November 22, 2014 | 963 users online

Self Tanners - Maybelline - Maybelline Tinted Self Tanner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by dhl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is harder to find to purchase unfortunately. I like this brand in med deep, and a couple other brands that work for me -- the banana boat, and fakebake.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hkorteka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used the Solar Energy Self-Tanner in Light/Medium and I think its well worth the price. The colour blends in with your skin, it doesn't stain and you can wash it off your hands as to avoid that horrible streaky look. You should probably apply a couple of times if you want a dark noticeable tan but after one application I thought I had a nice shimmery glow. Its also oil free so I used it on my face and so far no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by almond311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product recently and I see it was in a slightly new packaging then the one in the picture, and with a new name. The new name is Maybelline Solar Energy Self Tanner. I believe it comes in two colors, the first of which is Light/Medium. I bought it for $2 at a discount retailer, and thought I would just give it a try, having tried similar at home products at a higher price. I have to say that so far this has been the best, especially for the price. It goes on in a way that you see where you put it on, and you are able to evenly blend it, more or less (if there is a problem, you can technically correct by buffing the next morning). Overall, did a very good job for the price paid. Best part is that I looked tanned, but not orangy (but i did only try it once, dont know what would happen if i pile it on or with continued use). Heh when I cant go on vacation I will definitely use this to do the trick to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by oubrittany

I used to stock up on this at the local Dollar Tree because it's a wonderful easy, go-to bronzer for $1. Unfortunately, my DT stopped carrying it so I've been searching for it for the past couple months. I travel for work and any time I'm in a new city and see a Dollar Tree I stop in to see if they're carrying this. This product provides a perfect amount of bronze and the application is practically fool-proof. I'm so disappointed I can't find it anymore and I've only got one more bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this tanner.
On the plus side, it has the potential of giving me a deep bronze colour. Also, it is relatively cheap.
However, the lasting power of this is pathetic. I applied this for say, 3 days, & the colour had built up quite well & I was looking tanned. But the next day, it is already starting to fade & go streaky.

I like the bottle this comes in...very attractive.
If I apply this for more than 3 days, it goes orange.
I like the smell very much - compared to other tanners this is fantastic. Doesn't have that nasty fake tan smell, which is rare for tanners.

I would buy this again, because it is a good tanner in regards to smell, packaging & build up (until you reach a certain stage & turn orange). However, it is not my fave gradual tanner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by danielle8282

I bought this in Medium to Deep at my local Dollar Store after reading all the great reviews. I found that it fades quite fast and in patches. Also, I would have liked for it to make me a tad darker. Not an awful product for the price I paid ($1.19), but just beware of blotchiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by niff524

I bought this on ebay after reading all the amazing reviews on MUA. It's my first self tanner and I LOVE how it tans my body but it was a DISASTER on my face!!! It broke it out like crazy =((((( I'm still quite upset..... I reckon it'll take at least a week for my skin to totally recover from this trauma =((( But it definitely gives a lovely colour in a couple of hours' time (I'm using medium-deep) and is very easy to apply even for a self tanner beginner like me =P Would recommend it BUT be very careful about applying this to your face... If you're acne prone I'd advise you not to do so.......

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ghirardellichic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this at my local Dollar Tree for $1 after reading reviews. I bought 10 bottles of Medium-Deep. The color is instant and stayed with me after a shower and exfoliating. Easy to apply with gloves. No orange color here. My only complaint is it smells decent while you are applying it but even after a few showers there's this nasty odor that comes with all self tanners but this one is STRONG. I like the color but I won't buy this again due to the after odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by fantasian00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far the best self-tanner i have used. I saw it at dollar tree for only a dollar, I was a little eery about trying it cuz i thought it must be at dollar tree for a reason...as in it's not good. but then i decided to give it a try a few days ago. wow i am very happy with the result, it gave my skin good coloring, smelled nice, went on very easy, and so far it's been fading nicely. i wanted to buy more so i drove back to dollar tree but they were all gone! if i find them anywhere i will be sure to stock up on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after seeing all the great reviews about it and i spotted this at my local Dollar Tree. This stuff is amazing!!! I used it on my legs and they turned a nice tan color...not orangey!! I can't believe i found this for a dollar and im so glad i bought 3 tubes!! I used med/dark and the color turned out great. No streaky legs for me! (i usually get streaks with other self tanners but not with this one surprisingly) I can't wait to try this on my face. If u spot this, buy it cause supposedly its only available in the summer and for alot more money ( $9 on ebay). There are tiny flecks of sparkle but its very subtle.