August 1, 2014 | 1824 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

I do like this self tanner but it's not my favorite- the mousse is much better. This is relatively easy to apply and doesn't streak but when I wash it off the next morning I'm left with very little color- maybe one shade darker than my naturally fair skin. It's also somewhat greasy and takes a long time to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jodieleannexx

Best self tanner I have ever used! I used to use cheaper tans that didn't really give much effect on me and they didn't have a very good colour, so I had a voucher for a store by me and brought this tan. It was £30.50 but I had my voucher so it cost nothing, I would never pay 30.50 because you can get it lots cheaper on ebay. I got back home and couldn't wait to try it so I didn't even exfoliate or anything and it still come out perfect!! I was very happy with the outcome. Gorgeous natural colour, not to over the top. Fantastic self tan won't use another fake tan other then St Tropez!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tmc33

Don't waste your money.

I bought this in South Africa, no less, because the exchange made it cheaper for me. I am a self tanning junkie and have tried them all, so I'd been eyeing this one up for years but couldn't swallow paying for it at home.

Yes, the formula doesn't smell as self tannerish as others...instead is smells of my grandmother who has lost her own sense of smell and bathes in her horrid perfume.

The color is natural. That's the only good point. A little also goes a long way. Much, much streakier then any other drugstore brand I've tried so far. To the places that I applies more then usual, streak city. To the places that I went lightly, my color is barely 2 shades darker. BARELY. And they want you to shower afterwards?! What?

I will stick with my standby L'oreal stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Reynolds33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

TIP: To remove the stain from your palms: make a paste of baking soda and water then rub your palms together. You're palms will be normal again.

I have done my whole body with this tanner and my palms were black; and I was able to remove the stain from my palms very easily with the baking soda paste. I am sure the gloves work fine; however, I would think you would waste a good amount of product on the glove or mitt. Baking soda is the cheapest solution to this problem. It is a tad drying so add a little hand lotion and you're good to go.

I only gave this product 3 lippies because I'm not sure about how well this tanner works on me. There is immediate payoff; however, once I take a shower, I feel I'm back to the same color again.

I used Clarins facial tanner before and that was awesome....good color and the smell didn't bother me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bemoore11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased so many self tanners in the past and I can honestly say this one is the best I have tried. It gives great color and it smells fantastic with a fresh, clean scent. It goes on well but be sure to wear latex gloves because it does stain your hands if you are not careful. The color is very natural looking and not at all orangish looking. This product is well worth the price and it will deliver good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely product. Goes on smoothly, easy to apply. Make sure you use a mitt to avoid orange hands. I tend to prefer the bronzing mousse as I feel you have more control of the colour. This product still provides a natural looking tan and doesn’t give off an offensive smell unlike some fake tanners.

Is this product worth the money? Yes I think it is. It provides a natural looking tan and doesn’t smell too bad which are the two main things I look for. I would happily buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, I would NEVER spend $40 on a self tanner (this was a gift) especially since it is just one ingredient that is self tanning in all these products. My H decided that he wanted to get this for me because he liked the way it looked on someone from work and provided this for me to try. Being hooked on self tanners this summer, I could not turn down a gift.
I also got the glove which is a big help and i wish i discovered tanning gloves sooner.
I used it 2x so far and gawd what a rip off disappointment. It pains me that my H wasted his money! I also wish i had checked beautypedia's review first because it is an unhappy face because of all the fragrance in it. . . which just so happens to not irritate my skin. Because half the product is made up of fragrance, guess what? no lingering self tanner smell for those who do not like that smell.
My h tried this out and he turned a nice tan brown color without looking like he's from jersey shore. it will feel tight/dring on your face if you have dry/normal skin. the only self tanner i can use on my face is paulas choice almost the real thing because it does not make me feel tight/dry but that one does not give dark color.
I put this on top of my drugstore tanner thinking i would be super bronze goddess instead of natural light looking the next morning since this is talked about like it is so superior of a tanning/bronzing product, and didn't get any additional color just brown color guide ... the color from this is no better than a $10 ds self tanner, after all it is just a chemical reaction from ONE INGREDIENT that changes the skins color plus your own chemical makeup of the skin. . I guess my expectations were way too high.
I should note that i am naturally VERY pale, about as pale as a sheet of paper/ glow in the dark white which may be why it is hard for me to get bronze beach babe color from self tanners. My H is not as light as me...
some pros of this product are that it is not thick or sticky on your body and that it comes in a pump.
Someone who might like this is a person who does not mind spending $40 for a self tanner that half the ingredients are fragrance, and just wanting a light natural tan instead of bronze beachy babe look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

YES. Move over, other self tanners. St Tropez just kicked your butt. There is nothing I would change about this product. It smells good, it makes your skin look great, gives you a natural looking and yet deep tan, doesn't streak, and moisturizes your skin. The aloe vera in this tanner helps soothe sentsitive skins, and helps promote a healthy looking glow without the damage of the sun.

Putting on the product, is a different story. USE GLOVES. If you don't you will have the darkest palms on the planet. Make sure you put a little regular moisturizer on your drier areas such as your knees, elbows, ankles and hands (this will prevent the tanner from going into the creases). When you are applying the product, put it on fast. You don't want to rub this product into your skin, as this will give you dark pores. It is a quick apply, even out, and brush off access. Careful which clothes you wear afterwards as this will stain them.

Overall, this is the best tanner on the market, and I strongly believe that you will not get a better sun-less tan with any other product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by keekz

This product is AMAZING! I am very pale, pale to the point where people ask my on a regular is I am able to tan -_- well, after spending $50 to buy this, I can proudly say that I can (even if it isnt real hehe). After two applications of this, I had a glow and looked as if I came back from vacation. The glow was not just so-so, it was dark, believeable colour. On me?! I couldn't believe it. I used to use the creams in the drugstore like Jergens, and always wanted to puke after when I smelled myself. It was also very orange on me. Therefore, I thought all tanners would be the same. This is not- this is my HG for tanners! The pump is good, however, it broke on me after my 3rd or 4th time using it so that's a piss off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rangerhollywood

While this stuff is definitely expensive, it is truly liquid gold for me. I've only used it once (yesterday) so maybe I should have waited because I can't really comment in how long it lasts and how it fades, but I just have to review it now!

Because I am a very pale olive tone right now and it's winter I was afraid of going too dark so I did about a 60/40 split of the St. Tropez and lotion. When I first saw the color I was like "WHOA! What am I getting myself into?". It is a very dark color, but that makes it so much easier to see where it's going, and the color itself is nice (brown, not at all orange) and didn't make me feel like I was going to end up orange. I was really worried as I put it on and rubbed (you're not really supposed to rub, but I'm paranoid about streaks) it was looking very streaky. I ended up getting it to the point where it was mostly non-streaky, but I assumed I'd wake up with a number of areas I'd need to fix in the morning. I was also pretty worried that my hands would be bright orange because no matter how much i scrubbed, I could still see it in the tiny crevices all over my palms. I scrubbed and scrubbed and used alcohol and it was still there. Oh well. I just prepared to regret this in the morning.

When I showered in the morning I was a bit confused, because there were no streaks. None. I was thinking that it just didn't work at all! When I got into better light I realized how amaaaaazing it looked. You cannot tell this is fake, because there is truly no evidence to suggest so. I have a great bronze tan right now that look completely natural, even in winter. I love this stuff!

Pros:
-Dark tint, easy to control
-Almost completely lacking that self-tanner funk smell
-Natural color
-No orange palms
-No staining on clothes
-No streaks!

Cons:
-Hard to apply evenly
-Price: a 4oz bottle is $30, 8oz is $40. Obviously may as well double up for +$10.
-Takes a long time (15 min+) to be dry enough to dress.