is I hate keeping bar soaps in my bathroom, they always get gross and Lush ones get kind of weird. I wish I had the shower gell because that would be infinitely better. Also I don't really understand the point of the beeswax bit on the end.

If you like bar soaps then do not hesitate to try this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

Honey I Washed the Kids was one of my first purchases from LUSH that started my addiction to the brand. That was about four years ago. I still purchase a chunk of this soap every time I am in the store to this day. It is an absolute must have.

I love the smell of HIWTK. Like honey, obviously, mixed with caramel and good enough to eat. It's so sweet but not in a sickly or overpowering kind of way.

It also leaves my skin feeling really clean after using. (If I am being honest, however, I do not know where I have been for the last four years, living under a rock I guess, because I did not know It's Raining Men have the same scent as this soap; well since I discovered that, I no longer use this in the shower). Before I switched over to the shower gel, I used this soap religiously and my only complaint about it is that while it smells amazing on the soap and while you are using it in the shower, the smell does not linger. It's a bit disappointing.

I find this to be better buy than many of other soaps LUSH makes for two really important reasons: 1. It creates a decent lather without too much work, and 2. It does not seem to melt as fast as many of the other soaps do. So I have before, and will continue to repurchase this since it is definitely one of my all time favorite bar soaps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't discovered Lush until just recently! I absolutely love the store. I think their minimalist packaging, recycling protocols and natural ingredients are what drew me to this store in the first place. One of my first purchases was this soap and I must say it smells absolutely divine!! I feel as if I have thrown myself into a tub of honey and have been coated with caramelised sugar. The only downside is that like other reviewers have mentioned this soap melts away so quickly and it is quite expensive. I cut up the bar of soap into smaller pieces, this way I feel it lasts longer and doesn't get icky. I would definitely repurchase however, maybe only as a treat as it is quite expensive for a product that doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by danski1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

This soap is simply divine, I'm not usually a fan of honey/caramel aromas but this has a really fresh, clean scent to it that's almost good enough to eat! The smell fills the whole bathroom when you use it, and it lingers on the skin in a subtle, refreshing way.

The soap lathers really well and I haven't found it drying or irritating on he skin. My only criticism is that it doesn't last very long, I think this could be due to my boyfriend sneakily using it at every given opportunity!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Raeganbrooke98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

All time favorite lush soap it smell lovely rich and buttery kinda carmely something that you imagined pooh eating its not everyone's cup of tea but I love it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by misszb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't get all the hype about this soap. First, I used it in the shower and I didn't like it. It was so drying. Now I am trying to use it up by washing my hands with it, and i still don't like it. It isn't that drying on the hands, but I just don't. And yes, I don't like the smell either, just not my cup of tea.