August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lip Treatments - Almay - Pure Tints -Pink Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 5:03:00 AM More reviews by PeachyLichee

One of my necessities! I have this in 04 Nude, and with the SPF of 25, I love it even more! It really brightens me up when I look dead tired. It's a dark pink tone with a hint of brown. For all liptints or lipsticks, I dab on a bit of petroleum jelly just so I could "layer" a lipstick or tint and control on how much I'd like to have. In a slim, 4 inch package, it's really easy to slip into your purse and is impossibly bulky. The real plus side to this is that the SPF did NOT break my lips out compared to Neutrogena's MoistureShine Lipbalm.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Kay30

Yeech. This stuff was really drying and crumbly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by maxdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice lip colour with a great SPF (25). I have this in Nude which is a brownish nude. Don't really like that it can't retract, so be careful you don't push out too much. Great price point tho. Nice for an easy to do lippie day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Average.
It's kind of heavy and waxy feeling with no bonus smell or tingle.
The shimmer/tint WAS pretty, but it just didn't feel, smell, or taste good enough to compete with Burt's bees with a small slip of Rimmel lipstick in Disco. Bringing me to a grand total of $3.50 as opposed to the $5.50 of the disappointing Almay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The one I have is #4, Nude. (not pink nude). I like it. Reminds me of Almay "Healthy", a color I liked a lot and was sad they discontinued. Very YLBB, natural shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 2:36:00 AM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OK. I use it b/c I like the high SPF and a great tint, however it is very drying. Also, Almay charges too much for the amount they give you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2004 6:46:00 AM More reviews by brunette_chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Almay products aren't widely available where I live but, I found a small section. This lipstick first attracted me because of the cute pink tone, I loved it. To shorted this review The colour got a good review but, the lipstick itself wasn't long lasting and went a bit dry after about 10 minutes so I had to keep applying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh. This was OK. I guess.

The texture wasn't my favorite, too waxy; the color was much too orange to be called "Pink Nude"; the smell and incidental taste left lots to be desired. It does have sunscreen, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2003 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lisacarmel

I don't know, I just was not impressed by anything about this. The packaging is really cheap and hard to manuever the product out sometimes. The color was a little too thick for a "tint" and too pinky to be called a pink nude. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why the heck is this limited edition? Does Almay take some sick pleasure in releasing the most wearable shades for a fleeting moment before snatching them away and tossing them into the depths of discontinuation hell? That's just a bit cruel. In any event, Pink Nude is the only Pure Tint I've purchased, due to the good reviews, since the others all sounded way too opaque and bright for my liking. The Good: It's a medium beigey-pink (more pink than beige) MLBB that is neutral to warm-toned, with a hint of gold shimmer, and will go with just about anything. The Bad: It doesn't feel particularly moisturizing--in fact, it feels a bit dry on my lips, like a lipstick. The Ugly: The packaging. I don't really like these slimline tubes, because I have larger lips and it takes forever to coat them with something the size of a pencil eraser. And the product doesn't retract once you've raised it, so be careful with that. On the whole, I'm glad I tried it and will keep it in the car for when I need a quick hit of colour, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to purchase again--not that that's even possible, since it's LE. Evil.