July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jocelynwallace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this perfume for the last couple of weeks and I love it.

Once I first started buying my own cosmetics and perfumes around the age of 15-16, I asked my mom about products she'd recommend. She enthusiastically told me that Sweet Honesty from Avon was one of her favorite scents as a teenager. Her adolescence was spent in the 1970's and 80's, so I knew it was some oldschool ish. Nonetheless, I had always been curious about it. It would be years after my mom told me about the perfume that I'd buy it.

I'm in my twenties now, and when I was shopping for more perfumes to add to my collection, I remember what my mother said and bought it online.

When I first spray it, it smells very strong...like that kinda musky old lady smell.

After it settles though, it smells AMAZING (to me). It makes me feel very relaxed, and it reminds me of my childhood. It makes me feel as if I am literally revisiting the past, when I was more carefree and things were more simple. I get nostalgic. I know the scent's from the 70's but it reminds me of the 90's (my childhood decade). Even the packaging and bottle itself, which is very simple (I prefer extravagant and showy looking perfume bottles, though but for $15 it's not bad at all). It is a mood booster for me.

No other fragrance has had that effect on me.

It's hard to describe what it smells like but it has a slight baby powder odor and then some. It's not a "sexy" smell, but it's not a bad smell either. It just smells good and clean to me. It also lasts on me, it does not "wear off" right away.

I would be fine with wearing this just about everyday but when it comes to special occasions I will wear something sexier, and modern.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sweet Honesty is a nice soft gentle fragrance. Definitely a fragrance for daytime. Soft 1st sprayed on the skin and a soft dry down. Of course as with all fragrance, personal preference & body chemistry key. Try a sample if your can obtain one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sweet Honesty has been around for many, many years and there must be a reason. It's a perpetual favorite of many people. It's an inexpensive fragrance that one can store in their gym locker, car or what have you for when you need something inexpensive. The name I'm sure probably puts many off, but honestly, anyone who has ever tried Avon's fragrances has tried Sweet Honesty at least once in their lives.
It's a good sleeping scent with its basic lightly spiced vanilla aroma that gently prods you to sleep, actually. It's comfortably quiet. It's nothing to write home about once you've graduated to the bigger bad girls. We all know that.
This fragrance is a very light musk that turns powdery almost immediately with light woodsy notes. The one floral note of hyacinth balances the mix quite neatly to wrap Sweet Honesty together into a soft scent to wear when you need a fragrance that is unassuming yet very feminine.
Sits very close to the skin for just a few hours, which again, is why this is perfect for sleeping. A very inoffensive scent that can be worn year-round.
Fragrance Notes: Honey, Vanilla, Hyacinth, Musk, Lemon, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Rose.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I used this fragrance back when I was in High School. It's a powdery, soft scent. Not too strong as it wears off during the day, but it has nice staying powder. It's youthful, but most of all, it's clean. It has a charm of it's own that's hard to describe. The price is not too high, and it could be an every day fragrance. I really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Summerylove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Light friendly warm cuddly scent. No sharpness. Just soft welcoming veil of comfort.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Whiffnotes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As everyone has pointed out, it is a, pretty and powdery scent. It is best used right after a shower, when the freshness of a clean feeling merges with the powder soft scent of Sweet Honesty. I got it in Manila for $8, brand new. Not bad at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not an offensive smell. Just a safe smell. It is very powdery, but not a nice powdery like Love's Baby Soft. Disappointed. Bad staying power too. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tessture

Mostly sweet powder. I remember loving this as a child, but I've outgrown it. Still, there's nothing offensive in it, it's just too pinkly pretty, sweet pea powdery for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those classic Avon perfumes you can never go wrong with. I got my first one for Christmas in the 8th grade and it's been a part of perfume wardrobe ever since. It's a perfect scent for spring or summer days because so light and flirty. Not a fruity scent, but more of a sweet powdery smell with a hint of musk or wood. It's light and subtle enough for me to wear it at work and not draw attention to myself. It's really inexpensive too. I think it goes for between 10 or 15 dollars.

I got this a part of the Sweet Honesty bundle that included the Perfumed Skin Softener, Shimmering Body Powder and Antiperspirant - all for $12, which I thought was a steal. I would definitely recommend these as well since they leave the skin smelling beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by LaurieEyeBee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this scent since it first appeared in the Avon catalog in 1973 -- when I was 17. Yep, I'm an old lady of 56 now and I still wear Sweet Honesty. Even though I'm a perfume aficionado I'm terrible at describing "notes." So I'll just say it has everything I could possibly want in a summer cologne: not fruity (hate fruity perfumes), a little sexy but at the same time innocent, clean and comforting. I have a suspicion that Avon MAY have done a bit of reformulating (a mortal sin! agree?) but it could be my hormones changing; it doesn't smell QUITE the same on me as it did years ago. Nonetheless I still love it and I can't imagine why anyone would not!