September 18, 2014 | 1374 users online

Tools - The Body Shop - The Body Shop Blusher Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Nacelle

I really like this brush, it's soft, it gets the job done and it's not too big for a blush brush. I like to control where I put my color, and this brush has a little more control than some other bigger, more fluffy blush brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got mine on sale last year but when I got home I was disappointed with its performance. It didnt pick up color well so I never used it ..until now! At a recent sale at Body Shop (again!) I was looking for a blusher and the MUA handed me this brush to apply the tester blusher. When I swirled the brush in the pan it seem to pick up color well. Then I realized it was the shape of blusher itself (it was an oval- 3 dimensional- dome -shape like blusher) that allowed me to pick up the pigment! So this brush works well with a certain shaped blusher in the pan, baked makeup (the recent craze!) and also ideally mineral makeup(due to texture!) I find that on a flat pan I pick up less color and need to apply more strokes. So... Im glad I can re-use this brush again for blushers that come in different shapes,textures and formulas. Normally cosmetics companies tailor their brushes to their product. I should have known better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I've had this for years. I still use it as a blusher brush because... It is still in good shape and I won't buy a new one unless I need it.

Granted, it is soft and springs back into shape at every wash but it doesn't pick up pigment so I have to apply a few times.

I am using more expensive colours these days so I might have to change this brush out but it just doesn't want to break!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I bought this when I was first getting into make-up in high school, so I guess that would mean I have owned this for about six years now. It's still in the same great shape as it was then. In fact, it's still my favourite blush brush that I have encountered. I think I paid $20-something (CAD) for it at the time. It seemed so expensive, but what a great investment it was. It's soft, sturdy, high-quality, cruelty-free, and hasn't frayed or shed. It picks up the perfect amount of product and applies PERFECTLY to the apples of my cheeks. I truly see a difference in my blush application when I use this one in comparison to two other blush brushes. Bravo to The Body Shop!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by colacreations

This is a fantastic brush. Since it's artificial and not real hair it doesn't collect as much bacteria as a real hair brush would, and also last longer. With regular up keep and cleaning, this brush will last you forever. It's precise enough to give you colour exactly where you want it, but is still wide enough to give you a natural look and not look drawn on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the quality of the brush but it doesn't work well as a blusher brush for me, I realise now I prefer angled brushes. Its a good for general face powders too though so I still use it occasionally

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MsSpice

I bought this brush at least 7 years ago and love it! Washes really well, keeps it's shape, and still looks brand new. I use it mostly with bronzer and is probably my most used item in my make up bag.

I love all the body shop make up brushes and think are great value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by hopejpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this brush is great for translucide powder to set my foundation. Only bought it yesterday so I haven't used it for blush yet, but I have high hopes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay i don't know if i am writing the review on the correct product- the brush i am reviewing is a short, golden handled kabuki brush with SUPER SOFT dark brown bristles. as i was searching for the product the first picture that popped up in the upper right corner of the page is the exact brush that i have. i'm saying this because this is the only brush from the body shop that i own and i am not an expert in their brushes, perhaps the type of blush brush reviewed here is an old/new/changed one.

i LOVE this brush, i purchased it a loooooong time ago (that's why i said i won't repurchase- why would i when it doesn't run out, it doesn't shed A SINGLE hair, it stays soft and densely packed, the handle hasn't loosened at all in two years etc) and i bought it just because i liked the dark reddish brown bristles, the golden handle and the fluffiness haha! i wasn't a brush person back then so i just picked the first 'big' brush to use for a bronzer.

holy moley. this brush is THE brush....for bronzer, blusher AND FOUNDATION. yes my friends....after having tried all methods for applying foundations and not having yet discovered the method to make my foundation appear airbrushed (don't wanna pay a galore of money for a Mac stippling brush), i came across a video on youtube of EnKoreMakeup, he was making a comparison between a dome shaped kabuki and flat shaped kabuki brush for foundation application. and i said why not give it a try.

i've always believed foundation has to be applied with a flat brush, a sponge or the fingers because whenever i saw the girls on Youtube using big fluffy brushes to apply their foundation i thought it was a waste of product, uncomfortable, hair shedding, etc. NO WAY!!!

i mostly use this for foundation application, with small circular motions. i have to say i am super surprised. it picks up the foundation like nothing else, it blends it in my skin immediately, there isn't even the slightest foundation residue on the bristles, as if i had never even used it in the first place. the bristles don't collect product so you can use it for many times without having to wash it every day. it remains so clean i can use it for bronzer application right after...lol.
the effect is AMAZING. airbrush. no pores, no lines. I LOVE IT, and i never love any foundation application tool because i have never found the perfect one.
i wish i had pics with before and after, both with this brush and my regular flat foundation brush (flat- the slim one, regular foundation brush). and it might be just my paranoia but it also:
-doesn't streak AT ALL, even when i use my wacky foundation combo, different textures and colors that usually streak like hell
-doesn't cake
-doesn't clog in the pores
- blends in perfectly along the hair and jaw line
- might be me, again, BUT my makeup doesn't budge for around 10 hours. and i don't use a primer, i use the same foundations and moisturizer as with another tool. so yeah. until i will afford to invest in expensive professional brushes and test others, i think this is my definite HG foundation brush. then again...why pay for other brushes when i have this one.

and when it gets old and ineffective in any way i will most definitely repurchase....but i am sure this will happen in the year 2100 so that's why i said i won't. YAY. I LOVE IT.

give it a try, it is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 8:52:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

I love this brush! It's very soft even after so many washes!