November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Crystal - Plum Fizz

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in one of their holiday palettes. It is the darkest color in the palette so I tried it first for fun. It's hard to explain but it adds a beautiful subtle color to my lips (which are very dark to begin with). It's looks sophisticated but without trying. A really gorgeous lipstick that I will be buying a full sized tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm on tube number 2 of this wonder drug! My love for this color was sealed when, two weeks after a major surgery with plenty of complications, I looked as bad as I felt but my sister, never one to mince words said that my makeup looked great. Other than this lipstick, I wasn't wearing any makeup at all - nothing.This color makes my lips look plush - even better than "MLBB". It's sheer, like I generally prefer lipsticks, but wears down to an attractive stain; there's no ring around the lips. There is the Lauder fig scent (which seems less noticeable in the new formula) but it fades soon after application. I love this color and glad it made the cut for the new formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this lipstick based on the reviews - and I have to say, it even exceeded my expectations -- the color is hard to describe - reddish, plummish, adds alot of natural looking color to my lips. It is softly shiny and the stain it leaves is just a deeper version of my lips. I love the texture, I love everything about it! It is so hard to find a lipstick that makes your lips look exactly how you pictured you would like them to look, and Plum Fizz does exactly that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! Another winner from the Estee Lauder lip products. I purchased this after enthusiastically asking my coworker, "What *are* you wearing?!"...and my love for Plum Fizz was born. I have access to 2 EL counters and last year when I first tried to purchase this, I had to wait nearly 6 months because they kept selling out and even though both counters had one "on hold" for me once the shipment would come in, both stores just happened to not know what happened to it and althought I was furious, another MA made me a generous sample to take home and she said she would make sure I would get the next one that came in. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool, dark hair, and pigmented lips. This is such a lovely and beautiful berry/plummy/with a hint of red shade that is oh so sexy. I love the formula, too....I think the formula and color is an updated version to my beloved All Day lipstick in Maplesugar. This wears nicely, doesn't dry out the lips., offers a hint of sheen, and is versitle. It looks very dark in the tube but it is not...it is actually quite sheer but you can apply it sheer or with a heavier hand, apply it darker for a very polished "going to the ball" type of glamour. It does have a slight scent but nothing too overpowering for my sensitive allergies. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hiigherlearning

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mom actually gave me this l/s because she didn't like it, and oh man am I glad she did! :) Beautiful purple/berry color, a lot less dark on than it looks in the tube... not drying at all and it stays on all day because I think it actually stains the lips. The packaging is really nice too, even though I'm not really into the gold all that much- it's very glamorous/expensive looking... I have to admit I kinda like pulling this baby out in public (what's even more awesome is the fact that I didn't even have to buy it!). :)!! I really like this l/s though and would definitely try more EL products based on the quality of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! My mother bought one of these and I thought she started tippling before shopping. I mean - a deep purple lipstick that has a glitzy gold outer layer? She's a beautiful woman but she's 70 and not prone to going Goth. Then I saw how it went on and my eyes got big - soft plummy shininess! Then she said "Oh, I really got it for you." Squee! I pounced. This is so silky and light - like Lauder's Electic Intense but even ligthter feeling. For all that it's not at all heavy or sticky, you still get moisture from it. Pure Crystal is a staining lipstick, which is so good because you'll have color even after the initial application is gone. The shade is a lovely wearable plum that's great over a nude pencil, or on its own. The shine is nice - not too dramatic, but definitely there. It fades to a believable pink on the lips. So. Nice. Big splurge but faboo. Now I have a perfect plummy lipstick, a perfect bronze (Clinique's Long Last Soft Shine in Amberglass - also a light texture lipstick) and I'm just happy as can be.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 3:46:00 PM More reviews by RachelDKT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as part of a GWP purchase palette and I love it. softer than l/s, which is great for someone like me who doesn't like gloss. more like a stain. Has good staying power. Looks very dark purple in the pan, but is much more berry colored on me. Will definitely purchase when I use the sample up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much. Normally i prefer gloss or tinted balm to actual lipstick. this is a soft stain which goes on sheer, but beleive me there is plenty of pigment. I love that it's reall ymoisturizing. In the tube it looks like a standard plum shade but it goes on much prettier. It's a little pinker than i expected but in a good way. and it leaves a stain behind. the color/stain reminds me of eyeko strawberry fat balm. this smells fruity too! i am definitely going to buy more of these and the vinyl gloss sticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 3:38:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I absolutely LOVE the Pure Color Crystal lipsticks- they're the perfect combination of gloss and colour, in my opinion. Totally luscious texture, yummy scent, and beautiful packaging.

Plum Fizz is a sheer but pigmented deep plum-red shade. Gives a lovely intense effect without being too gothic, and the pretty gloss really softens the otherwise dramatic colour. Moisturising on the lips, and gradually fades to a pleasing sort of berry stain. continued >>