November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phyto Panama shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by SugarBubble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily hair so I thought this would be a good product for me....I really regret buying this...first of all it is sooooo watery...the composition is really like water!!!!!! I have never seen something like this before,to any other shampoo..so it is really difficult to handle with it without run of your hands...after it...it makes my hair dry without any noticable change on my oily hair...I can say it became more oily....I do not recommend this product I expect more from a product that it is also soo expensive!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

The weather has been terribly hot and humid lately that my scalp sweats by midday and my hair is oily. So much so that my scalp itches.

I was scouting for a oily hair/scalp shampoo and decided to go with this as I had pretty good result with it once (forgot which one).

I can shampoo everyday without my hair drying. My scalp has stopped itching.

The only thing I didn't like is how watery it is. I had to use a lot. I might try the method below by making sure my hair is very wet before shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by samara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, this is a nice shampoo. Yes, it is in an aluminium bottle (to avoid plastic from messing up the ingredients), and yes it is watery! BUT, get your hair super wet first, then pour a cap full of the shampoo on the top of your scalp. Massage and get the lather going. I know its a watery shampoo, but it has more lather than any other shampoo, you just have to get it going!
Then I slightly rinse that out half way out, just wanted to get my pre-shampoo going.... Then I pour one more capful, and repour that on my half way sudsy hair. Then re-massage and get huge lather just from those two small capfuls. and I have long hair down my back to my waist.

It makes my scalp feel so nice, calm, and clean. Like when you leave the salon, that clean feeling. My hair (which is fine textured, but have a lot) is now very shiney after this shampoo. And I had a bunch of highlights done to my brown hair, which caused it to go so dry. and this shampoo did great. I did not use conditioner, because when testing a shampoo, I like to use no products and no conditioners first. I think I could use just a tad bit of conditioning on my ends, thats all. But something about this shampoo make your hair very clean and shiney, not dry or anything.

Because I had such a good experience with this, I went and bought several more products from phyto. Will do several more reviews soon! ( I have tried the leave in #7 treatment, and I like it alot on my ends of my hair where the highlights dried it out so bad. There is another leave in #9, thats supposed to be heavier)

Anyway, if youre like me, and most shampoos leave your hair greasy like build up near your scalp, this shampoo was so nice. And unlike a clarifying shampoo like Redken Cleansing cream (which i do, or DID love), your hair still has some bounce to it! I read about phyto YEARS ago, and just never would try it. I wasted so many years of my life on shampoo when its been here all along. lol. I seriously read about it when I was 16 yrs, and now im 27 yrs. Been in search of HG all that time and I think I just nailed it with this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBuyer

I adore this shampoo. I moved recently and needed to find a new salon. When I went in for my first cut I told them I had really oily hair and needed to shampoo it every day (on top of the fact that I blow dry and iron every day as well). They used this shampoo and my hair came out shiny and gorgeous so I bought a bottle and thought I'd see if I could get the same results.

They told me to let my hair absorb a lot of water before I used the shampoo so I wash my body and shave and do anything else I need to first. Then I pour the shampoo into the cap and dump the cap onto my scalp. I have no problem AT ALL getting a rich lather when I do this. My hair dries the same way it did that day in the salon and I can actually get away with not washing my hair here and there, which is amazing because my hair could really use a rest from the torture I put it through!!

The people at the salon also explained that the reason the company puts its shampoo into aluminum bottles is because some of the natural ingredients can interact with plastic and prevent the shampoo from working. It does seem like a silly packaging idea, but if you pour the shampoo into the cap and then onto your scalp your hands won't be soapy and the bottle definitely won't become slippery (I have yet to have this happen). My only fear is finding a travel bottle to put the shampoo in when i travel since you really shouldn't use plastic with it!

I absolutely love this shampoo, don't mind the smell (but I also love tea trea oil and witch hazel), and I would definitely recommend to someone with oily hair!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dogsinfl

I bought this shampoo based on the stellar reviews from people with oily hair. I don't get it - I have to use 3x the product because it's so watery/doesn't lather, I have to shampoo a second time because it doesn't feel clean, it smells medicinal, and the metal container with screw top lid is the dumbest packaging idea I've ever seen for a shampoo (with wet hands I almost drop it every time.) I don't see any better results than any other shampoo; the first day is great, then it degrades. I can usually go 2 or 3 days between shampoos. I also use the phytobaume and the defrisiant from the phyto line and they seem ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by JnnT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this Shampoo!

I have an extremely oily scalp and have tried tons of different shampoos because I couldn't find one that would control it. This one does it and I love that. I try not to use this everyday, but when I travel I make sure to have this with me for the entire duration of the trip. It keeps my scalp/hair oil free and easy to manage. I use 1 capfull and leave it in for about 5 minutes to let it do its job on my roots. It doesn't dry out my hair, so I sometimes don't use a conditioner.

1 bottles lasts me a month if I use it everyday

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Katinka007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I read alout about Phyto hair care products (more or less only raves) and I was thrilled when Phyto became available in my country. Fortunatelly it is also quite reasonably priced here (it is roughly about half the price in US) so i decided to try one of their shampoos.

The first time I tried it my hair felt great. I also didn't mind the packaging. the next time i tried it it left an oily residue in my hair and my hair also felt somewhat crunchy afterwards. But i stil didn't give up on it. I used it again several times but i have never had any good results with it. Eventually i gave it to my friend-and she likes it a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jaws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily scalp and this product leaves it feeling clean. My hair feels light after using this shampoo. I made my boyfriend use it and he noticed the difference too. It is on the expensive side. I like the fact that it comes in a glass bottle (better for recycling and the product does not change due to a reaction with a plastic bottle which can breakdown and leak chemicals into the product) although it does make it harder to use. Overall I find this brand of products does what it says it will do and will and have bought this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2002 1:40:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this line. The phytopanama is great for frequent washing. It gently cleans without stripping your hair. The glass bottle may be annoying, especially if there are little hands that can get to it in the shower, but it does not bother me. Pricey, but worth it. Since using this line, I have not had to cut my hair (in over 8 months) because my hair is in great condition and no split ends, even though I color my hair too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2002 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bebegir162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo! I've been using Phytotherathrie products for half a year now, and it's made such a big difference for my hair. I used to have oily, itchy scalp until I discovered this shampoo. It's main cleansing ingredient is panama wood (65% i think), so it won't strip your hair of it's moisture. I think this product is best for normal to oily hair.