April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Hot Sets 22 thermal setting mist (heat protect)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very fine blonde processed hair with average volume. I bought this twice. For straightening on my texture of hair it is impossible because the hold is too strong and every single kink shows. I watered it down to half and it was OK for spraying on before putting large hot rollers in. It is good as a finishing spray for holding the curl but if I try to brush it out my hair breaks. If you have fine hair make sure you can return it if you don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by evvybuns

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG styling product! I can get significant root-lift using a brush and blow dryer, which is quite a feat considering that my hair is fine, thin, and straight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have coarse, straight hair that will not hold a curl on it's own for anything, falling flat within an hour.
I got this stuff to use on the most stubborn layers that lay at the nape of my neck - the ones that go back to pin straight by the time I've curled my top layers. I don't use it on top layers, as it IS a super strong hold. I use three half sprays - a small squirt at the top, middle and bottom - comb through, and curl, holding the hair on the iron for about 10 seconds. It doesn't make things crispy if I use a half pump, but if it does it combs out well enough. This stuff does make a small difference - a slight bend holds through the day.
Overall, I'm not terribly impressed. I'll use the bottle up, and maybe try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lxvechloe

Love love love!! My favorite hair product ever! This is truly the only product i've ever used that keeps my hair straight! I have thick coarse hair that refuses to cooperate with anything i put on it except for this product. Can't quite explain how much I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

People seem to be getting crusty with this one, so I thought Iíd write my review.

My hair: baby fine, thin, straight, shoulder length. I've never had a frizzy hair in my life.

I've been looking for years for a product that will truly hold curl in my hair. I have around 15 curling irons, countless sets of hot rollers, cold roller sets and they all have let me down at some point. I saw a review for this product and decided to try it out, figuring that I would end up returning it. The key to this product is LIGHTLY SPRAY. I never thought I'd say this, but if I spray my hair liberally with it, the curls end up looking like how they looked wrapped around the curling iron. If this happens, you have to wash your hair and start again. I have been so happy with this product that I've spent the past 2 months testing it out on my styling appliances.

Curling iron: Again the key here is to LIGHTLY SPRAY. I section my hair and hold the bottle at least Ĺ foot away from my hair, and spray a Ĺ spritz. The key to nice curls is a light and even spray. I wait until Iíve curled my whole hair and then I will comb it lightly with a wide tooth comb. This works for both regular curling irons and conical clipless curling irons. The curls hold until my next hair wash or shower, even if I sleep on them.

Flat iron: Iíve never really used the flat iron for straight hair, Iíve only really used it for fly-aways. What I do now it section my hair and spray it with the hot sets. Iíll comb the hair upwards and flat iron the section completely upwards and then wrap it in a velcro roller. Once my whole hair has been set Iíll wait about 30 mins. When I take the rollers out Iím left with the biggest volume of my life. I donít need to tease, I just lightly brush out my hair and add some shine spray.

Hot roller set: I lightly spray each section before setting my hair in my babyliss ceramic rollers. It gives volume and light curl that lasts until I wash my hair again. Again, very LIGHT SPRAY the key, and Iíve never had a problem with crustiness. I also donít need to spray hairspray after shaking my curls out.

Cold set rollers: Iím still on the fence about using this for cold sets. I donít cold set my hair as often as I should, but when I do itís usually foam rollers or curlformers. I really like Lottabody setting lotion for cold sets, because it leaves my hair curly without the crusties. I havenít figured out how to have with damp hair and cold sets and not get the crusties.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ncwren

Sticky, gummy mess. I have thin, fine textured hair that does not hold a curl-this product did not help and actually just made a mess of my hair. It took several washings and a deep conditioner to get my hair feeling close to normal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. It is very hard to work with. It made my hair look super dry and was very crunchy. My hair was also stuck together in several places. Terrible and expensive ($13)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Coccolina

I usually enjoy Redken products, but this one actually made me mad. It dries too fast, so unless u apply hot iron the very second you spray this stuff on, you will end up with an ugly clutchy section of hair. Also, it is way too overdrying. Will not use or repurchase this product ever again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Redken Hot Sets is the only product that can help me curl my long hair. I can curl and curl and use hot rollers and a really hot curling iron and a bunch of products or hairspray and nothing works like hot sets. I can do the nice "Jessica Simpson" curls with my long hair when I use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by luckycorvettegrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of other Redken products like their All Soft collection as well as their Color Extend and eyed this and decided to give it a shot.

I followed the directions and applied this section by section to my dry hair before I went to iron it with a flat-iron. I was extremely disappointed with how it made my hair feel. It had a greasy effect, and there were crunchy sections because the dispense didn't dispense very well. After continual usage, the dispenser can get clogged up, and this can leave even crunchier spots, so user beware!

Overall, it wasn't light enough for my hair, and I felt like it wasn't worth the $12.