April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Arabian Bright

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

I've been using henna for about six years now, and this is without question the best there is! It smells amazing, and gives the greatest, shiniest glowing hair you can possibly acquire. If they stop making this I will cry for days. Not for shrinking violets - it really is red! But I adore it, absolutely. You need a friend to help apply it - my lovely hubby does it for me, Mmm! You really need to grate this before use, which takes a lot of effort but it's so worth it!! I can't rave enough about this stuff! Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in the bath while I stretch out and relax with bubbles, a face-mask on, and a glass of wine too, and think it's a brilliant and unique product.....it's a nice little "pepper-upper" of my dyed red hair between colour treatments. It doesn't add much colour, but it makes what you've got look a little bit more reddish and vibrant. Don't know how it works on un-treated hair, but if you're a bottle-red already, this definitely makes a noticable difference to a fading barnet. It also seems to give my scalp a bit of conditioning and stops any flakiness I'm experiencing, perhaps that's down to the rassoul mud in it....I'm actually not at all a fan of the smell of Arabian Brights(I like spicy scents generally, but usually only those with a sweet undertone, and I find this one kinda savoury - smells like curry but not in a good way) - but the scent does not stay in the hair, thankfully, so it's well worth putting up with a bit of a yukky curry whiff in order to benefit from the skin and hair softening red highlight effect I get from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by arvejita

Meh. Only thing I like about this is the smell, but it did little to moistuize my processed hair. Won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ekitney

I like the smell of this, but it has little to no Henna coloring effect. Yes, it does condition well, but it ends up being very expensive, if you have long hair it takes 1/2 to 3/4 the tub. If you can deal with the mess of this product, just use regular Henna, cheaper and more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Tippchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually love the way this product smells. I know it's not for everyone but I actually think it's lovely. But does it work? Yes, it adds a nice bit of red and conditions the hair, which is what it's supposed to do. I find I get an average of 3-4 uses out of each container and I have hair that goes past my shoulders. There is a rumour that it's being discontinued but I hope it's just a rumour!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

Last year, I've caca'd my hair with a combination of marron and brun. Thought it would be a good idea to buy a treatment to enhance the henna color. It's supposed to add some more red glints to your hair, but it didn't do anything. The first time I used it, I left it in for about 15 minutes and the second time for more than 30 minutes. Because I didn't notice anything, I threw the brown, smokey smelling stuff away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by puppylove

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed thoughts about this. On the one hand, this stuff *does* make my hair look shinier, and it adds subtle auburn tints. However, it takes half of a $13 pot to cover my thick, long hair, and the smell is less than appealing - to me it smells very strongly of olives (not olive oil or exotic spices, just flat-out like olives). Despite the drawbacks, I think I would repurchase this from time-to-time, although I've heard rumors that it might be discontinued. :\

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by murki

This did absolutely nothing for my hair. I've used henna for a long time (15 years) and this did squat. Didn't even condition, again, because of the sodium lauryl sulfate Lush uses in all their conditioners which is a foaming/stripping agent. I don't get it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 12:32:00 PM More reviews by trixie88

I love this stuff! I have dark brown hair and it makes it glossy and gives it a subtle reddish tint. It has a strong Frankincence & Vanilla scent, so you might want to smell it at the store first. I love putting it on my hair and sitting in the bath with it. The SA told me the tub was good for 4 washes, but I think it's good for at least 8. I paid $14 for a 7.9 oz. plastic tub and I only needed a small palm full each time. I'll repurchase when I'm through with this one. :0)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2005 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

I thought this treatment would be great for my brownish-red hair, but I get better results using "ordinary" henna mixed w/ some lemonjuice and a regular conditioner. My own "mixture" gives my hair more shine and is so much cheaper!