Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Lotion

2.2

on 3/24/2013 3:49:00 PM

VERY ORANGE! Beware of this product, you will look like a carrot! Not a natural brown color on the skin ; (

on 12/15/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't remember if it was this particular one or some other similar lotion that self-tanning by Neutrogena but it smelled god awful. Not only did I smell for a week like some nasty ass chemicals, but it left me all streaky and orangey so that I used a brillo pad to try and scrub it off in 2 different showers the same day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very pale and got the Medium-Dark shade.
Smells tangy like grapefruit
Helps hold LOReal spray tanner (I use as a base)
Streaky
Orangey
Not lasting alone

**I only apply this to freshly washed skin with very wet hands to sort of "dilute" the product so I don't look orange streaked. Then I use the LOReal spray tanner over it

on 3/9/2008 11:00:00 AM

I thought this was an instant tan lotion so I bought it at the drugstore expecting some colour for my night out. Turns out it's more of a gradual tanner so I had colour the next day. I had no streaking and no orange and the colour looked very natural on my face too. The only problem is that it discoloured my white clothes. I won't be repurchasing because I paid $9 for such a tiny bottle that is half empty after 2 uses. I'd rather pay $11 for my Vaseline self tanner which didn't dirty my clothes and it has a better smell.

on 4/20/2007 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmmm.. I don't know if anyone is talking about the same one... the lotion in the small orange bottle? I love it!!! It's not as dark as I would like it to be... but I'm quite pale and it makes me into a medium skin tone (but i love really dark tans anyway) ... I use it everyday or every second day after i get out of the shower. It's not orange and it does not streak..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Neutrogena was the first brand of self tanner that i tried, and soon gave up on over 10 years ago. Then I was unemployed and had to cut back on my beauty budget and tried it again last year. BIG MISTAKE. It still smells vile, still streaks, leaves orange marks, and what little color it did provide washes off in the shower after a day. The worst self tanner out there in my opinion. I'd rather be pale than use this stuff, lol.

on 6/19/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I don't know what's up with this product, but it was better several years ago. Now it is horrible. I used #2 Med, woke up with a streaky tannish orange mess on my legs, uneven color just about everywhere, This after heavy moisturizing, after exfol. Will never use this again. I don't want to pay dept. store $$ for a ST, so I just bought the Aveeno Radiance based on your positive reviews. Hope it's a 5 for me too!

on 5/27/2006 6:39:00 PM

I'm really pale and this did not turn me orange...nor was it streaky. BUT I would definetly recomend exfoliating allover with a scrub brush and a grainy scrub beforehand, or you might get streaks. Also, you should moisturize well in the days before you apply the sunless tanning lotion, and dilute the tanner with regular lotion when you put it on your feet, elbows, knees etc...I would recommend this...but be really careful and rub it in well...the smell isnt the greatest lol

on 10/24/2005 7:17:00 PM

Liked the Neutrogena build a tan concept, so I thought this would be a good product as well. (Maybe I wanted to really really get cheap and get a deeper color fast rather than build one.) Well it definitely gave a color that I was not expecting - maybe a little too yellow/unnatural. Go for the build a tan its better overall. My friends said I looked a little like I was sunless tanning - rather than that good glow. Not happy with the product considering the others in the lineup are better.

on 8/12/2005 2:08:00 PM

The worst self tanner ever!! All Neutrogena ST's are Horrible!! I gave up on ST's for years thanks to their products!! Until this year I tried other products and realized you CAN have a fake tan and look good too!! This comes out VERY streaky and turns orange. Also, most of it washes down the drain when I take a shower leaving me as pale white as I was before I applied it. Will Never Ever repurchase this crap again!!