October 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Lip Gloss - SinfulColors - Wild and Crazy Lipgloss

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are great creamy colors. I got mine from a local beauty supply boutique for $1.50 each (more than other reviewers here). It's a very creamy formula that's glossy but not wet or gloppy like other lipglosses.. it's thick & stays put w/o being too sticky & even though it applies richly like a liquid cream lipstick, the colors are sheer & adjustable. The formula on my lips feels very light as if I'm not wearing anything at all, but my lips feel comfortable as if I had chapstick on them. They never feel naked.

As someone else said before, the packaging looks like a laboratory test tube. It's okay but feels a little bit flimsy, like the wand is going to pop out of the cap at any minute. The traditional sponge-tip lipgloss wand is small & holds just a little lipgloss, just enough for a sheer wash of color, but a second layer is needed for a greater punch of color.

Most of the colors smell like strong rich cocoa (I smelled them all) but the intensity dissipates after a few minutes. One color I bought, 'Crush,' smells heavily of vanilla. The clear glosses smell of different fruits marked on the label. The moist-lips effect lasts for hours but the color gently wears away over time, becoming fainter in color & the texture stickier & less glossy.

My favorite shade 'Drama Queen' is a metallic-looking purple that looks scary in the tube but applies beautifully sheer & flattering to the lips. Most of the shades are frosty & a few are cremes. I love the way the formula is very gentle to lips, very moisturizing not at all drying, & that the colors can be applied very sheer like a stain (albeit shiny & moist).

The colors look darker in the tube than they apply on the lips. Looking at the gloss along the length of the wand applicator as you take it out of the tube gives you an idea of the color you'll get on your lips. Remember all of these are sheer but buildable.

'Carnival' is a beautiful ruby red.
'Crush' is a frosty iridescent mother-of-pearl nude.
'Amore' is a shimmering mauve.
'Melt In You' is an iridescent orange-red.
'Absolute Lip' is a shimmery berry red.
'Chocoberry' is a brown cream with a touch of cherry.
'Mud Sparkle is a frosty brownish mauve.

There are lots of other colors in this line, no doubt something to suit every mood & taste. I hope I don't find any bug parts in mine! I really like these.

The company name may have changed, as these are labeled Mirage Cosmetics not Sinful, but the product description & color names are the same, so I know this is the same product as in past reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2006 10:19:00 AM More reviews by thriftygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews here, I decided I had to try these. I was a bit nervous that they weren't safety sealed (and some had obviously been tried), but I found one in Strawberry Sherbert that didn't appear used. The smell reminds me a little of Play-doh, but is tolerable. I did have some trouble with the wand not pulling out enough gloss, though. (I ended up prying out that ring around the opening.) Overall, for the price it's an excellent gloss. So why the low score, then? One day, after reapplying this, I noticed this black speck stuck in the gloss on my lips. When I wiped off my gloss I realized it looked like a dead bug; I thought it might have been a fluke. But when I went back to Long's I found one of the clear glosses on the shelf had a fruit fly suspended in the bottom. (Too bad they wouldn't let me buy it; it looked kind of neat.) I really like this gloss, but bugs are a deal-breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ditto to what everyone has said. I have three glosses, Redfull, Chocoberry and the other one is a medium brown (the color sticker wore off). I love the texture since they are not too sticky. I also like the fruity/vanilla-ish smell. The applicator is slanted, which I like but I prefer a brush applicator. Cheap...about .79-.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Queenie_Wahine

I love love love these glosses! I found a little section of this in longs and had to buy some! for 89 cents who wouldnt?!?! So I have strawberry sherbert, kachina, and hawaiian punch! completely satified w/all 3 and I plan to buy more later on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tygerlyly311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely nuts about this lipgloss...I have it in Nude Gold, Strawberry Sherbert, and Pinky Candy. It isn't sticky at all, which I can't say about most of my other lipglosses that cost me at least $5. With the exception of Pinky Candy, they smell great. The colors are great and sheer, which is good for me because I have bigger lips. Love this stuff, can't wait to stock up again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really, Really, like this. I used to use Covergirl wetslicks in "iced berry". I liked the color--but it was kinda frosty. Also, 5.00 is a little pricey for lipgloss IMO because it doesn't last as long as lipstick generally. This was only .99 at Kmart and it is the exact same shade(minus so much frost). It's called "crush" a very lovely YLBB shade of bronzy mauve. Smells like vanilla.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

I got this in "browny cream", and it is an exact knock-off of MAC's "shock-o-late". Like someone else said, it's more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. It's a great chocolate and nude lip for any darker skinned women. I take a lipstick off though for the nasty waxy smell. But you can't complain for 99 cents! I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great little gloss. I've had this for several months now and it has held up well. This comes in a tube that reminds me of a test tube, with a silver cap that holds the soft-tipped wand. I picked up "White Russia", a kind of taupe color...greyish-beigeish with shimmer. It sounds like it would look disgusting, but on the lips it is very sheer with lots of shine and shimmers...it is a little sticky, but not too much, because it feels very smooth while wearing. You do have to reapply after a couple of hours or after a meal, although it does stay on fairly well. I can't really detect a taste, but it does smell good, rather like a vanilla wafer.

I bought this at Meijer for 99 cents. They had a big display...mostly funky colors geared more towards preteens and teenagers, but a few wearable neutrals and a clear. I mostly use Burt's Bees stuff now on my lips, but I do wear this sometimes for certain occasions. A fun little gloss that won't break your bank! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2004 6:06:00 PM More reviews by cariscierley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great lipgloss. It is so highly pigmented. It's exactly what I want. The perfect hybrid of lipgloss and lipstick. The best color I've tried so far is "Baby X". It's an orange-copper metallic. When I wear it, it looks like I've layered metallic lipstick with lipgloss over it, but in one easy coat. I hope these don't go away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

If you are looking for some fun colors to try and don't want to spend the $, then check this brand out. Lots of interesting colors, oranges, purples, bright pinks, etc. I bought a safe color called Spicy, kind of like it sounds, a deeper brownish color. This is a decent gloss, doesn't taste or smelly funky to me, so that's a plus. It was only 88 cents, so how could I pass it up?