December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Prairie - Cellular Hydrating Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was expecting intense hydration. This product was overloaded with fragrances that made my "resilient" skin itch and burn... Persevered to no avail. Get a sample if you can before regretting it. Even if my skin didn't react I felt that the moisture wasn't amazing. A definite no go!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this product on and off for 10 yrs. I use this serum a.k.a it is a cream for me.I tend to use this product in summer. From La Prairie range I only use this one since in my opinion the other products from LP are a waste of money esp the platinium range. It contains anti-oxidants and a good doze of cell -communicating ingredients. It contains petrolum but it is not an issue for me. Downside it is the price however a bottle lasts roughly one yr.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product because there isn't anything harmful in the ingredients except for Methylparaben which is so far down the list it doesn't really matter. I was hesitant at first because I have oily skin, but one drop of this gives me a radiance.

I noticed Sodium Hyaluronate is pretty high on the list and that is supposed to be really good for your skin. I recommend to people of all skin types!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was given a deluxe 5 ml sample because I told SA that my skin reacts to products a lot and said that I want to try them first before spending $200+ on it.
Luckily I did because this product didn't impressed me at all
Pros:
+ Feels nice on skin (but all other serums do too)
+ Moisturises well
+ Nice bottle with pump (even tester)

Cons:
- BROKE ME OUT! I got lots of big red blemishes under my nose and on my chin. I only used to get small whitish breakout if the product was clogging my pores. But never so badly esp. on my lower half of the face.
- I found scent pretty unpleasant
- Very expensive, not worth $200+! You can get something similar for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost. Cheaper but still higher-end serums like Estee Lauder Idealist and Clinique Turnaround performed way better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by changja2

Of all my facial treatments, this is my absolute favorite. I mostly use this from fall through spring, once at night, when my skin gets dry and flaky patches from seasonal change. (If I use this before the weather changes, it prevents the dry/flaky patches.) It moisturizes wonderfully for a serum. As this is a serum, you still need to use moisturizer on top.
It is quite pricey but I usually use one pump a day and the whole product usually lasts 6 months or so.

The texture is soft and silky with a very light fragrance.

It is also great for plane rides (all that recirculating air is drying) - you can bring this on your carry-on as it is only 1.7 fluid oz.

I would cry if LP every discontinued this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by artisticrefinement

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good hydrating serum. I am a 22 year old male. I have been using this serum for a week now and my skin is really enjoying the treatment. I will continue using this through the fall and winter. Gives great moisture to dry thirsty skin. It's a star in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've just been thought one bottle of this. Lovely light texture, worked wonders on my patch of dry skin, which for a while was red and weepy, brought on by Shu Uemura's primer which contains some agreesive SPF. This serum calmed it down in just a few nights, which is amazing considering it feels so gentle and is oil free. Overall, my face seems a little bit more hydrated since starting to use the serum. Nothing dramatic though, apart from above mentioned dry patch. Don't think I will purchase again. Unless my dry patch returns and no other serum can sort it out. Too expensive for what it does, even though it does last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by oinkers

I have combination skin and every winter my skin gets excessively dry. This is the only product that has worked for me. I use it every winter and it'll last for the whole season. If I use it in any other season, I'd break out. I highly recommend it if you need a quick fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice hydrating serum. I have very oily ance-prone skin and my skin is very picky when it comes to moisturizers.

I'm using acne treatment products all the time (SA, BPO, AHA, and recently mandelic acid) which leave my skin with dry patches. Normal moisturizer can't help with this. The dry parts are very visible when I wear foundation. La prairie cellular hydrating serum is very light weight, absorbs quickly. I am now using it on top of mandelic acid 10% (non-alcohol) and it does solve the problem of dryness.

I believe that even it's only a hydrating serum and other brands also have a similar range, some brands are not more expensive than others for no reasons. Since this serum does the job and is not harmful for my skin I'm gonna buy it again despite the price tag !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by maia25

I always carry this when I travel - it is the best thing against skin dehydration from flying. And I fly quite regularly. I don't use it on a daily basis, my skin doesn't need it, so a bottle lasts me a long time, but I'll definitely keep repurchasing.