July 31, 2014 | 1874 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Smoothers Eyeliner in Sterling Sage

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Weird color. Very vibrant and bold but too bold for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by chocodcocoa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the most horrible pencils I've ever used...
Does not go on smoothly, it tugs at my eyelids, crumbles into nothing when I try to sharpen it...
The color is bright and sooooo pretty though, which is the reason why I decided to try this pencil from covergirl (not a fan), and I was really disappointed.
It is just too difficult trying to get the color on my lids without the pencil falling apart all over my face. Also, once I do get the color on my lids (which took forever), it does not stay! The liner disappeared after 2 hours, and I was nowhere near the sun or heat...
Would never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Music_Is_Love

I've bought this color twice. Since it was so inexpensive, I bought it the first time just because the cap was a nice color. I use it as an eyeshadow rather than an eyeliner most of the time, since the tip often brakes off, making it too think to use as a liner. It's got a somewhat crumbly consistency, but for the few dollars I paid for it, I really don't mind. (I'm also puzzled by the name, but I bought this before actually bothering to find out what it was called, haha)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecember

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous, very shimmery aqua/turqoise blue color. I love using it it under my eye along my bottom lash line. My only gripe is that it is a little too soft and doens't stay on as much as I'd like it too so it's nto worth it to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

urgh. I returned this as soon as I tried it on. The color is too glittery (brown/silver/green) rather than shimmering, and it did not go on smoothly as well. I'll stick to NYX's jumbo eye pencils. Their Horseradish is what sterling Sage should have been...smooth and shimmerly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

Sometimes I really have to wonder if the people who categorize CG colors as warm/cool/neutral do so while standing in a bat cave at sundown. This was marked as a "warm" shade, so I expected it to be more green, but it is really a frosty ocean-blue that I'd consider neutral or even cool. Not the greatest on a yellow-toned PPP with brown hair and eyes, but it does go on very smoothly and gives an illuminating pop of color. It's on the pale side, not a true jewel tone, but nice for summer. The ultra-soft formula doesn't last worth a darn unless you set it with a similar color of powder shadow. Kind of a fun color to play with, but not a high-performance product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jenleeb3

so gorgeous! i have big green/blue eyes, and it outlines my upper lid perfectly. makes your eyes pop. i made the mistake of applying it after my masacara because it flaked a bit onto my lashes, so definitely apply it before mascara. i know it will be hard to sharpen, but the CG sharpener works well for this. this is my first time venturing out from my standby blackest black eyeliner for nighttime, and im glad i did! it isn't too dramatic, unless you want it to be (apply more).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by BerryDelicious

Such a beautiful turquoise! Not very good at describing colours, but it's vibrant without being OTT and goes really well with my MMM complexion and brown eyes. I love to wear it with Benefit Lash Lovies in Breathless, which is a really pretty violet - perfect match!

The pencil is great, it really does go on smooth and stays on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 6:01:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

"Sterling Sage" isn't named very well since Sage gives the impression that it is a green shade. Completely wrong. This is a gorgeous turquoise shade, similar to Jane's Millionaire eyezing, but without glitter, and more blue. The color is wonderful and I would buy it again just for that. It goes on pretty smoothly but the eyeliner is so soft it tends to soften after a while of usage. Very pretty though and cheap! I'd love to try this in other shades.