September 23, 2014 | 1418 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Refined Golden

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After completely going through my MAC's Pro Longwear Bronzer "Nude on Board", I picked this one up and decided to give it a try. I typically wear an NC15/NC20, and while this is a pretty dark, pigmented bronzer, I still find it wearable on my skin tone.

I would describe the color as a deep, warm bronze with a fine gold shimmer running through it -- it is not a metallic bronzer by any means, but it does have some trace glitter, which I don't find chunky on the face, more or less just a subtle glow. It can pull a bit orangey, so most people may prefer it as a nice summer bronzer as opposed to a contour, but to each their own. I just like how buildable it is, from very light to very dark, and I feel that an array of skin tones could make this work. It blends out pretty well, and wears on me all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Ihearttintin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Refined Golden" seems to be re-promoted for every summer collection. I bought this because the MAC mua recommended this for my NC42 skin tone. I thought it would be too dark but it seems to be just fine. I don't really use this to contour but more so a blush with bronze color. It has a tiny bit of sparkles but looks matte on skin. Compared to NARS Laguna, this is a bit more of a red tone brown. NARS Laguna is a bit more muted muddy brown but with sparkles, surprisingly. This product is good and I seem to go back to it frequently when I'm on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JessicaMontello

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JulesRiv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

I really love this bronzer. I am nc35 and I find it gives me a nice glow. The people who have said this is orange, it might look like that on you because you are very pale in skin tone. I don't recommend this bronzer if you have a very light complexion. I would say this is for meduim skintones to tan/dark. Im not tan im meduim light so inbetween..But if your a woman of colour then this is for you. I would definitely buy this again and again if I run out. THE $himmers show alittle bit if you have primed your face and are wearing a really good foundation and setting powder.
I really can't live without this bronzer it just is one of my favourites.overall I would give this 10/10
. * do not THROW THIS ON THE FLOOR THE POWDER WILL CRACK into peices because the powder is soft.!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very orangey, does not blend well, bad texture. Might work well for someone who is tan but not for pale people.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

I really like this bronzer. I am a NW25 and find this gives me just the right amount of glow (with a light hand). I can see how you would end up looking a little muddy / orange if you did apply too much.
Would definately re-purchase, however I think this will last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lot of people said this made them look "ruddy", "orangey", or "dirty", but on my C2 complexion, it just made me look healthy. Healthy, radiant, and glowing.
It wasn't a glitterbomb, it was subtle. It highlighted my cheekbones, and really gave my face dimension and color.
Plus, the packaging is very sleek and portable, so it's easy to take with you on the go, and the golden color is very, very gorgeous.
BUT it stayed on for like 10 minutes before wearing off. Not cool at ALL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thank you to the lovely SA who told me to use this instead of pink undertoned blushes. I had no idea I was cool toned and adding pink to my face makes it 10 times worse. This stuff looks super dark in the pan, but on my face gives an awesome healthy glow. I was unsure at first and almost swapped away, then I saw pictures of me using this and kept it, I am so glad I didn't swap!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No