April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Fragrance - Lolita Lempicka - Au Masculin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this fragrance for my husband based on the ratings (at the time) on makeup alley.

It is a scent that does not know where it belongs...on a man or a woman. It doesn't belong. It is a pleasant fragrance in the bottle but the idea of it being on a man or a woman is wrong. I do not recommend this fragrance for anyone unless you like confused fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

My husband is on his third large bottle of this and I'll be the first at Sephora when he starts to run low. This is simply a gorgeous, manly, licorice-y, scent that makes me swoon. The dry down isn't too sweet or sharp and lasts and lasts.

It's definitely unique enought that my girlfriends ask what is it that he wears so they can buy for their husbands and boyfriends.

Have repurchased and plan to again!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cool refreshing vanilla & violets, has that cold marble feel like Imperial Opoponax, touch of cool green herb. Just ok on me, I prefer Bulgari Black for cool vanilla, this one's fruity & cheap smelling in comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Calicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My boyfriend wears this scent and I love it.. Women always coment on how good he smells.. It is a very sexy and suductive scent. I have to admit his scent is something i noticed the first time we met :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Wow! What a surprise! I'm a beauty advisor and was given this as a gift at work because of high sales for one month. My store doesn't even sell this! It is a refreshing cologne for men described as a fresh eau de toilette and a vegetal freshness blowing on a licorice wood accord. Definitely unique, and unlike anything I've smelled before! I can see this being a hit!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by crob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once again I let my love of the gorgeous bottle get the better of me! This is a woodsy, licorice-y smlling cologne that would probably smell gorgeous on other people. Certainly it is very unusual and striking. However, as with the female version, this is one of the very few fragrances to make me feel sick and headachey when worn on my skin. Staying power is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jessimara

This is probably the most gorgeous mens cologne i've ever smelt.
My ex used to wear this and I would always steal it from him..
It smells almost chocolatey, with hints of berries, plum and a gingery, zesty base note. I think this should be a unisex fragrance as it's that incredible. Please try this cologne!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A million times better than the fem. versions. The girly Lempicka's have a sickly artificial note that makes me ill. The mens version is sharper and cleaner.. and better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Number1Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my husband his first bottle of Lolita a few years ago.. I've been obsessed with the women's Lolita L fragrance since it's release & have every one of her women's fragrances :)
I LOVE this scent on him, it's so sexy and not at all like the status quo guys colones out there right now.
I'm also prone to migraines with certain perfume lines (Estee Lauder & Mache are two that are instant aggrivators for me) and this line is one that I've NEVER had any reaction to.
I love the different notes in this fragrance (aniseed & ivy to start & then the vanilla & cedarwood base notes)! There are a lot of subtle nuances to the scent that make it interesting & leave me wanting more!
When his last bottle ran out, we went to the counter to find something new & ended up leaving with another bottle of Lolita. Neither of us has found another fragrance we like as much as this one... ladies buy it for your men & you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never got on with the feminine Lolita Lempicka fragrances as I find them too sweet without anything to balance the sweetness, or to cut through it. I only tried this by accident because the bottle was sat by the till at Kookai while I was waiting to pay. And I am so impressed! The opening licorice note gradually blends with violet, then down into vanilla and cedar and a little spice. I don't get the full gingerbread experience mentioned in other reviews but this is delicious both to sniff and to breathe in. I know my boyfriend won't wear this (he will deny it's a proper male fragrance) but I might buy it for him so he can enjoy me wearing it. To any women who haven't thought of trying it due to the name, I strongly recomment giving it a go.