MAC Craving

4.6

on 6/14/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Craving is my favorite Mac lipstick! I love wearing it with a coral blusher and brown eyeshadow. I know many of you think of it as an Autumn /Winter shade, but I love wearing it all year round because it suits my skin and it plumps my lips in a nice way.
Highly recommended :)

on 6/11/2015 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

"Craving" is my most-used MAC lipstick. I'd describe it as a medium plum shade that is noticeable while still remaining very demure; I wear it so often because it works for just about any situation. It's extremely office-appropriate, but would also look pretty and sophisticated for a night out. The Amplified Creme finish is my favorite of MAC's lipstick formulations, too. They're creamy, comfortable, and extremely pigmented.

This might sound contradictory, because I really like the shade overall, but I do think that Craving is a bit of a "boring" color. On me, at least, it's so wearable partly because it isn't particularly high-impact... it's just neutral, classic, and pretty. I have light, warm-toned (NC20) skin, but from the swatches I've seen, it looks even better on darker skin tones. A good, reliable staple.

on 6/11/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really love this beautiful shade of lipstick. It's a medium berry shade and highly pigmented. I might be partial to this lipstick because I wore it on my wedding day and it showed up great in the pictures and wasn't too dark or too red. I had a winter wedding and this is definitely a fall/winter shade in my eyes, it just seems a little too deep for me in spring/summer when I prefer coral shades. The wear time is great - it lasted through the ceremony and dinner before I had to reapply, and even through the rest of the evening I only had to reapply a few times. It's comfortable, not drying, and has a slight sheen. It makes lips look plump and they stand out without being too dark. Overall this is a great shade that I think would suite many people!

I also have Captive which is just a few shades darker. I would not suggest getting both though unless you really love that type of color and want a darker option, as they are very close and have a similar formula (Craving is Amplified so highly pigmented and brighter, and Captive is Satin so it has less shine).

For reference: fair/cool complexion, honey blonde hair, blue eyes.

on 4/23/2015 5:32:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I have highly pigmented, pink-rosy lips and on me this looks like a muted berry color. It does transfer a little but is not drying at all and glides very smoothly over the lips. Its incredibly pigmented as well. To me, $16 is a good price for a very high quality lipstick, compared to some out there that are 30+.

on 3/17/2015 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favorite lipsticks shades, MAC or otherwise. It's the perfect medium berry; not too dark, not too bright. The Amplified finish makes for a creamy, easily applied, comfortable wear. It's a bit of a muted shade, in my opinion, and I can pull this off as a neutral with many, many looks. Wear time is that of a normal MAC Amplified lipstick. If I don't eat or drink, I can get lots of hours of wear. It leaves a nice stain behind if given enough time to set on the lips before being touched by food or drink.

on 3/17/2015 3:56:00 PM

This is my first MAC lipstick. I've heard great things about the brand and was excited to get a color. I told the MUA that I was looking for an everyday kind of pink color that I could wear to class. Bold colors are wonderful and I like to wear them, but I needed a go-to color that I could apply to give my lips a bit of color when I don't have time for a full on red or purple lip. Craving is perfect. It applies well and strands out just enough on my lips. Its creamy and needs to be reapplied after eating or drinking, but will last pretty long otherwise and only needs to be refreshed with a lip balm to give it moisture.

on 2/24/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this lipstick been all my life! I love it, not too bright, not too neutral, just a beautiful pop of colour. My HG lipstick!

on 2/12/2015 2:58:00 PM

Probably would not buy this again just because I feel it's not stand out enough to buy again. Sort of goes on my lips as blood red. Saw in a pic on me and thought it looked quite nice so im torn between giving 3 lippies or 4. It's definitely not a spring summer colour. I jus think there are much nicer MAC shades out there!

on 2/2/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Such a versatile and flattering shade that suits a number of skin tones. Fair and tan friends with both warm and cool undertones have enjoyed using it. For my NC25 it's my perfect pink. A muted cranberry that's not too light or dark. Amplified cream formulas are exactly that - so smooth, rich and pigmented. They feel very luxurious and have the signature subtle vanilla scent. They don't last as long as Mac matte formulas and Craving especially doesn't withstand food or drink, but they don't smudge and I'm happy to reapply every few hours. I don't experience a stain either. Great for both day and night wear.

on 1/29/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Craving is gorgeous!!! On me it's a midtone plumish pink. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my absolute favourite). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Craving lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful rose pink stain behind. I love this lipstick so much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Recommended for Medium Skin