December 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Lip Nutrition - Vanilla Replenish Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

I'm suprised that such a low percentage of reviewers would buy this product again. I adore this lip balm. I own all of the Neutrogena lip balm flavors, Berry Smooth, Mango Moisture, and this one, Vanilla Replenish. The smell is so pleasantly subtle. It goes on smoothly and I find that it keeps my lips well moisturized. No real complaints there. All three of the balms have a completely different texture. Berry smooth is very creamy and it's also the thickest. Mango moisture is the most waxy and is somewhat similar to vaseline. Vanilla Replenish is the only one that fits the description of a "balm". It's not too thick or greasy. I didn't find it to be sticky although some reviewers did. I haven't been using this one long enough to determine if I prefer it best. However I do really like it's effect on my lips. They're smooth and never chapped. If you can track it down, try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to have one of these, but I lost it, and I've been missing it ever since, because I can't seem to find it anywhere now. I don't really know what all the bad reviews are about. My tub had the nicest smelling and most moisturizing lip goo I've ever used in it. I used to love slathering it on about 20 times a day because it smelled and felt so good. I had almost hit the bottom of the tub. I really wish I hadn't lost it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for quite a while, maybe a couple of years now. I keep buying it over and over but it is starting to get harder to find and now drugstore.com doesn't even carry it anymore. I guess they are going to stop making it? Isn't that just my luck..

It goes on thick and not slimey or sticky, it just has a perfect consistancy. It keeps my lips healthy and I never get chapped or sore lips. I put it on every night, but use different balms during the day that has spf in them.

I will continue to buy this until they no longer make it, which seems to be the case.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

do not like this what so ever..
i have 3 different flavors..that is over 20 bucks down the drain at over 8 a pop

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I tried this since it was on sale at Target, and I love just about anything with vanilla in the name. It was an average performing lip balm, but it smells great. I mostly used this at night or when making a quick run to the store. I also have this in mango and berry smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by xfoxglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are a lot of negative reviews for this product and I can understand why. The consistency isn't the best -- it's kind of waxy and thick. It tastes pretty awful.

But I use it overnight and it has helped with my lips. When the winter changes I get chapped lips, they're not cracked or peeling, but the feel of them changes, they almost feel rough. And a lot of chapsticks I have tried feel good when they're on, but I have to keep using them and if I stop, they are worse than before.

I put this on overnight. I apply a generous layer and make sure it is applied all over, putting it in the corners of my mouth and on the edges. It has been helping.

This product isn't terrible for this use, but I feel like I could find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

This product really is not that bad but it's honestly meant for what it says. Half the bad reviews for this product is due to assumption that because it's for an overnight" treatment it means its more moisturizing and people would conclude this is some miracle product they should test out for the day... I bought it solely for an overnight treatment and it works so I can't say anything too bad about it.

It is heavy and thick which is more suited for something to wear before going to bed but it works. No need for exfoliating lips in the morning or moisturizing before applying lip products and helps a lot during the winter if your lips are chapped and you need them to be in good condition for special occasions the next day. I wear this at night and it works well, because it's thicker than most balms it stays put during sleep. Would I wear this during the day? No, I didn't buy it for that reason nor would I suggest it. I take off one lippy because the packaging sucks. The pot is tiny for such a thick product that I would be happier if it was just a wider pot or came with some sort of applicator, so far I need my own clean lipbrush or a cotton swab.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

Ugh...WAY too sticky! Nice smell, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by asdlkj121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first, i hated this.. too waxy, hard, stinky....
but i realized it was only the top layer that was so horrible.. once you get past that icky, waxy, mildew-ish layer, it's really great. much softer, smells nicer, and it's very moisturizing. i love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Belle18244

I hated this product. The pot the product is in is the worst! Very hard to get the lip balm out, I had to scrap the stuff out with my nails. And worse then that it did nothing for my lips except maybe make them dryer. Will never buy again!