November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Cleansers - Chanel - Gel Purete

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This is a great cleanser for super oily skin that is not sensitive.
Pro:It get everything out of the pores. Works well on oily t-zone with large pores.
Cons: It is expensive for a cleasner that contains sodium laureth sulfate which most drug store cleanser use. SLF is good at cleansing, but is super drying and irritating for sensitive acne prone skin. It is worse for dry skin it causes the skin to become super dry and can flake and peel. Not good for combination dry skin.
This cleanser did clean everything out of my pores but made my face super dry and itchy after one use. Plus lashes started to fall off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by BrandonBoston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just one pump of this clear gel is enough to lather your entire face! The scent alone is awesome and after I rinse off, I feel like the cleanser has really done a thorough job of removing oil, dirt, and any dead cells. Use this in conjunction with the Chanel Lotion Purete toner and you have a wonderful duo to combat oil and add a matte finish to your skin without stripping it of critical moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A very good choice for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin! This water-based gel cleanser refreshes my skin without dehydrated it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

This is a good product.I purchased it about a month ago. It really knocks my skin into place. I like how it takes off my makeup and makes my skin feel.This cleasner can be slightly drying so I am not going to use this in the winter but it was worth it and I would totally buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

This isn't the worst cleanser I've ever used, but it's far from the best. This dried out my skin a bit, and I was constantly breaking out while using this. Nothing major, but enough to be annoying. At this price, I just guess I expected something a bit better than this. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MaryMc95

i have normal/combination skin. ive been using this product for a few years. its a great cleanser for removing all kinds of makeup and grit but recently i find it a little too drying and tight on my skin. i would buy it again but i wouldnt use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

Very good. Can be a bit drying if it is used continuously for a long period of time. I prefer this for the summer, and use something a little milder for winter. I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by smjaber

Although this is a little too drying on my skin in winter months I really like it because it removes all traces of make up and leaves your skin feeling fresh and smooth. It lasts for a very long time as you only need to use a very small amount and smells nice and clean. I've just bought my third.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first Chanel cleanser I have ever used and I freaking love it!

I got this about 2 weeks ago after using Chanel Hydramax Cream and I loved it so much that I got the cleanser as well. I can say with confidence that since using chanel gel purete along with chanel hydramax cream that I have not had any new breakouts... not 1!

I love this cleanser because it does not dry out my skin like other cleansers do. It foams up well creating a bubbly lather to wash my face and it rinces off clean taking off all my makeup.

I would def recommend using this product if you get moderate breakouts... nothing too severe, and if you tend to have dry skin as this will not dry it out further. It also smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by frederikkexox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. It smells amazing and after using this product for about a month(with Chanel toner and moisturizer) my skin look really good.
My skin is combination and after i used the clinic 3-step, my ski was bad and dry. So I got this and in a few days, all the dryness was gone, but at the same time my skin wasn't oily...

If you haven't tried it yet, go get a sample ^_^