October 21, 2014 | 877 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Hilly76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this styling glaze for years and i love it. I use it in combination with the Paul Mitchell the conditioner. it does not flake an defines my curls very well. I does not make my hair hard and leave it flexible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so glad I read the positive reviews here and bought this product. I was desperately trying to find something to tame my frizzy, wavy, thin, fine hair and give it smoothness and shine without weighing it down. Serums are too heavy and even Paul Michell's Potion 9 makes my hair greasy by the second day. But Super Sculpt not only makes my hair shiny and soft, but also, gives it body and doesn't turn it into an oil-slick by day-2. This stuff is a truly a gift for fine hair that can't handle the heavy stuff. Only problem: for me, Super Sculpt was hard to find. Trade Secrets appears to carry every Paul Mitchell product except for this one (DO NOT mistake it for the Scupting Lotion which Trade Secrets does carry). I finally found it at a small hair products store where I got a huge bottle for $11.99. Can't beat that!
If you can't find it anywhere, Amazon carries it.
I use a quarter-sized dollop for my fine, collarbone-length hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product, on & off, for years and just recently re-discovered it. Love it! I have lots of fine, mostly straight hair w/ a slight bend/wave in some parts. My hair is shoulder length, layered and currently is my natural dark blonde color. I use PM SS every day, after I shampoo & condition and before I blow dry. It does not build-up or dry my hair out. Super Sculpt makes my hair more manageable, adds shine, some texture, some body and some holding power. Since my hair is fine it has a tendency to appear messy at times and PM SS gives it a more "defined" and controlled appearance. I use it to create a shiny, sleek look but also to help hold a more wavy, tousled look. Great product!!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I managed to snag a 100% free bottle of this over the summer for less than $10. I use this on wet hair, scrunching in quarter sized blobs over Redken Ringlet. The combo really brings out my curls/waves and even through it dries a bit crunchy, I have no frizz and lots of shine. When my hair is dry, I just scrunch out the crunch and my curls look awesome. It washes out easily and doesn't dry my hair out. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. At first I use a serum or oil then Paul Mitchell sculping foam and then super sculpt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Would I repurchase this product again? a huuuge YES! This is the very first Paul Mitchell product I have tried and I can't believe I haven't tried his products before. His products have been around for decades and is popular but I don't know what it is about hyped up, popular product, I just tend to gravitate away from it. I normally wouldn't tried out a product called Super Sculpt, to me it sounds like it would give me helmet head but it's quite the opposite. This keeps my hair soft and shiny and the texture is a watery gel. This has started my obsession with PM products and I've been trying out a ton lately with their convenient travel sizes. This product is awesome, it's the only product I've tried that almost completely eliminates my frizz which has never happened before. I have wavy hair that is more loose waves now that my hair is getting longer. It tends to get dry and very frizzy but also gets weighed down easy with products and can look stringy very easily. I apply this on towel dried hair, scrunching it in, either on top of a styling cream or by itself. Normally I would never use just one product to air dry my hair but this stuff is that good. This gives you light definition (I stress the word light), eliminates frizz, doesn't weigh hair down, doesn't leave my hair feeling dry, hair is touchable and gives awesome shine. What more could you ask for?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by KTkt44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! It's my all time favorite hair gel. It never leaves flakes and keeps the frizzies away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beyond having a quicker drying time than most products I use (I have a lot of curly hair, which can easily take all day to fully dry), this glaze didn't do much for my hair that I couldn't achieve from other products.

I did note, however, that it didn't produce any flakes, even though I used a lot of it at one time.

It has a fairly watery consistency, which is good for those who don't like their hair to feel weighed down. It provided some definition, but I wonder if it's meant for straight/wavy hair as opposed to curly/very curly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It provides enough styling product without weighing my super fine hair down. I use this to blow dry, to curl my hair (hot rollers), or just wear it in my hair for a natural wavy look. You get alot for your money, and this product is not like gel where it flakes or gives hair a unnatural stiff look. I first used this product back in 1998, and its still one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mother of all HGs! I use this along with Super Skinny Serum. Since I gotten my perm recently (my 3rd or 4th time perming), my hairdresser recommended a serum and hair glaze. After reading rave reviews about Paul Mitchell on MUA, I couldn't wait to get my hand on this. Great product at a great price. This bottle will last me a while since a little goes a long way. My hair comes out looking great especially since I blow dry my hair every day. I tend to use this oon my mid-shaft, though I may need to start considering to use all over and much more product. Yay to Paul Mitchelle. Please dont discontinue.