MAC Craving

4.6

I have absolutely fallen in love with this lipstick ... It was an impulse buy without even trying it on but it's such a natural shade, I wish I'd known about it earlier. I'm nc30 and this lipstick makes me feel like it's my lip shade but better. I haven't tested for longevity yet so let's see!

This was the first shade I ever bought from MAC, and I adore it!
The vanilla smell is wonderful and the shade stays on the lip perfectly (unless you drink something).
Honestly, MAC has a good reputation and that's for something

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used up Revlon HD lipstick in Primrose and though it was a nice color on my NC35 complexion it doesn't have great lasting power. So I decided to give Mac Craving a try. Mac Craving is easy to apply due to its creamy Amplified formula and even though it's not a matte it's lasting power is good. Also, when it does eventually fade it leaves its color gracefully on the lips.

Craving can be worn lightly to bring a touch of color to your face or as a full on lipstick application since this is so opaque.

When I wear it I pair it with Nyx Stockholm on top.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favourite Mac lipstick so far! I love the colour and it's not too dry on my lips. I wear it with a light coloured pencil underneath for a bit extra grab and I find it lasts a long time, even through drinking and light eating but that would probably depend on how much I applied to begin with. It is a rosie plum colour which really complements my NW20 skin tone. It can be a bit of a bold colour if applied heavily so I wouldn't wear it with heaps of eye makeup on. My bf loves this one on me too! Even though some would say it's more of a winter/fall colour I would disagree. I think it's still bright enough to wear in spring and summer. Great for office, morning or evening wear. You can dress it up or down. I simply love it!

For some reason, I have a love-hate relationship with this lipstick. It's the kind of shade I either like or dislike depending on the mood or weather.

Craving is an MLBB to me. True to how users describe it, it's a pinky burst of plum. No problem with the texture and color payoff - as an amplified finished lippie, it's non-drying, glides comfortably and opaque.

This is my 2nd MAC lipstick. I had Cosmo first, and I was hoping to find another MLBB that is a little farther from the natural color of my lips (Cosmo is just one or two shades away). I was taken with the swatches I found before I bought this, I found it really pretty and seemed to work with all skintones after checking the reviews.

I have dark hair, and fair to medium Asian skin. But when I bought it, it's 30% disappointing. Sometimes, it feels like I look older/aged when wearing this shade. It's not vampy-level for me, but I just find it dark. Applying this heavily doesn't work for me. This is not a kind of MLBB I can wear all year round - it fails me during the summer months hehehe.

Don't get me wrong, my viewpoint on this shade is not an entirely negative experience. When I'm in the mood to use it, I just swipe it once on my lower lip, purse my lips together, and spread it a little with my fingers. Or I go for the "just-bitten" stained look - apply it only at the center of my lips, pat it with my finger to get that gradiation effect. I find it more appropriate to wear on rainy days and cold weather. And just like that Craving becomes the object of my affection.

Overall, if I had only discovered the glory of the luster finish earlier, I should have went for Plumful instead. It's more muted and 1-2 shades lighter than Craving, so I guess it'll work for me more. But never mind, the secret is in how you apply it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. The pinky-mauve color is perfect for my skin which is almond/caramel colored. I find unlike MAC shades such as Twig which wash me out completely, Craving gives me a nice neutral look with enough pink color. I think this is a great shade for medium to darker skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Craving is my favorite Mac lipstick! I love wearing it with a coral blusher and brown eyeshadow. I know many of you think of it as an Autumn /Winter shade, but I love wearing it all year round because it suits my skin and it plumps my lips in a nice way.
Highly recommended :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"Craving" is my most-used MAC lipstick. I'd describe it as a medium plum shade that is noticeable while still remaining very demure; I wear it so often because it works for just about any situation. It's extremely office-appropriate, but would also look pretty and sophisticated for a night out. The Amplified Creme finish is my favorite of MAC's lipstick formulations, too. They're creamy, comfortable, and extremely pigmented.

This might sound contradictory, because I really like the shade overall, but I do think that Craving is a bit of a "boring" color. On me, at least, it's so wearable partly because it isn't particularly high-impact... it's just neutral, classic, and pretty. I have light, warm-toned (NC20) skin, but from the swatches I've seen, it looks even better on darker skin tones. A good, reliable staple.

I really love this beautiful shade of lipstick. It's a medium berry shade and highly pigmented. I might be partial to this lipstick because I wore it on my wedding day and it showed up great in the pictures and wasn't too dark or too red. I had a winter wedding and this is definitely a fall/winter shade in my eyes, it just seems a little too deep for me in spring/summer when I prefer coral shades. The wear time is great - it lasted through the ceremony and dinner before I had to reapply, and even through the rest of the evening I only had to reapply a few times. It's comfortable, not drying, and has a slight sheen. It makes lips look plump and they stand out without being too dark. Overall this is a great shade that I think would suite many people!

I also have Captive which is just a few shades darker. I would not suggest getting both though unless you really love that type of color and want a darker option, as they are very close and have a similar formula (Craving is Amplified so highly pigmented and brighter, and Captive is Satin so it has less shine).

For reference: fair/cool complexion, honey blonde hair, blue eyes.

I love this lipstick. I have highly pigmented, pink-rosy lips and on me this looks like a muted berry color. It does transfer a little but is not drying at all and glides very smoothly over the lips. Its incredibly pigmented as well. To me, $16 is a good price for a very high quality lipstick, compared to some out there that are 30+.

Recommended for Medium Skin